Ip Man 3 - 3D (2015)

Maz

just saw a another teaser on FB and it has some fight footage with Zhang and Donnie and some vocab from Mike Tyson in it some good weaponry as well

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't tell if it looks good or not, since most of the clips were from IP MAN and IP MAN 2. Regardless... should be interesting. :) Where's DiP? In the Philippines? 

• Administrator

Can't tell if it looks good or not, since most of the clips were from IP MAN and IP MAN 2. Regardless... should be interesting. :) Where's DiP? In the Philippines? 

Even that quick glimpse of the weapons work was enough to get me psyched for the film.

I've heard a lot of people wondering if Tyson's tattoo would be covered up with makeup for the film. It isn't. It's clearly visible, with no signs at an attempt to cover it up. It's very difficult to cover up solid tats with makeup, especially on the face. The makeup has to put on very thick, and even if a really talented artist applies it and paints back in a more natural shading over it, in part because the pores and subtle creases are then filled in, it still tends to lack a natural look.

Hmmm... Hope DIP finds his way here.

I've heard a lot of people wondering if Tyson's tattoo would be covered up with makeup for the film. It isn't. It's clearly visible, with no signs at an attempt to cover it up. It's very difficult to cover up solid tats with makeup, especially on the face. The makeup has to put on very thick, and even if a really talented artist applies it and paints back in a more natural shading over it, in part because the pores and subtle creases are then filled in, it still tends to lack a natural look.

Unless Tyson was playing a character based on history, there's no reason to cover it up. He's such high profile celebrity that even if you painted over his tattoo, gave him an eye-patch and a blond wig, he'd still be Mike Tyson.

BTW, Tyson is doing another Chinese film with Steven Seagal called CHINA SALESMAN

He's our era's George Lazenby. :P

• Administrator

Unless Tyson was playing a character based on history, there's no reason to cover it up. He's such high profile celebrity that even if you painted over his tattoo, gave him an eye-patch and a blond wig, he'd still be Mike Tyson.

BTW, Tyson is doing another Chinese film with Steven Seagal called CHINA SALESMAN

He's our era's George Lazenby. :P

So true!

Aw, you're having a laugh, right? :bs_um:Are you serious? :bs_confused:

Nice to see some Chi Sau, pole action and knives. And, then....Iron Mike vs Ip Man? Didn't we see that in the last film? :monk_laughing:

I would rather see them team up and fight others than have Ip fight another foreign muscle guy. Maybe the trailer is being deceptive and they will work together. Cant wait to see how much "reality" this movie will have. I just hope the fights are good. Didn't spot any "wire-fu" which could be a good sign. I was half expecting to see Ip fly through the air and hit someone. Now, waiting to see the real trailer to get an idea of what we might actually be seeing.  

I'm here and have already seen the teaser. Pretty good so far but for the next trailer(s) they better not show any CGI Bruce Lee.

Travis Xantana

movies gonna be flames, does it drop in the states the same day as in Hong Kong? supposed to release on my birthday 

The film is going to be set in Hong Kong so it's highly likely Lo Meng's playing Master Law again. I do wonder what role Tony Leung Siu Hung is playing because he appeared as one of the Foshan kung fu masters Fan Siu-Wong challenges in the first movie.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Heard someone in the chatterbox mention Michail Jai White? Why not get him to fight Ip Man? Donnie needs to call White not Iron MIke.

I still can't get past the part that since you can't find someone worthy of actually acting like Bruce Lee you draw him?

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/09/ip-man-3-new-images-of-donnie-yen-mike-tyson-but-no-cgi-bruce-lee-gallery.html#6

Looks like there will be NO CGI Bruce Lee in Ip Man 3...

According to Sam the Man, Magnum Films, the distributor of Ip Man 3 in Australia and New Zealand, has shared on their Weibo (the China-based microblogging service) that due to copyright issues, Ip Man 3 will not feature any CGI Bruce Lee, which, as you probably recall, was previously announced as a key feature of the film.

One Armed Boxer

According to Sam the Man, Magnum Films, the distributor of Ip Man 3 in Australia and New Zealand, has shared on their Weibo (the China-based microblogging service) that due to copyright issues, Ip Man 3 will not feature any CGI Bruce Lee, which, as you probably recall, was previously announced as a key feature of the film.

...and the latest new is that, they've now reverted back to having an actor play Bruce Lee.  It'll be a small part, but it will feature him having a brief fight with Ip Man.  Yawn, this just reminds me of all the pre-release hype of 'Ip Man 2' which focused on the fact he was going to have a fight with both Sammo Hung and Lo Meng.  Look how that turned out.

Lo Meng was wasted but I can't see no wrong with Fung Hak On and Sammo counting out the silly wirework in Sammo's moment.

Thankfully, it's just a small part. IMO, a major portrayal of Bruce Lee isn't needed in this franchise.

...and the latest new is that, they've now reverted back to having an actor play Bruce Lee.  It'll be a small part, but it will feature him having a brief fight with Ip Man.  Yawn, this just reminds me of all the pre-release hype of 'Ip Man 2' which focused on the fact he was going to have a fight with both Sammo Hung and Lo Meng.  Look how that turned out.

Could possibly be Danny Chan Kwok Kwun as the newest poster suggests... his name is on there.

Could possibly be Danny Chan Kwok Kwun as the newest poster suggests... his name is on there.

If that's true then I'm perfectly fine with it. The guy from Bruce Lee, My Brother wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Call me a spoilsport,but I really hope that this is the last entry for the IP MAN movies or at the very least for an extended stretch of time.They can exert their efforts on other Martial Arts notables Like for example...Lar Kar Leung? Ronald Duncan? Jim Kelly? Even someone that's still alive like Chuck Norris.If people are so hard up to do biopics on Martial Art Masters....PICK YOUR POISON.

There's a good selection to choose from!

I kinda wish they did the CGI thing. Not only would it be interesting to see how it would have turned out, but I love to see Bruce Lee fans pissed. :) It's oure entertainment. 

Archived