mei Ah dvd problems

mark187

this was discussed in the past on Asiandvdguide, but I figured I'd bring up the issue here, to see who else has experienced problems. the culprits I've noticed are the Mei Ah dvds of Dragon Squad, People's Hero, My Heart is that Eternal Rose, and Angel. certain players do not play these properly. they originally worked on my my old R1 Toshiba, and my region free Toshiba, then later I experienced problems with all of them on both. played fine on my old xbox, not on my new one. all work fine on my Sony R1 player though. anyone else problems with these or other Mei Ah dvds, and what players did you get them to work on? I'm wondering if there's any way to get them to work again on my region free (it's part of a surround sound system) since they worked in the past, but no longer do.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you ever tried playing them on multiple players? haven't experienced a problem with one of them yet on my Sony, but they seem to not work well with the Toshibas. like I said, they also played fine on my old original white Xbox 360, but not on my new black Xbox 360 slim I think it is

bad pressings are the Reasons for that. nothing you can do. MY HEART IS THAT ETERNAL ROSE was so damaged i could not rip it. I downloaded it on a torrent site to have the Movie i paid for in a Version i could play again.

The Silver Fox

I've had issues with some Mei Ah discs. My theory(and I could be completely off with this)is the problem lies in how the discs are authored and/or/ where they were getting pressed . It seems like they've addressed the problem but I am always cautious when I buy Mei Ah stuff and try to dig around for dvd reviews before purchase.

Mei Ah discs that were problematic:

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow-nice slipcover,correct aspect ratio,multiple language options,original audio etc. If only the disc would play...the disc has a weird film on it and what look like embedded fingerprints! even my computer has a hard time reading this disaster. I bought it from DDD House but I didn't actually take it out of the plastic for like a year - so by the time I got around to checking it out it was too late to ask for exchange.

The 18 Bronzemen-pixels and freezes halfway through same deal as above except the disc looks perfectly fine and plays easily on computer, purchased from HKFlix RIP.

Dance of the Drunk Mantis-plays fine but the disc looks really rough on the data side,like somebody took some sandpaper to it. I'm picky about stuff like that especially a new dvd that looks all beat up.

Mei Ah Discs that I purchased that are problem free(at least for me):

The Butterfly Murders

The Kung Fu Cult Master

The 36 Deadly Styles

Iron Angels

8 Taels of Gold (VCD)

TibetanWhiteCrane
World of Drunken Master is one to stay away from.

Really...? I was just about to get that one....

What's the issues?

Morgoth Bauglir
Really...? I was just about to get that one....

What's the issues?

It freezes.

Shame because the picture is good.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Damn it! im sure as shit not getting the KF Connection version, cuz I just got Dragon's Claws from that label, and it looks like utter crap, and is cropped heavily!!!!!

Killer Meteor

My Mei Ah World Of Drunken Master played fine, shame the transfer is lousy, as are all their Joseph Kuo releases.

I can't remember if it was Mei Ah but I know I had a region three Hong Kong release of Bullet-proof Monk that had lots of freezing problems, was replaced about three times before I gave up on it.

Archived