Ip Man 3 - 3D (2015)

Maz

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With english subs.

Seeing this has given me a little more confidence that it won't all be wire work. The fight between Donnie and Max looks like it might indeed be The fight of the movie. I really hope that the Mike Tyson fight is just a small part of the film and not the main event. They already had Ip fight the muscle guy in IP2. Hope there is a good story to back up all the action like in the first Ip movie. Either way, will get this on blu-ray when it is released. 

looks like a lot of handwork with minimal use of kicks. Maybe, due to Donnie's age? Not complaining, just noticed

Didn't see wires, at least in this featurette. Hopefully, the rest of the film will be like that. Wire use in the first two movies was borderline ridiculous

The only sad part - I don't see any young fight choreographers. Where's the young talent? After all these grandmasters are gone, who's gonna do the most important work in HK martial arts movies?

Seeing this has given me a little more confidence that it won't all be wire work. The fight between Donnie and Max looks like it might indeed be The fight of the movie. I really hope that the Mike Tyson fight is just a small part of the film and not the main event. They already had Ip fight the muscle guy in IP2. Hope there is a good story to back up all the action like in the first Ip movie. Either way, will get this on blu-ray when it is released. 

The english subs arent as literal but Donnie does say in the video the Max fight is the end fight and Max's words were that theres practically no wires in that fight

looks like a lot of handwork with minimal use of kicks. Maybe, due to Donnie's age? Not complaining, just noticed

Didn't see wires, at least in this featurette. Hopefully, the rest of the film will be like that. Wire use in the first two movies was borderline ridiculous

The only sad part - I don't see any young fight choreographers. Where's the young talent? After all these grandmasters are gone, who's gonna do the most important work in HK martial arts movies?

Wing chun focuses mainly on handwork and less kicking because the style emphasizes on balance in stances. Kicking would break that balance.

The wirework in part 1 was minimal (only restricted to pulls, falls, and jumps) whereas part 2 only had heavy wirework during the trio fight scenes and sporadically used for pulls, jumps, falls throughout the movie. Ridiculous yes but not enough composed to the point of being put off (unless you meticulously prefer fight scenes to be completely wirewore-free).

Fresh footage has emerged of Ip Man threatening the audience to turn off their mobile phones :tongueout - 

Brilliant! I hope that is included on the blu-ray. 

New Well Go USA trailer....

Nice trailer with plenty of action. Again, I hope there is a nice story to go with it. Some of it is a little repetitive but it will be nice to see the Wing Chun vs Wing Chun fight. And, if it is true that that will be the last fight scene in the movie then the Well Go marketing is setting up a little false hope. If one was not following the development end on this then just going by the trailer you would think that Iron Mike would be the main feature. I would hate it if Well Go re-arranged the film in any way to promote the fight between Iron Mike and Donnie. Nothing against Iron Mike but I want some fresh material here and not just a "greatest hits" (pardon the pun). (we saw Donnie fight the boxer last time) Hard to believe that Yuen Woo-Ping is giving us some solid fighting instead of the wire work he is famous for. Yeah, I am sure there is some but please don't let it take precedence. Also, I wonder what cities are getting this film. I would like to see it on the big screen for once. :monk_swinging:

Either way, will be getting that blu-ray once it is released. So far, like what I am seeing. Nice to know that it looks like it might be better than what I thought when I first heard the details. 

Wing chun focuses mainly on handwork and less kicking because the style emphasizes on balance in stances. Kicking would break that balance.

The wirework in part 1 was minimal (only restricted to pulls, falls, and jumps) whereas part 2 only had heavy wirework during the trio fight scenes and sporadically used for pulls, jumps, falls throughout the movie. Ridiculous yes but not enough composed to the point of being put off (unless you meticulously prefer fight scenes to be completely wirewore-free).

Yes! Kicks would normally be used in conjunction with the hand movements not by themselves. 

... but it all depends if that small bright screen is in front of you. 

If you're not there to STFU (and to stop messin' with your cell phone), then go home. Plain and simple. 

Besides, if you're going to use your cell phone, at least make yourself useful and pirate the movie. ;)

If this was the Philippines, you'd be dead.

That is worse than being useful. :laugh If all the fans supported the genre with their money then it would be better for all of us. 

Grasshopper Sage

I've been skimming the last couple pages, but where'd they land on using Bruce Lee's likeness in the film. I understood some of the stances on possible Bruceploitation but after seeing the upcoming comic that's backed by his daughter it seems sort of like she's doing exactly that. I'll check out the comic for sure but it seems his CGI role in this film would be a lot better than what she has planned for him in the comic.

I've been skimming the last couple pages, but where'd they land on using Bruce Lee's likeness in the film. I understood some of the stances on possible Bruceploitation but after seeing the upcoming comic that's backed by his daughter it seems sort of like she's doing exactly that. I'll check out the comic for sure but it seems his CGI role in this film would be a lot better than what she has planned for him in the comic.

They ended up going with an actor. The trailer shows him. He was downplayed in the trailer and making-of stuff, but, facial expressions of the actor playing Bruce gives it away. Now, who knows if that character the actor is playing will be labeled as Bruce or if it is just a bit part that fans will have to recognize by his actions. Sorta sucks that Bruce`s own brother has no say-so on how Bruce is portrayed. But, legal is legal. 

Bruce Lee will be portrayed by Danny Chan Kwok-Kwan. He's most famous for playing the goal keeper and the gangster in Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle respectively.

This is looking absolutely awesome. Lots of good action it seems. Can't wait for the Tyson fight, although actualy looking at that making of I'm interested in seeing that elevator fight. I like the fact he is protecting his wife in the scene, adds an extra element of danger, plus I was hoping she would have moe to do after the last film. Oh and that blade fight with Max Zhang? BRING IT ON! I really, seriously hope this gets released in at least a few cinemas in the UK.

So what's up with the US releasing this day and date with HK? It wasn't listed under the list of countries posted on Donnie's facebook page. Come on Well Go!

The US release date is January 22, 2016.

The HK release date is December 24, 2015.

Hopefully, If my travel plans stays as is, I will be seeing it on the big screen the following week.

With the popularity of the first two, I hope this gets a decent theatrical run in the US. And by "decent" I mean I hope it actually shows somewhere I can go and see it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

With the popularity of the first two, I hope this gets a decent theatrical run in the US. And by "decent" I mean I hope it actually shows somewhere I can go and see it.

I agree, it's the midwest that always get fukked by these limited releases. 

masterofoneinchpunch

We are pretty bad here in Modesto as well (well the whole Central Valley including Stockton here surprisingly enough I got to see The Grandmaster here; heck they did not even play either Raid here.)

Well Go actually rolled out The Assassin in lots of theaters, I plan to go see it this weekend. With the popularity of Ip Man, they should just give it a wide release from the get go! I'm sure it'll play in a lot of theaters over time

We are pretty bad here in Modesto as well (well the whole Central Valley including Stockton here surprisingly enough I got to see The Grandmaster here; heck they did not even play either Raid here.)

Was able to catch Raid 2 here. Was shocked as hell to learn about perhaps 2 days before, or, was it the day of. Very rare where I live to see anything like this at all on the big screen. 

Hey, try living in South Carolina, man. We don't get ANYTHING down here unless Michael Bay's name is attached to it. We did get both of the Raids, however lol. Berandal only played for a week though.

The plot has been revealed. There's many spoilers so read at your own risk.

http://www.jaynestars.com/news/ip-man-3-reveals-synopsis-and-spoilers/

Interesting, I guess. Hopefully, it will be a good movie. I wish that they could have done something a little more interesting with the story-line but the trailer spelt it out pretty much. There must be more to it than that cause there is no mention of Ip and BL. But, of course, we have to make Tyson the main bad guy. Tired of seeing the American (or foreign person) as the main bad guy. I guess the real Ip`s life was way too boring for film so they need to really just make shit up this time. There does not seem to be anything in this movie that even resembles anything that I have ever read about Ip. Well, maybe that is why they have included the BL stuff. Then, we can watch the doc and everyone can talk about how "real" this movie is. Can`t wait!

Archived