40th Anniversary of FIST OF FURY

Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon

This Sunday(11th March) marks the 40th Anniversary of FIST OF FURY...still one of the greatest.

A tribute video I made for 40th Anniversary of FIST OF FURY:

okV5hJWXX7o

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omni Dragon
I think it is March 22nd ?

I'm pretty sure it Première on the 11th March 1972 & the General Release was on the 23rd March 1972.

Omni Dragon
Way had 2 premieres too I believe (Dec 23rd and 30th ?)

I thought THE WAY OF THE DRAGON Premièred on the 22nd December 1972 & the General Release was on the 30th December 1972

This is what I thought the Premièred & General Release where:

THE BIG BOSS Premièred on 30th October 1971 & General Release the next day(31st October 1971)

FIST OF FURY I thought Premièred on 11th March 1972 & the General Release was on the 23rd March 1972(but you guy's seem to say 22nd?)

THE WAY OF THE DRAGON Premièred on the 22nd December 1972 & the General Release was on the 30th December 1972(but you seem to say 23rd? I think that the fact it's at midnight you turn up at the cinema the day before & then the starts bang on the next day)

ENTER THE DRAGON (US)Premiere 24th August 1973 & HK General Release 18th December 1973

GAME OF DEATH: HK 23rd March 1978(HK General Release or was there official a HK Première?)

US Premiere 8th June 1978

Coliseum1972

Just writing what I remembered ;)

Game US premiere was summer '79 I think......but this is really nit picking lol :wink:

Coliseum1972

FoF collection :

'73 german 1sh

FoFger.jpg

'73 german 4 pg brochure

DSCF1715.jpg

'73 french lobbys

DSCF1821.jpg

'74 Spain flyers

DSCF1819.jpg

R80s italy 2sh (might be from a festival , early 80s)

FoFadv.jpg

Hey Coliseum,

Any chance of seeing your WAY poster collection, I myself have the UK, German (1st Issue), U.S. and French versions.

Killer Meteor

I love how Tony Liu is front and centre on the German brochure, when he's practically invisible in the main film.

Archived