Death Fighter (aka White Tiger) (2012)

AlbertV

This upcoming martial arts movie currently in production has been mentioned, but this is an official thread.

WHITE TIGER

It's the return of Don "The Dragon" Wilson and Cynthia Rothrock on-screen together for the first time in 8 years!!! They are co-starring with XMA champion and action film and TV actor Matt Mullins. Rothrock is playing a villain in the film while Wilson and Mullins will play the heroes. Also in the film is martial arts legend Joe Lewis.

In charge of the fight choreography and co-starring is Kazu Patrick Tang, from RAGING PHOENIX and BKO: BANGKOK KNOCKOUT.

Wilson and Rothrock are going to face off against each other in the film.

The film has just wrapped and is now in post-production!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Wow! That's a lot of talent. Hope it actually gets used. CR as a villain? Should be pretty cool.

I'm hoping to see MM and KPT go at it. That would be splendid!

thedirtytiger

I worked on the movie. Kazu is not in the movie, he choreographed the action and directed some parts as second / third unit. Cynthia is still great, Don is great, Joe Lewis was acting more than fighting but he was excellent ! Matt Mullins best fight will be against Jawed El Berni, I didn't see much as I was working the other unit, but their fight was mental !!! So fast and so brutal ! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer if I can.

ShaOW!linDude

Well, so much for my wish of see Kazu and Mullins throwdown. But I am intrigued by your comment about MM's fight with JEB. I appreciate any details you can relate. That's pretty cool that an actual forum member is on set.

Um....any photos?:nerd:

I worked on the movie. Kazu is not in the movie, he choreographed the action and directed some parts as second / third unit. Cynthia is still good but was a bit underused. Matt Mullins best fight will be against Jawed El Berni, I didn't see much as I was working the other unit, but their fight was mental !!! So fast and so brutal ! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer if I can.

Thanks for the comment on the article page. I did make the necessary changes and it must have beeen awesome working on the set of the movie.

thedirtytiger

Yes, I personally took over 3600 photos, some good some crap, and have around 700 film clips of behind the scenes, but it's private for now, sorry. There have been about 600 photos from other people on FB but mostly just people posing for the camera. There is a lot of fighting in the movie and some gunplay, some weapons, a cave, a hideout, a truck, a warehouse, all the usual action movie goodies except the bar is not sleazy ;) The Matt / Jawed fight is going to be amazing if the editing is good. Incidentally Jawed has just signed a deal to be the lead in a new movie, so look out for him in the future, he has a martial arts and parkour background and my god he is good, he is going to be on all your radars real soon ;)

Here is a page on FB about White Tiger, no official website yet.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/White-Tiger/309172412461863?ref=ts

ShaOW!linDude

Thanks for the link, dude.

Man, he's impressive. With MM's XMA background, this should make for a good screen fight. Hopefully JEB gets to showcase a good bit more in the film, too, eh?

The entry for this movie at imdb has been removed, why ?

There had been legal issues between the U.S. producers and the Thai producers involving the film. However, earlier this year, Karen Kaeng, one of the U.S. producers announced that they are now able to release the film. This was mentioned in an entry in Don "The Dragon" Wilson's Facebook page, hench the trailer that kingofkungfu2002 had just put up.

So later this year, we will finally get a chance to see WHITE TIGER. Looking forward to this, Joe Lewis's final film and the choreography by Patrick Kazu Tang. Plus if they have the Matt/Jawed fight, I will be completely stoked because after seeing Jawed in NINJA 2, this will be the icing on the cake.

Given the track record of the stars the trailer looks surprisingly good and way better than the their last movies like SOFT TARGET, SCI-FIGHTER or REDEMPTION. Looking forward to this one.

One Armed Boxer
To this day, I've still never seen a Rothrock movie

Start with 'The Magic Crystal', goofy plot, but Rothrock's never looked better.

Off subject but "Toryk" what's the movie of the clip in your aviator signature

That would be Wheels on Meals, a Three Brothers classic.

That would be Wheels on Meals, a Three Brothers classic.

Thanks brotha.. I will be looking that up tonight

One Armed Boxer
Guys... thanks for breaking the trailer!

10313602_714521491926951_5122696550747266663_n.jpg

Poor Cynthia Rothrock, receiving top billing but pushed off the cover in favour of a Thai TV actress....:tongue:

Archived