Top 100 films of the 1980s

DiP

Maybe I missed how this worked, but how did a film from 2002 get the top spot in a list of films from the 1980s?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Tears Go By... the only WKW movie I can sit through without being distracted by the lint in my navel or dozing off!

hehehehehe!

Guess Chung King express and Fallen Angels didn't make your Wong Kar Wai cut!

:smile:

Guest Markgway

No complaints. All five are true classics.

Interesting to note that both The Killer (which should have been #1) and Peking Opera Blues received many more 1st place votes than A Better Tomorrow.

Guest Markgway
Maybe I missed how this worked, but how did a film from 2002 get the top spot in a list of films from the 1980s?

Keep reading........... it's a joke.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Hmmm... not a big fan of Peking Opera Blues.... or Chinese Ghost Story for that matter.

I would have switched The Killer and Hard Boiled, but ABT deserves the top spot, no doubt!

TibetanWhiteCrane

And I would still put The Last Blood in my top 10.... come on..... that is one insano mish mash of action entertainment right there!!!!:bigsmile:

Seen 54 of those... not bad for a J-geek who knows jack shit about topics not high school girl :tongue:

But I mean what the hell, why is Game of Death 2 not there?? Bastards!

On a (even more) serious note, Men From the Gutter really should be there! Damn good film.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just realised that Last Blood is a 90's movie.... ooops:nerd:

Would like to have seen The Coolie Killer, Hero Of Tomorrow, Angel, Law With Two Phases and Dragon Family on there.... but I understand that they can't include everything.

And what about Ninja Terminator???

Guest Markgway
Just realised that Last Blood is a 90's movie.... ooops:nerd:

I didn't even pick up on that. It was made in 1990 so your mistake is forgiveable.

Guest Markgway
Hmmm... maybe I missed it somewhere, but shouldn't Sammo Hung's Painted Faces be on the list!?

Nah. It's not all that.

masterofoneinchpunch
Hmmm... maybe I missed it somewhere, but shouldn't Sammo Hung's Painted Faces be on the list!?

It is at #82.

A fictionalized but still very based on reality drama about the “Seven Little Fortunes” - Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, Corey Yuen Kwai, Yuen Wah, Yuen Tak and Yuen Mo - and their childhood as indentured students at a Peking Opera School. Sammo Hung won a Best Actor Hong Kong Film Award for his portrayal of the school head. Sadly unavailable on DVD.

Guest Yi-Long
It is at #82.

Thanks, I must have missed it. I was really impressed by Sammo's screen-presence and liked the story...

masterofoneinchpunch
Thanks, I must have missed it. I was really impressed by Sammo's screen-presence and liked the story...

I wish it was easier to get a hold of. I want to contrast the childhood scenes with that film and the first part of Farewell my Concubine.

Archived