Winners & Sinners versions

JCLegend86

Im having the HKL version for the uncut status (young turks part) and extras and a scandinavian DVD for the original english dub. Is there a version that have both the uncut status and original english dub? How about the Fox DVD?

Killer Meteor
Im having the HKL version for the uncut status (young turks part) and extras and a scandinavian DVD for the original english dub. Is there a version that have both the uncut status and original english dub? How about the Fox DVD?

The Fox dvd only has a new dub. The original dub was made for a shorter version of the movie.

Guest Markgway

The only difference between the export and original cuts is the "Young Turks" sequence. The original dub could easily be adapted to fit the full version. Creating a new dub was a total waste of time.

The only difference between the export and original cuts is the "Young Turks" sequence. The original dub could easily be adapted to fit the full version. Creating a new dub was a total waste of time.

Thats what I was thinking. I guess im stuck with two versions then. I wish there was a perfect release for all the Jackie classics, so much cut/uncut statuses, different dubs, scores.. Annoying!

sifu iron perm
Thats what I was thinking. I guess im stuck with two versions then. I wish there was a perfect release for all the Jackie classics, so much cut/uncut statuses, different dubs, scores.. Annoying!

damn right, it's expensive being a collector/fan.

damn right, it's expensive being a collector/fan.

That is 100% correct. I remember back in the day when all of these movies were released on VHS and later on dvd. First came the boots. Then here in the U.S., the legit release from Tai Seng on VHS. Then the dvd release from Tai Seng. And what sucked was that a lot of these movies were not the same "cut". So, I learnt pretty quickly that I just could`t replace the VHS with DVD. Many times the VHS release was longer or different edit of the film. Then came the Fox re-releases of some of these films. Of course, there are the HKL and the new re-releases. There are the Shaws releases. That is a whole other fiasco. Now we have blu ray releases.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
That is 100% correct. I remember back in the day when all of these movies were released on VHS and later on dvd. First came the boots. Then here in the U.S., the legit release from Tai Seng on VHS. Then the dvd release from Tai Seng. And what sucked was that a lot of these movies were not the same "cut". So, I learnt pretty quickly that I just could`t replace the VHS with DVD. Many times the VHS release was longer or different edit of the film.

Yeah, I'll never forget when I discovered this. I gave away my MILLIONAIRE'S EXPRESS VHS after picking up the DVD, only to later discover many differences in the two prints! I borrowed back the VHS from my friend and copied it so that I'd have both versions. Crazy!