Ip Man 3 - 3D (2015)

Maz

I'm beginning to think this whole thing's gonna end in a Why Don't You Play in Hell-esque, snuff bloodbath. These guys are gonna use the Fu to murder each other.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From cityonfire.com

BREAKING NEWS: According to DiP (heavily regarded as one of the best Filipino sources for Donnie Yen news on the net)...

I'm dead :xd: Thanks for the shout-out still!

Could it be that Beardy himself, Leung Kar Yan, has a role in "Ip Man 3"?

nKfA12h.jpg

fYaYNyx.jpg

he looks like an Asian Robin Williams

The Dragon

This puzzles me too. I'm a Tyson fan, and the only reason I can see for including him is to boost sales. Like him or not, he's a popular famous person, and he does have some weird sort of charm these days. I can't see him being too entertaining in a non-boxing movie fight either, although he'd surly beat the breaks off of Donnie in a real fight.

Hopefully it works out though. From the few behind the scenes pictures of the two, it looks like they enjoy one another's company at least.

This puzzles me too. I'm a Tyson fan, and the only reason I can see for including him is to boost sales. Like him or not, he's a popular famous person, and he does have some weird sort of charm these days. I can't see him being too entertaining in a non-boxing movie fight either, although he'd surly beat the breaks off of Donnie in a real fight.

Hopefully it works out though. From the few behind the scenes pictures of the two, it looks like they enjoy one another's company at least.

Way I heard the story is Tyson wanted to find out who the best fighter or martial artist was in China. So he took to their Twitter which is Weibo and Donnie Yen responded because he loves Tyson. That's how it All started.

We'll see I guess I can kinda , not really see it. I know it's fictionalized account of the real Yip Man,

But I don't know how you get Tyson there. If it's the time frame where Bruce was here in the U.S. I can kinda see how you could have a black character, but otherwise I don't know. (And before anyone gets all riled up about me mentioning race I'm black so that was not meant to be racist). Now if they play him as like Jim Kelley like character who actually was around with Bruce I could see it.

I know that from what I've read that Yip Man 's family have been very vocal about the accuracy of any of the versions of the many movies out there especially the recent ones.

I'm just as concerned about a CGI Bruce.

I just want the movie to do well I love Donnie Yen and in China sometimes the behavior of one member of a film can affect the whole film. They are very strict there about behavior, drugs and alcohol. I also hope he could be a good representation of Blacks in the film because I have seen how demonized the White "invaders" like the British the Japanese and the Russians have been portrayed in that time period.

Okay it looks like my fears were unfounded about Tyson it says he did well during the shoot and was very professional (no one's ear got bit off!! :rofl ) It actually says that in the filming Yen broke Tyson's finger when hitting him!!

Okay I see the premise that Tyson is a Property developer there and that is how they come together. It says he has a significant role in the movie.

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/05/donnie-yen-fractures-mike-tysons-finger-while-shooting-ip-man-3.html

Here is a Youtube clip comparing Tyson Yen, and showing a picture of the CGI Bruce Lee. That is actually more scary than Tyson now.

This clip is in Mandarin with no subtitles and some of it appears to compare and make fun of the differences between Yen, Tyson, and Sylvester Stallone in Rocky!! I do like the comedy clip at the end with Tyson!

So here is a link that has an article in a Tabloid like Chinese website Jaynes Stars and it has a bit about the coming Ip Man movie. It looks like Bruce Lee's brother is in charge of the effects of Bruce and how that will all play out.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/donnie-yen-and-mike-tyson-duke-it-out-in-ip-man-3/

http://variety.com/2015/film/asia/mike-tyson-joins-ip-man-3-1201491872/

Guest Anonymous

Who knew Ip Man 3 would be another Bruceploitation flick.

And are they going to put makeup over Tyson's facial tattoo? I hope so because it would make no sense in that time period.

Who knew Ip Man 3 would be another Bruceploitation flick.

And are they going to put makeup over Tyson's facial tattoo? I hope so because it would make no sense in that time period.

You know what I didn't even think of that. That is a good point. I didn't see any still from the film to know.

The last I heard about the CGI Bruce Lee is that his daughter was trying to stop Robert Lee using the likeness in the film. Has this case been resolved yet?.

Guest Anonymous

Honestly, how long did Bruce Lee even train with Ip Man? I heard it was probably a few weeks from that old documentary where Bruce learned all the Wing Chung basics and mastered them so fast, and that was the end of Ip Man's cha cha lessons.

I think Bruce was not a hardcore, serious, dedicated student of wing chung. He just took what he learned and liked and developed it for JKD. I dont think he stuck around long. Its just a way to get attention for a movie to us bruce lee's likeness.

It was the Japanese in the first movie, British people in the second movie, and now the antagonist is an African-American. C'mon. There are evil dudes in China too.

Just kidding...I'm fine with Mike Tyson fighting Ip Man as long as it's a good movie. But CGI Bruce Lee? We'll see how that turns out.

If it looks like this, I'm down (change that voice though):

The last I heard about the CGI Bruce Lee is that his daughter was trying to stop Robert Lee using the likeness in the film. Has this case been resolved yet?.

It appears not. They are wrapped up with shooting from what it says in the reports online. I will double check though.

It was the Japanese in the first movie, British people in the second movie, and now the antagonist is an African-American. C'mon. There are evil dudes in China too.

Just kidding...I'm fine with Mike Tyson fighting Ip Man as long as it's a good movie. But CGI Bruce Lee? We'll see how that turns out.

If it looks like this, I'm down (change that voice though):

Don't forget the Russians they are evil too!! They were a part of the Once upon a Time in China Series with the other western groups you talked about.

It appears not. They are wrapped up with shooting from what it says in the reports online. I will double check though.

Thanks Hei, I haven't been keeping track of the film but recall hearing about the tensions regarding Lee's image.

Thanks Hei, I haven't been keeping track of the film but recall hearing about the tensions regarding Lee's image.

It doesn't look good for the project to go forward but I think the principal shooting is done.

Here is info about the lawsuit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bruce-lees-estate-seeks-stop-785719

I hope that they are successful in blocking the attempt. I think that it is disrespectful without permission and just another Bruceploitation film.

L6IXkT1.jpg

I wonder if Iron Mike isn't a replacement of sorts for the recently deceased Darren Shahlavi who played Twister in Ip Man 2. Still waiting to see how they are going to work Iron Mike into the story. Also, the Ip Man story should not be the BL story since that has been done to death. Though, to be honest, this is not really Ip`s real story either. Sprinkle a little bit of truth in a whole bunch of BS and sell us some tickets. Yeah, I will still watch it though. I have liked the other movies pretty well. Pretty sad when someone`s own brother has no say-so in how that person is being portrayed. The Lee Estate has that noose on pretty tight. Linda was just one of many and Shannon probably has no idea about her dad anyways. At least Robert was a part of Bruce`s life. But, I understand the situation. Nobody gonna mess with the meal ticket unless they say so.

Only in China would a martial artist apologize for breaking a boxer's finger!!! Especially Mike Tyson's finger!! :rofl:rofl Donnie is lucky he didn't get his ear bitten off!! :rofl

This is not the first vi of the event where Tyson is wining about how everyone was worried about him hurting yen and no one cared when he got hurt!!! Put on you big boy panties Mike!! :rofl

This is a great fan created animation of Bruce Lee and Donnie Yen fighting (starts after the Cyborg like creatures!). I am hoping that the CGI footage if allowed of Bruce Lee will be good. The Bruce Lee vs Donnie Yen fight starts at 1:00

Here is a little Clip where a student Guro Dan Inosanto a student of Bruce Lee talks about Bruce Lee and his relationship with Yip Man. It is interesting that he says that sometimes Yip man did not want to be seen training Bruce because he was only half Chinese. He traces the lineage from Wing Chun to Jeet Kune Do

Here is another clip describing the announcement of Tyson in the film..but no mention of Bruce Lee

I'm just going to have faith in donnie that he knows what he's doing putting tyson in this film.As a reminder,We can't expect the movie to be but so accurate to Yip Man's life.Look at Dragon the bruce lee story and you'll see what I mean.That was Bruce's life from Linda Lee's perspective only.Yip Man is purely for entertainment reasons.

I'm just going to have faith in donnie that he knows what he's doing putting tyson in this film.As a reminder,We can't expect the movie to be but so accurate to Yip Man's life.Look at Dragon the bruce lee story and you'll see what I mean.That was Bruce's life from Linda Lee's perspective only.Yip Man is purely for entertainment reasons.

Not really "only". Hollywood had their way with that story too. If you read the book(s) she wrote, it certainly is not Dragon The Bruce Lee Story exactly. Linda probably went with it for several reasons. But, yeah, none of these kinds of movies are really going to focus on the person. That might be too boring. haha. Got to keep the kung fu masters fighting 24-7 or else people might loose any interest. Me, I would rather have a really good, truthful bio-pic. But, I have enjoyed both the Ip Man movies and Dragon. But, I am enjoying them for what they are and not how truthful they are. Sadly though, most people just watch those kinds of movies and probably think that most of it is true. It was a lot of fun back in the day arguing about how Bruce really hurt his back. 

Archived