Uncut version of School On Fire screens in Philadephia next week

DiP

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy shit!! how did this spring up in Philadelphia of all places? Is this from a film reel or a taiwanese vcd or something?

The cut up School on Fire was harrowing enough... and that's without the alleged rape scene that was cut out. I can only imagine how emotional taxing of an experience watching this full version will be.

Now it's just time to find the original version of Eastern Condors.

I just found out that the print that will be shown is actually a "composite version" put together by the presenter himself. He probably inserted the deleted footage from the VHS release into the Joy Sales print or something. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

its great that its finally being seen. plus with better subtitles too. The downside: this is a collector's item and will probably never see the light of day.

Guest Markgway
I just found out that the print that will be shown is actually a "composite version" put together by the presenter himself. He probably inserted the deleted footage from the VHS release into the Joy Sales print or something. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

Is that legal?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Is that legal?

Shhhhhhh! :neutral: Shut your filthy whore hole! Nothing to read here people... Just keep moving along. Um, please just go about your business of screening the no-doubt totally legally legitimate uncut version of the film sir. Pay no attention to the Markgway behind the curtain. :xd:

LOL :tongue:

I'm hoping to go see this. It's only about a half hour drive away. I'm down to one crutch, so I think it might be worth limping in to see this. :nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

The perfect plan: Pick up my son from school, catch the twilight (cheap) screening of THE RAID (it was awesome!!!! :smile:), grab a late lunch/early dinner, and head into Philly to see SCHOOL ON FIRE. Sadly, my truck (which was just repaired :neutral:) started acting funny (and not in a ha ha kind of way), so I couldn't risk driving to the city and breaking down. So we missed SCHOOL ON FIRE's special, uncut version screening! :squigglemouth:

This situation really sucked. I was very excited to see this version, and my son hasn't ever seen the film, so it was disappointing. But it would have been way more of a bummer if we weren't coming out of seeing THE RAID. :wink:

I'm going to contact these guys and see if there's any chance of a DVD release. I'll report back if I found out anything.

Archived