Blade of Kings (Twins Effect II) on US Blu-Ray March 6

AlbertV

bladeofkings.jpg

The unrelated sequel TWINS EFFECT II, which marked the film debut of Jaycee "I am Jackie's son" Chan, is coming to Blu-Ray in the US on March 6, under the title BLADE OF KINGS, from Well Go USA.

The film is set in Flower Capital, a kingdom ruled by an evil queen (Qu Ying), who started hating men after her lover, High Priest Wei Liao (Daniel Wu), betrayed her. All men in the kingdom are slaves to women. However, a prophecy foretells that one day, the Star of Rex will rise to power, overthrow the queen, and restore the balance of the two sexes. The Star of Rex is Charcoal Head (Jaycee Chan), a boy from a humble background. Charcoal, along with his adoptive father Blackwood and adoptive brother Blockhead (Bolin Chen), earn a living by street-performing.

Once, the brothers obtain a treasure map engraved on a stone from their friend, Peachy (Edison Chen), and embark on a treasure hunt. They are accompanied by two lovely, but lethal, female warriors named Spring (Charlene Choi) and Blue Bird (Gillian Chung). During their eventful journey, the group encounter Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Donnie Yen), a master swordsman who has made it his quest to overthrow the queen's regime. However, he must first deal with the Lord of Armour (Jackie Chan).

McqJFP6y0DU

• Like 1

• Administrator
Is this as bad as it looks?

Yep this is a poor film, shame as I enjoyed Twins Effect

Sadly it is. I thought TWINS EFFECT was really a mixed bag. Some of it was fun, some of it was mind-numbingly lame. But overall I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

TWINS EFFECT 2 is terrible. It may have a minute or two worth seeing, but basically it stinks. I think I heard that because of government restrictions they weren't able to include vampires (or any other such government and country destroying legends) in the film. Um... TWINS EFFECT is about vampires and vampire hunters! So why even make a sequel under those restrictions? Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan fight in it, and though it's far from what you'd hope (it's no Yen vs Li fight like in ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA 2, that's for damn sure.), it plays much better on second viewing. Still not a great fight. But worth watching again. As for the film, despite (foolishly) pre-ordering it to get the Super Special Collector's Edition (with a little sword replica and everything! :crossedlips:) I doubt I'll ever watch it all the way through again. 3 out of 10

• Like 1