Only God Forgives (2012)

AlbertV

I just read about this upcoming film. It is the second collaboration between Ryan Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn. It's going to have some martial arts action in the film. Here's the plot:

“Bangkok. Ten years ago Julian killed a cop and went on the run. Now he manages a Thai boxing club as a front for a drugs operation. Respected in the criminal underworld, deep inside, he feels empty.

When Julian’s brother murders a prostitute the police call on retired cop Chang – the Angel of Vengeance. Chang allows the father to kill his daughter’s murderer, then ‘restores order’ by chopping off the man’s right hand.

Julian’s mother Jenna – the head of a powerful criminal organization – arrives in Bangkok to collect her son’s body. She dispatches Julian to find his killers and ‘raise hell’.

Increasingly obsessed with the Angel of Vengeance, Julian challenges him to a boxing match, hoping that by defeating him he might find spiritual release… but Chang triumphs. A furious Jenna plots revenge and the stage is set for a bloody journey through betrayal and vengeance towards a final confrontation and the possibility of redemption.”

Only-God-Forgives-Ryan-Gosling.jpg

Radius-TWC will be distributing the film.

Twitch

I'm guessing Thai stuntmaster Seng Kawee will probably serve as the film's action coordinator. He seems to be Hollywood's top Thai stunt coordinator due to his being a protege of Panna Rittikrai, but this is only spec.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Pollard

Refn could make an awesome martial arts filmmaker if he chose to move in that direction. He definitely knows how to showcase fighting action with distinctive style. I'm looking forward to this.

Archived