Robocop (2013)

AlbertV

Looks like Batman's costume in the Nolan movies except the cowl is replaced with a biker's helmet.

I thought the samething when I seen it! The old ROBOSUIT was way better!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The director is Jose Padilla... the chillout music Maestro?

It's actually Padilha...he directed the Brazilian action film ELITE SQUAD

Guest Markgway

They'll no doubt whip up an 'extended harder unrated cut' with a gallon of CGI blood for Blu Ray.

Either way.... I don't care.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Me neither.... stopped caring about new Hollywood output years ago.

They just keep that remake train trucking along.... next.... the 90's,

Look forward to Point Break starring Taylor Lautner and Channing Tatum....

Guest Markgway
Look forward to Point Break starring Taylor Lautner and Channing Tatum....

I just vomited in my mouth! :cry:

Why make a reboot?!?! original was good enough

Because Hollywood is frightened to back new ideas any more....With this and the crap remake of Evil Dead new original screenwriters must be giving up...

OpiumKungFuCracker

Can't be a reboot when you use the same line as the original film. I'll end up seeing this at a matinee, I'm not paying full price for it.

Because Hollywood is frightened to back new ideas any more....With this and the crap remake of Evil Dead new original screenwriters must be giving up...

Why don't they just back new ideas with less money? Not every blockbuster need to be made for $250 million

I agree it doesn't need to be remade, but for some reason I kind of want to see it. I like that they made it more relevant to what's going on with drone warfare in the world today.

Not sure if this is new trailer but there's one here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/exclusive-robocop-trailer-shows-off-literally-hot-robo-201520377.html

OpiumKungFuCracker

I think I've seen this movie before when it was called, "Irony Man?" Robocop doesn't fly around like he's tinkerbell and shit. With that being said, I'll go see it in theaters because it's been awhile because nothing but dog shit is at the cinemas, am I right?

Just saw it at a discount theater. It was a lot of fun. I went in with low expectations, but I found it very entertaining. Also lots of themes to think about, drone warfare, political tv talk show hosts, ect. Also there is a lot of commentary on robocop's freewill vs his programing, I think there are some subtle nod's to Clockwork Orange. For example he's always called Alex, in the original they always called him Murphy.

If you're on the fence I'd say check it out, its pretty good.

I finally watched this yesterday and I'm in agreement with inframan. I too came in with low expectations, but it is clear that aside from Murphy, OCP, and Detroit, it's definitely a new vision and it was well executed by Jose Padilha.

I thought Joel Kinnaman did a pretty good job as Alex Murphy. It is unfair to compare him to Peter Weller, but he was ten times better than Robert Burke and Page Fletcher. Gary Oldman brought both empathy and sympathy as Robocop's creator Dr. Burton. Jackie Earle Haley continues to impress me and did it here. Samuel L. Jackson, I couldn't help but not laugh at him with that awful wig but it was his last scene that made me reach for my inhaler because I was laughing so hard.

Nice use of updated technology, nicely shot action scenes, especially one that takes place in darkness with night vision and thermal vision included.

Out of five, for it's rebooted value...3.5

OpiumKungFuCracker
Just saw it at a discount theater. It was a lot of fun. I went in with low expectations, but I found it very entertaining. Also lots of themes to think about, drone warfare, political tv talk show hosts, ect. Also there is a lot of commentary on robocop's freewill vs his programing, I think there are some subtle nod's to Clockwork Orange. For example he's always called Alex, in the original they always called him Murphy.

If you're on the fence I'd say check it out, its pretty good.

I finally watched this yesterday and I'm in agreement with inframan. I too came in with low expectations, but it is clear that aside from Murphy, OCP, and Detroit, it's definitely a new vision and it was well executed by Jose Padilha.

I thought Joel Kinnaman did a pretty good job as Alex Murphy. It is unfair to compare him to Peter Weller, but he was ten times better than Robert Burke and Page Fletcher. Gary Oldman brought both empathy and sympathy as Robocop's creator Dr. Burton. Jackie Earle Haley continues to impress me and did it here. Samuel L. Jackson, I couldn't help but not laugh at him with that awful wig but it was his last scene that made me reach for my inhaler because I was laughing so hard.

Nice use of updated technology, nicely shot action scenes, especially one that takes place in darkness with night vision and thermal vision included.

Out of five, for it's rebooted value...3.5

Did we watch two different movies or something? I thought the movie was bland as fuck.

Did we watch two different movies or something? I thought the movie was bland as fuck.

Maybe you were a little stoned when watching?:wink: I watched it on DVD. As many I had low expectations but ended up liking it. Action and special effects were alright. Not something I would re-watch soon but it's not a bad sci-fi action movie. 7/10.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I am with Big Rogie on this one, but I can understand Opiums position. If you had expectations to see something on the same level in terms of how cool the original was when it came out, however dated, I think you would be disappointed. Still, it was ok. I had a good meal and a big bag of popcorn at the theater, so that helped. It also helped that I hated the preview, and it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Archived