Tokyo Shock at Megacon

razorclam

I don't know if the lines being canceled, but I don't see Funimation making any efforts on before of Shaw Brother fans.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funimation spat out all the Shaw titles they inherited from BCI. There won't be any more, I'm pretty sure about that. Wonder if Tokyo Shock / MB ever manage to release what they licenced from Celestial. Before 2046 that is... :wink:

• Administrator
5161CTVPFJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If this is the version you have KFB, it's the old ADV version. The MB version blows it out of the water quality wise.

I had my son grab the one I own for me from downstairs (as stairs + crutches= bad news :xd:), and it IS this older ADV version. :sad:

But... I think I may have a Tokyo Shock version (with all the extras) on the way. Will see soon. Fingers crossed.

It's been a couple of years since I went on a Big G marathon. But I think I see another one on the horizon (through the fires and radioactive haze). :wink:

Funimation spat out all the Shaw titles they inherited from BCI. There won't be any more, I'm pretty sure about that. Wonder if Tokyo Shock / MB ever manage to release what they licenced from Celestial. Before 2046 that is... :wink:

What really gets my goat is that FUNi has all the resources to put out those Shaws in Blu, but they won't because bleeding upscales are probably higher up on the list than Shaw flicks...:cry:

What I have heard is that MB used extras on the disc without proper Toho approval (and they are notoriously anal on the IP rights). Megalon is on perpetual hold until MB/Toho irons everything out on the mishandling of Destroy all Monsters.

That's the reason pretty much. I've heard the stills chucked on them weren't cleared (and lots of stills appeared).

Oh the Destroy All Monsters Blu-ray is really nice and well worth getting.

Archived