Trailer for Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows"

daisho2004

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never watched any of the original TV series, think I'm going to have to check out a couple episodes if only so I'll be able to contrast the show with this movie.

daisho2004

OK I seen this yesterday, and I think Tim Burton & Johny Depp did an excellent job with this movie. I really don't remember the original series all that well, I seen some of the episodes and I did get to see the Dark Shadows revival series. But to be honest this is really a DVD movie. So I wouldn't rush out to see it in the movies. I'd save your money and pick it up on DVD.

massa_yoda

Yeah, this was alright...there was some cool stuff here and there. It looked like they were going for kind of a low budget, soap opera type atmosphere in the opening which was no doubt a nod to the old show (which I have no knowledge of). The thing about movies that want to be both dramatic and funny is that it's hard to pull off well. I need to think about this one more...

I am a big fan the original show, so I doubt I am going to like this take on Dark Shadows.

QueMuchita

I went and saw this the other night, nothing spectacular but pretty good. Definitely worth checking out on DVD

Archived