Wu Dang (2012)

Youal

6inuhDFDD9I

Director: Patrick Leung (Twin Effects 2)

Cast: Vincent Zhao, Dennis To, Louis Fan, Mini Yang, Xu Jiao

Action Choreographer: Corey Yuen

In early Republican China, rumors were going around about the treasure in Wudang Mountain. An American conspirator took his well-trained kung fu daughter to Wudang by sponsoring a Taoist martial arts competition, to steal the treasure. Out of expectation, a disciple represented Wudang to compete with other martial arts masters for the championship. During the competition, resentment incurred against different parties, the relationship became complicated, a Korean female Tai Chi descendant fell in love with the American conspirator and the secret of the treasure had been revealed. The treasure is the key of the magnetic field of Wudang, if it’s stolen, Wudang would be devastated. To protect Wudang, a group of young heroes rallied around to defeat grant masters. It’s the time the long-lost Wudang martial arts returned…

Performed by 3 strongest kungfu actors, WU DANG is the first movie that captures the treasure of Wu Dang Kung Fu and the magic power of Ying Yang.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yuen Kwei, wires. Yawn. Action looks as insignificant as Shaolin. I expect the same. Nothing. Waste of these 3.

Really plain-looking action, actually inferior to Shaolin.

Too bad what Zhao has to go through with all controversy surrounding Donnie's film. Even in a supporting role under Donnie's choreography, I think he would've made a greater impression than everything that trailer shows. Wires and flashy movements are a declining breed.

WOW!!! That looks amazing.....not!!! Shame someone with the skills of Dennis To is wasting his time in crud like that. Makes the action in Shaolin look awesome

ShaOW!linDude

This is a 2012 film? Really? This movie looks about 15 yrs old, like it's from the early 90's. Another wire fu crapfest.

Pass.

kingofkungfu2002
yuen kwai needs a slap for that wirework

And a slap that doesn't involve the use of wires :tongue:

"This is a 2012 film? Really? This movie looks about 15 yrs old, like it's from the early 90's."

That's the first thing that went through my mind. Looks like Dr Wai or something. Instead of a martial picture, it looks like YK action style. The sob is even using stinking no shadow kicks! Come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3blIIr4kQB8

Tony Leung or Tung Wei would have lit this up, even with wire use.

Drunken Monk

The trailer had more wire work in it than the entire run time of "Iron Monkey" and "Fong Sai Yuk" put together.

And is the choreography in "Shaolin" generally disliked? I actually enjoyed it and found it very exciting.

I love the fact that the trailer is bootlegged from the theater.

Film itself doesn't look groundbreaking in any way, and did they try and imitate the bullet-time film technique when that guy is somersaulting in the puddle? come on now...

This is a 2012 film? Really? This movie looks about 15 yrs old, like it's from the early 90's. Another wire fu crapfest.Pass.

@ShaOW!linDude: I have to agree with you a 100% come on this movie it looks like a throwback to the Saturday Afternoon Drive-in Kung Fu Theatre that use to be on Channel 5! Please I mean are you serious and to be honest it might be a good movie but just from the trailer there is way too much wire-fu! Not looking forward to this movie!

The title should read: Wu! Dang! This is awful!

@ShaOW!linDude:

True Story! What a waste on Vincent Zhao I honestly thought he was on a mission to making a big comeback!

Drunken Monk

Oh Jesus, it still looks as bad as it originally did. How many time are we going to see that move where someone floats up horizontally and kicks out with the bottom leg?

A rule for kung fu cinema should be that Corey Yuen isn't allowed to work with wires. This just looks absurd and awful and...that music...

Sigh... Still griefing over the fact that he dropped out of Special Identity. This will only make his career choices look even worse.

just watched this, i kind of knew it was going to be bad but not this bad, this film has worst fights than even his hollywood efforts. the girls in this are hopeless and weak and they get the most fights, vincent looks bored fan siu wong is wasted as usual and he has only 1 fight which is bad, most of the fights are in slow mo every move is wire assisted and floaty even a a flying box was on a wire :wink: and dennis to doesnt really do anything outstanding what a waste of film the worst i have seen in ages... got more pleasure watching dragon eyes and i am not even being sarcastic either.

Well, Jimmy's boys are just about done. When Yuens Tak and Kwei get together, good things don't happen. Sammo is toast to me. Yuen Bun? Dragon Gate Inn? Jack looks to never lack a creative eye as can be seen in OC3 and his parts of Shaolin.

2 Yuens stink up Wu Dang as was expected. Next up for the nose pinch fest via those 2 Yuens, MwtIF.

just watched this, i kind of knew it was going to be bad but not this bad, this film has worst fights than even his hollywood efforts. the girls in this are hopeless and weak and they get the most fights, vincent looks bored fan siu wong is wasted as usual and he has only 1 fight which is bad, most of the fights are in slow mo every move is wire assisted and floaty even a a flying box was on a wire :wink: and dennis to doesnt really do anything outstanding what a waste of film the worst i have seen in ages... got more pleasure watching dragon eyes and i am not even being sarcastic either.

ok i will skip it, save money for sth else

Patrick Leung and Corey Yuen are pretty much tagged as "crap" these days so it wasn't hard to predict the bad stuff that was to come.

Archived