Korean Movie Blogathon

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Just to let everyone know, here in Australia this week is the Korean Movie Blogathon. I'm one of the contibutors to the event, so if anyone has a spare moment please feel welcome to check out my posts, I'll be attempting to contribute one every day for the rest of the week. Please leave your support if you have time, even if it's something along the lines of, "Hey, why isn't your name One Armed Boxer?".:tongue: Today is day one, and I wrote this one to kick things off - http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/hammer-tooth-my-first-encounter-with.html#more Thanks for reading!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

For those that don't know him, One-Armed Boxer is extremely knowledgeable about Asian cinema, a wonderful writer, and one of the nicest people I've ever met. I was happy to hear that he was working on these articles, and they are all great reads, full of cool info.

Did y'all know that OLDBOY's director is about to make his US directorial debut? Or that Schwarzenneger's comeback film is helmed by the guy that did I SAW THE DEVIL? :nerd: No? Well check out the above links for more info. :bigsmile:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Blog 4 is up, this one covering my visit in 2008 to the Seoul Action School - http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/lights-camera-action-my-visit-to-seoul.html

I forgot to mention how cool it was reading (again) about your visit to the SAS. I've got to track down a copy of ACTION BOYS, it sounds great.

One Armed Boxer

Thanks Bob! Yeah 'Action Boys' is well worth tracking down, such a good documentary!

My seventh and final blog is up, taking a look at Kim Ji-woon and his current fixation with releasing two versions of the same movie, enjoy! - http://www.koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/kim-ji-woon-international-or-koreantake.html

You make the effort to keep writing it, I'll make the effort to keep reading it :wink:

It allows me to keep me up to date with Korean cinema better, Plus aren't you a fellow Sydney-man*??

One Armed Boxer

Ha ha....thanks!

I am a fellow Sydney-man! You live here also? I've only been back here for 2 months after an almost 5 year absence while I was living in Japan, I'm originally from England though.

Yeah I live in Sydney, that sounds pretty cool that you lived in Japan, I recently began studying Japanese and would love to go there in the near future.

ShaOW!linDude

Loved the whole week's worth of articles, OAB.

Good perspective and interesting details. The SAS one was probably my favorite. Good road trip story, bro.:bigsmile:

Archived