Bruce Lee: In Pursuit of the Dragon

sdog2006

Yawn!:neutral:

The only version of The Big Boss I watch is the English one so the Fortune Star and Joy Sales are no use to me. The Mandarin/ Cantonese versions are pish.

I didn't purchase the HKL Platinum because it shouldn't have been released in the first place. Moneymaking exercise and I wasn't interested. Did you get your free ice pick and Bruce Lee calendar with that?:xd:

I hate the bloody added sound effects! Gimme the original English mono dubs anytime!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun
Yawn!:neutral:

The only version of The Big Boss I watch is the English one so the Fortune Star and Joy Sales are no use to me. The Mandarin/ Cantonese versions are pish.

I didn't purchase the HKL Platinum because it shouldn't have been released in the first place. Moneymaking exercise and I wasn't interested. Did you get your free ice pick and Bruce Lee calendar with that?:xd:

Without meaning to sound rude, you're totally clueless when it comes to this subject it seems. And totally missing the point. It has nothing to do with what's on the discs as far bonus features go. Every dvd release of the film has differences, and that's what matters.

The HKL platinum edition has a much better print than the crappy one you're watching.

It's progressive scan, made from an HD master. It's got vivid colours and it's sharp. It's not perfect, but compared to the one you're settling for it is. This is about being a fan of the movie and a dvd enthusiast. It's not purely about getting something new on Bruce, which is the way you're making it seem. And you're right, there shouldn't have been 2 releases of The Big Boss from HKL, but since the first one was so poor, they had to re-release it with the better print and extras.

You haven't even got the dvds yet you're saying they're not good. And the Fox Fortune Star dvd has the original english dub too , FYI.

Without meaning to sound rude, you're totally clueless when it comes to this subject it seems. And totally missing the point. It has nothing to do with what's on the discs as far bonus features go. Every dvd release of the film has differences, and that's what matters.

"Well, he's a new here!"

The HKL platinum edition has a much better print than the crappy one you're watching.

It's progressive scan, made from an HD master. It's got vivid colours and it's sharp. It's not perfect, but compared to the one you're settling for it is. This is about being a fan of the movie and a dvd enthusiast. It's not purely about getting something new on Bruce, which is the way you're making it seem. And you're right, there shouldn't have been 2 releases of The Big Boss from HKL, but since the first one was so poor, they had to re-release it with the better print and extras.

You haven't even got the dvds yet you're saying they're not good. And the Fox Fortune Star dvd has the original english dub too , FYI.

Awe FFS are you still coming back for more? :ooh:

Look

I understand your pitiful bullsh*t just fine. You want to continuously upgrade on a movie that was made 40+ years ago for pennies. By the time your done The Big Boss will look like Inception and you'll be shooting in your pants.

Here is where our paths diverge and this is your last free lesson.

I own two versions of The Big Boss. HKL Single Disc Edition, released over ten years ago, which probably cost me twenty sheets AND more recently I downloaded the Kam and Ronson print and flipped it on to my media hub. Although the quality is nice, it's the piss poor Cantonese version, where someone saw fit to lace it with Pink Floyd and supersonic Bruce Lee screams. Simply put - garbage!

I don't give two shits if you own versions where the color is different? Are you f*cking kidding me? We're talking about a film that I was happy to watch, chopped to shit, with editing scores all over it, thirty years ago. It's The Big Boss, not Avatar in 3D FFS.

The fact that you are supporting HKL and the Platinum re-release is evidence of just how thick you really are. Oh, and I'm not being rude either! Here is the truth on the Platinums. GOD came out and was a literal masterpiece at the time. WOTD came out and it was stuffed with junk. Pat Johnson? WTF! I bought Fist of Fury for the Nora Miao interview and even then I got it for a fiver.

The Big Boss was the last f*ckin straw. Paul Heller? Fred Weintraub? Tom Kuhn? Away and take your face for a sh*t. Oh, sorry, am I missing the point? Can you see the moon better reflected on Tony Lui's face because the picture is that good? Oh, hold on until I log into play.com. NO CHANCE! I've seen it - I don't need it!

MONEY MAKING EXERCISE!

Oh and by the way smart ass. In a previous post you mention FORTUNE STAR not FOX FORTUNE STAR, so don't back track.

Now let's have a close look at the stats for a FORTUNE STAR print of The Big Boss.

Fortune Star – Bruce Lee Ultimate DVD Collection (Hong Kong)

Released: April 29, 2004

Aspect ratio: Widescreen (2:35:1) anamorphic

Sound: Cantonese (DTS 5.1), Cantonese (Dolby Digital 5.1), Cantonese (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Mandarin (DTS 5.1), Mandarin (Dolby Digital 5.1)

Subtitles: Traditional, Simplified Chinese, English

Supplements: Original trailer, new trailer, still photos, slideshow of photos, celebrity interviews, unseen footage, Game of Death outtakes, Enter the Dragon alternate opening, 32-page booklet

Region 3, NTSC

Do you see an English version on this, hotshot?

Please stop it because quite frankly you're easy work AND did you pay this fella (mpm74) to call me a a newie (hahahaha cringe forum chat)? lol I was on the scene almost twenty years before the internet became available and several years before either of you were a glint in your father's eye.

SCHOOLED

PS - Word is that a 3D interactive version of Fury of the Dragon, where you can play The Green Hornet will be released in 2029. You better start saving your pennies.

GO AND GET LAID!

And one last thing....don't watch the single disc HKL Big Boss! :squigglemouth: It's rubbish quality. Really bad picture quality compared to the Fortune Star Joy Sales or HKL platinum prints.

Oooooooops!

Son Of A Gun

The reason I came back is because I noticed you're still talking rubbish and didn't take in anything that we've taught you. You seem to think you know it all. Again, not meaning to be rude, but you're totally ignorant. Myself and David and Greenbamboo were trying to educate you but you don't want to listen. I can't do any more. :neutral:

Plus, you have anger issues. :squigglemouth: Angry at life?

And again you didn't read what I said properly. I said the "Fox" fortune star dvd has the original english dub, not Joy Sales. If you knew as much as you think you do, you'd know this. It's the same as the Joy Sales dvd pretty much, but it's region 1.

I don't like the cantonese dub either, but why did you bring that up?! 'lol What's that got to do with anything? Mandarin mono is the original soundtrack that was released in 1971 and that's the one that matters. Ignore the cantonese. The Fox dvd has the original mandarin mono track, albeit it goes out of sync. :xd:

And yes, you're being rude because you're very angry at something. I'm not sure what.

Maybe I can help. :wink:

I was on the scene almost twenty years before the internet became available

So was I. What's your point?

Son Of A Gun
"Well, he's a new here!"

:xd:

"It's that stupid clown. He made a mess here! (in this thread)"

Sdog doesn't know who you are, it seems.

Read that shit back to yourself :ooh:

You’re widely known as a pass remarkable fool and all I have done is mirror your attitude, so save your tears.

I didn’t read what you said properly regarding Fortune Star? I quoted you FFS! At least challenge me here?

I’m bringing up the Cantonese Blu Ray because in your words, every version is “different” and “that’s what counts” right? I mentioned it because the picture quality, a USP which you are an expert on apparently, is excellent BUT I’m still happy with the HKL Single Disc Edition, regardless of quality.

I'm sorry if the relevence of that is lost on you.

Anyway, I would be angry if I looked as stupid as you have for this threads entirety. You’re so weak that you are virtually begging for assistance from other people.

How can you help me? Send me a two hour print of The Big Boss if you find it in your fragile little lifetime!

Son Of A Gun
Read that shit back to yourself :ooh:

You’re widely known as a pass remarkable fool and all I have done is mirror your attitude, so save your tears.

I didn’t read what you said properly regarding Fortune Star? I quoted you FFS! At least challenge me here?

I’m bringing up the Cantonese Blu Ray because in your words, every version is “different” and “that’s what counts” right? I mentioned it because the picture quality, a USP which you are an expert on apparently, is excellent BUT I’m still happy with the HKL Single Disc Edition, regardless of quality.

I'm sorry if the relevence of that is lost on you.

Anyway, I would be angry if I looked as stupid as you have for this threads entirety. You’re so weak that you are virtually begging for assistance from other people.

How can you help me? Send me a two hour print of The Big Boss if you find it in your fragile little lifetime!

I'm known as the pass remarkable fool am I? says who? A few brainless morons who troll a certain forum? Am I supposed to take to heart what a little click of brainless morons say? They don't even know how to type properly.'lol

If you listen to them, you're no better than them. Whoever they are! 'lol I think they are the fools. So who's right and who's wrong?! 'lol

I think what I taught you in this thread is proof that that's not true. You're just angry at the world and rude to boot. That pretty much covers it. I don't even know why you're in this thread since you obviously don't like anything about the subject we were originally discussing in here.

All you had to say at the beginning was "I'm not interested in Bruce Lee movies all that much, and I haven't done any research or spoken to anyone with any decent knowledge since the year 2000" and that would have been the end of the conversation.

But instead you kept on talking complete rubbish and ignoring everyone who knows more about the subject than you. Though I'm sure you will continue to believe you know best. :wink: Oh, and I forgot about your psychic abilities too! :tongue:

You made an argument out of nothing and became totally unnecessarily rude and offensive. That's where you let yourself down. I have nothing more to say.

P.S - No, you didn't read what I said, because I told you that the Fox dvd by fortune star had the original english dub. But you pasted up some specs from the Joy Sales region 3 dvd which has no english dub. Just sayin.....

Son Of A Gun

Hang on. Wasn't this recent batch of angry insults from you all because I just recommended a better quality dvd of Big Boss to you? 'lol that's how you respond to someone giving you a friendly tip.

Most people would just say "Thanks" or "OK, cheers".

Not quite sure why you had to argue about that as well. :xd: Mr Angry.

I'm known as the pass remarkable fool am I? says who? A few brainless morons who troll a certain forum? Am I supposed to take to heart what a little click of brainless morons say? They don't even know how to type properly.'lol

If you listen to them, you're no better than them. Whoever they are! 'lol I think they are the fools. So who's right and who's wrong?! 'lol

I think what I taught you in this thread is proof that that's not true. You're just angry at the world and rude to boot. That pretty much covers it. I don't even know why you're in this thread since you obviously don't like anything about the subject we were originally discussing in here.

All you had to say at the beginning was "I'm not interested in Bruce Lee movies all that much, and I haven't done any research or spoken to anyone with any decent knowledge since the year 2000" and that would have been the end of the conversation.

But instead you kept on talking complete rubbish and ignoring everyone who knows more about the subject than you. Though I'm sure you will continue to believe you know best. :wink: Oh, and I forgot about your psychic abilities too! :tongue:

You made an argument out of nothing and became totally unnecessarily rude and offensive. That's where you let yourself down. I have nothing more to say.

P.S - No, you didn't read what I said, because I told you that the Fox dvd by fortune star had the original english dub. But you pasted up some specs from the Joy Sales region 3 dvd which has no english dub. Just sayin.....

It's getting too stupid now, mate.

You've got your opinions and I've got mine.

End Thread!

Please stop it because quite frankly you're easy work AND did you pay this fella (mpm74) to call me a a newie (hahahaha cringe forum chat)? lol I was on the scene almost twenty years before the internet became available and several years before either of you were a glint in your father's eye.

He paid me "a thousand each"... aren't you curious why?

(I'm seriously just quoting random dialogue from the english dubbed Big Boss track)...

"Hey, my chopsticks!"

He paid me "a thousand each"... aren't you curious why?

(I'm seriously just quoting random dialogue from the english dubbed Big Boss track)...

"Hey, my chopsticks!"

"You know, I think, you better not take it, you didn't earn it!"

Me too!

"You know, I think, you better not take it, you didn't earn it!"

Me too!

"That makes me feel better.. Now, a word of this-to no one."

Is Bruce Lee your hero?

Yes. He..he… he always wins the bad guys and he’s a very quick mover.

Son Of A Gun

It's getting too stupid now, mate.

It got stupid as soon as you started posting. Then got ridiculous when you got abusive.

:wink:

You've got your opinions and I've got mine.

End Thread!

I wish you'd said this days ago! I'm warn out from keep replying to you. :tongue:

mpm74 I love you. :xd: In a purely platonic way of course. :wink:

Nothing like a good assortment of Big Boss quotes to diffuse a situation.

Anyway..... "I'm the smart one. The one with the good head". :bigsmile:

It got stupid as soon as you started posting. Then got ridiculous when you got abusive. :wink:

I wish you'd said this days ago! I'm warn out from keep replying to you. :tongue:

mpm74 I love you. :xd: In a purely platonic way of course. :wink:

Nothing like a good assortment of Big Boss quotes to diffuse a situation.

Anyway..... "I'm the smart one. The one who gives good head". :bigsmile:

I gave you an out, sunshine! You just can't help yourself!

Concentrate less on "trying" to insult me and more on getting yourself laid:wink: Your last post was repulsive in its stupidity and simply not worth my time and by the way this is MY THREAD.

ALSO

Keep what you do in your spare time to yourself because that is some gross shit!:cry:

Listen, Son of gun, GIVE UP!

I should have known to be fair. I'll give him one last shot at silly insults and then ignore him. It's beneath me.

Best part is, we both know our shit, we just have different viewpoints. In terms of trying to match insults with me, he's on a hiding to nothing.

Archived