Dragon Dynasty Boxed Set 2?!

waywardsage

waywardsage

Have we talked about this new set being released on Tuesday?

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Dynasty-Collection-Volume-Sheng-Fu/dp/B006JD48GY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT11?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2CLEYJJTXCEG7&colid=5GL42G2AJLBJ

I can't wait to pick it up. The first volume was $20 when it was released. For some reason, this has jumped in price.

Does anyone else already have these releases? Are they worth picking up?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omni Dragon

Well THE AVENGING EAGLE is a great film but the DD original release was cut & I doubt this will be uncut.

The Silver Fox

I have all of the except Blood Brothers as I have the IVL version of that. Definitely worth picking up.

ShaOW!linDude

The only one of those 4 movies I've seen is this one:

KILLER CLANS --- not impressed; awful action. Good grief, what a boring movie!

Maybe the other 3 make it worth the investment.

Well THE AVENGING EAGLE is a great film but the DD original release was cut & I doubt this will be uncut.

Yeah, I'm sure they will just use the same discs as the previous releases.

I have all four of them, and like them all, but Avenging Eagle, and Golden Swallow are the best of the four, IMO. Even with cuts The Avenging Eagle is great.

what was cut from the DD release?

The Amazing Psycho Per
what was cut from the DD release?

There is like a minute missing in the end fight in both DD and IVL's release, or from what it appears, anything that will be released from Celestial Pictures remastered print.

The movie itself is missing around a minute of action at the end. But, Dragon Dynasty did not do the cutting. All current releases of this movie are missing that bit. The section was either edited out due to film damage or censorship. Either way, you would either need to find a fan edit of the film or the old Ground Zero dvd release.

It's too bad that bit was cut because it was one of Sun Chung's coolest action edits---as I recall, it was Ti Lung leaping in super, super slo-mo with his three-sectional staff, and just at the moment he makes contact with Ku Feng's iron claws the film goes back to regular speed. Very cool looking.

You can't say that the more uncut version is Ground Zero very often. That does suck but I've seen the IVL release and its a great movie, havent seen the others yet.

I've noticed the price on a lot of crazy fluxuations in pricing on Amazon lately. It should be easy enough to find in ebay for around $20.

waywardsage
You can't say that the more uncut version is Ground Zero very often. That does suck but I've seen the IVL release and its a great movie, havent seen the others yet.

I've noticed the price on a lot of crazy fluxuations in pricing on Amazon lately. It should be easy enough to find in ebay for around $20.

Yeah, the vol. 1 boxed set was $20. Now the vol. two has shot up to $30!

DrunkenMantis13

Could anyone tell me about the packaging for this set and the other 4 dvd DD set?

All 4 in their own separate original cases slapped together or a lousy 1 keepcase jamming the 4 discs in it?

Thanks a whole lot in advance for the information!

I have volume one and its 4 dics each in their own slimline case, all 4 cases fit in a box. I like the slim cases in the box, takes up a lot less room.

Yeah, the vol. 1 boxed set was $20. Now the vol. two has shot up to $30!

for anyone that didn't notice volume 2 is also being released as two sets of two movies as well as the four pack. The double bills are being released on 24 April and are currently only eight dollars apiece on Amazon US, That is $16 for 4 Shaw Bros movies:bigsmile:

for anyone that didn't notice volume 2 is also being released as two sets of two movies as well as the four pack. The double bills are being released on 24 April and are currently only eight dollars apiece on Amazon US, That is $16 for 4 Shaw Bros movies:bigsmile:

Yep those 2 packs are the best deal. I got one from Best Buy and it's already on the way!

I just received my 4 pack in the mail.. Was only $13(free shipping), so you could just go with that. If you would prefer to have the two packs, walmart has each for $5, but without the free shipping best buy offers.

See what happens if you just wait a month? Lol.

Of course, there is a flipside to waiting..and that is when something goes out of print, which these movies often do.. I slept on buying prodigal son for $6 about 2 years ago, searched for it the other day, $50 new.

tokenganjaclan
I just received my 4 pack in the mail.. Was only $13(free shipping), so you could just go with that. If you would prefer to have the two packs, walmart has each for $5, but without the free shipping best buy offers.

Of course, there is a flipside to waiting..and that is when something goes out of print, which these movies often do.. I slept on buying prodigal son for $6 about 2 years ago, searched for it the other day, $50 new.

Wow nice to know, P. Son is now $63 new on Amazon...I have all those Fox titles..I snagged them all when Circuit City went under, Hum I need extra cash..LOL

Wow nice to know, P. Son is now $63 new on Amazon...I have all those Fox titles..I snagged them all when Circuit City went under, Hum I need extra cash..LOL

Any chance you picked up doubles of any? haha

waywardsage

Damn it! I picked mine up at Fry's for $20 and thought I got a deal! I got hosed!

treat yourself to a multi-region DVD player and then you can get the Hong Kong Legends region two release which is currently on Amazon UK for about £5 plus shipping to the states. If you didn't already know Cine Asia have steadily been rereleasing lots of the Hong Kong Legends back catalogue and it's a great time to pick up those DVDs missed first time round.:wink:

treat yourself to a multi-region DVD player and then you can get the Hong Kong Legends region two release which is currently on Amazon UK for about £5 plus shipping to the states. If you didn't already know Cine Asia have steadily been rereleasing lots of the Hong Kong Legends back catalogue and it's a great time to pick up those DVDs missed first time round.:wink:

Maybe I finally need to invest in one. Almost seems like it might not be worth it when I have hunted for around 70 R1 titles, haha. But then again, just by buying the magnificent butcher and prodigal son in R2 instead of R1, I would have made the money I would spend on the dvd player back.

Thanks for the suggestion.

QueMuchita

Does anybody know if these 4 movies or the 4 movies in the first 4 pack that was released have commentary or other special features?

Of course they don't! Bare bones all. Don't expect anything more than an English dub from these or any future releases (wouldn't even bet on any future releases, though...:sad:)

QueMuchita

Just as I suspected, thanks for that.

EDIT: I also wanted to ask if this 4 pack is 4 separate cases or is it 4 DVDs inside the 1 case?

Archived