UNLUCKY STARS - Martial Arts Comedy Film Homage to Classic 80s Hong Kong!

spidermexican

spidermexican

Dennis Ruel (of The Stunt People) has been working on his debut feature film that he wrote and directed, with co-star Ken Quitugua (of Zero Gravity) and in collaboration with fight choreographer Vlad Rimburg. Entitled "Unlucky Stars", we've launched and setup an indiegogo campaign, as well as a teaser trailer for your viewing. Please, if you have the time and love the genre, spread the word out, support as much as you can in your own way, and always remember that this couldn't have happened without each and every one of you! This is why we love to do what we do!

View it here:

oD6daW1m28o

INDIEGOGO: http://beta.indiegogo.com/UNLUCKY-STARS

spidermexican

thanks everyone! again, if you enjoy what you see, word of mouth goes a long way, and please feel free to distribute either the teaser trailer or the indiegogo campaign video! Even a dollar donation goes a long way, but I thank you all for watching and supporting! :)

Visit the website and LIKE the facebook page too!

WEBSITE

FACEBOOK

TEASER

oD6daW1m28o

CAMPAIGN VIDEO

OV0T3CA3iYE

One Armed Boxer

I just made a contribution to this based on the quality of the trailer...and will use this post to also serve as a bump to this thread.

I think this project is flying under everyone's radar, and it's a shame because I think it could probably get an equal amount of attention as the Stunt Peoples new movie 'Death Grip'. Especially considering it's starring and being directed by Dennis Ruel, who's a frequent collaborator with the Stunt People and is the guy who Eric Jacobus fights against in the finale of 'Contour', this and 'Death Grip' would probably make an amazing double bill!

spidermexican

Thank you so much! It really means a lot, and even more so that we need fans and genre appreciators alike to help us push the word out on the film. We only have 10 days left before funding ends, but what is more important is that we get the word out!

Please continue to support and share! :)

spidermexican

Thanks again to everyone who has shared, donated, and pre-ordered the film! We had a whopping success with the fundraising campaign, and are looking forward to completing it this summer. I'll definitely keep people updated, and there will be more to come soon! :)

If you'd like to continue building hype, please feel free to share the teaser trailer with your favorite blogs, people, or news sites and show the community you support quality martial arts action films! Thank you! :D

oD6daW1m28o

Jibbajabbawocky

Nice! I'm really impressed by The Stunt People from everything I've seen on KFC. If I can find a copy of this I'll certainly pick it up.

spidermexican

Hey everyone! Just updating the status on Unlucky Stars the movie! We have released our second teaser, and this is all in thanks to everyone donating and promoting the film back during our indiegogo fundraising! I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone in this forum and for those who have generously donated and spread the word. Watch the teaser, continue to do the awesome word of mouth that you all do, and thank you again!

TEASER 2:

OQWSVsbGpsg

LIKE us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/unluckystarsthemovie

Check out our SITE: http://www.unluckystarsthemovie.com

If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to contact us via Facebook! Thank you!!

Yeah, the action looks great. I wasn't overly enthused by the first trailer as it seemed to lean towards the humour a little too much, but this looks pretty great.

spidermexican

Thanks so much everyone! Like us on Facebook to stay updated with news! There is definitely more action we haven't shown, so the best is yet to come! :)

I was searching yesterday and stumbled upon Dennis Ruel's website and it had a release date for American Brawler for June and I'm sure this was supposed to come out in July. So perhaps it may come in the next month now that American brawler has been released? Regardless I am surprised they haven't tried to the anticipation going.

thanks everyone! again, if you enjoy what you see, word of mouth goes a long way, and please feel free to distribute either the teaser trailer or the indiegogo campaign video! Even a dollar donation goes a long way, but I thank you all for watching and supporting! :)

Visit the website and LIKE the facebook page too!

WEBSITE

FACEBOOK

TEASER

oD6daW1m28o

CAMPAIGN VIDEO

OV0T3CA3iYE

Does anybody know the latest on this movie? Maybe if Mr Jacobus happens to come on to the forum he could give Dennis Ruel a call to find out.:wink: