Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013)

AlbertV

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker
My sons grew up with TMNT so we'll all go see this together.

I will screen the original 1990 at my house, both you and your son can come over. Don't give Bay anymore money!!!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

I will screen the original 1990 at my house, both you and your son can come over. Don't give Bay anymore money!!!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Do you provide pop corn and unlimited beer?

Secret Executioner
How about cute naked girls??

What kind of movie theater has that ?! Not sure you'd have TMNT in that kind of theaters and I guess the April O'Neal you'd see is NOT the news reporter. :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

What's so great about the live action film are the guys in the rubber suits and the wise cracking jokes. Oh and the fight choreography is pretty awesome too. I have free passes to the Michael Bay version and since these tickets are free I am going to take a chance and see it. I mean what can be worse than seeing a Michael bay film for free?

The trailer looks typical Michael Bay. Looks like they did a good job with Shredder and Splinter. But, they did a pretty crappy job on the turtles themselves. They no longer look distinct and their faces do not look right. Probably just going to wait for home video release.

Secret Executioner
What's so great about the live action film are the guys in the rubber suits and the wise cracking jokes. Oh and the fight choreography is pretty awesome too. I have free passes to the Michael Bay version and since these tickets are free I am going to take a chance and see it. I mean what can be worse than seeing a Michael bay film for free?

Agreed on the qualities of the original(s) - though it seems there are some jokes in the new film, but as I mentionned in another thread Michael Bay's "comedy" is usually very unfunny.

Personally, I could take chance if I were you. I saw a trailer when I went to see The Raid 2 (the only slightly good trailer they showed in the 20 minutes of advertising before the film... God I hate that theater) and while I guess the movie will be the usual crappy Michael Bay blockbuster (you also get Megan Fox as April O'Neal) it looks okay on the big screen - wonder if the 3D (cause I suppose that like the Transformers movies, it will be in 3D) will be good though)

The trailer looks typical Michael Bay.

Yeah. What do collapsing buildings have to do with mutated turtles fighting a bunch of Ninjas anyway ?

Looks like they did a good job with Shredder and Splinter. But, they did a pretty crappy job on the turtles themselves. They no longer look distinct and their faces do not look right. Probably just going to wait for home video release.

The turtles look bad indeed. You can still differentiate them based on their weapons and eventually the color of their headbands, but the film is so dark you can barely make them out... But more than the bad look of the turtles or half of the city being blown up in the trailer, it's Megan Fox as April O'Neal that REALLY irks me. Fuck I hate that chick - she may be a good person, but for some reason I really can't stand her.

Review by the mostly naysaying James Marsh. This is probably his most positive review in a good while which is nice for a change :tongue2:

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/08/review-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-chooses-not-to-compete-and-succeeds.html

Nice to see.. Although I was a big fan of TMNT when I was a kid, and of course my kids loves it, and cant wait to go see the movie.It also got them interested in wanting to learn a martial art. which is also nice:)

The best thing though is that now that they are into Kung Fu because of TMNT they want to watch all the movies they can with me :) which is a huge plus!

Finally saw it tonight on DVD! overall, it's a mixed bag, but I found more positive thoughts about it than negative. As a longtime fan of tmnt, it was actually the original live-action film that was my first exposure to the world of Hong Kong and Pan-Asian cinema, and when I saw my actual first HK film a few years later (Fist of Fury) I immediately recognized the name Raymond Chow and the company Golden Harvest from the Turtles films! I'll say that the original movie is the best one no doubt, and this new one doesn't top the sequels for me either (I actually enjoyed part 3), but it was still fun to watch. Ultimately, it seems like the original script could've put out a better movie though, so let's hope they include what was left out (Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang) in the sequel. Also, I'll say the sequel must have the Technodrome in it, and the original 80s cartoon design at that. How cool would it be for the finale to feature that demolishing NYC, and the turtles have to get inside and stop Shredder and Krang, and destroy or de-activate the technodrome? anyway, overall the new film was a fun enough experience, although a bit too "modern" at times, but after 21 years it's cool to just have another live-action movie. Put the Technodrome and Krang in the sequel and I'll really get excited though (just stay true to the old-school designs!)

Finally saw it tonight on DVD! overall, it's a mixed bag, but I found more positive thoughts about it than negative. As a longtime fan of tmnt, it was actually the original live-action film that was my first exposure to the world of Hong Kong and Pan-Asian cinema, and when I saw my actual first HK film a few years later (Fist of Fury) I immediately recognized the name Raymond Chow and the company Golden Harvest from the Turtles films! I'll say that the original movie is the best one no doubt, and this new one doesn't top the sequels for me either (I actually enjoyed part 3), but it was still fun to watch. Ultimately, it seems like the original script could've put out a better movie though, so let's hope they include what was left out (Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang) in the sequel. Also, I'll say the sequel must have the Technodrome in it, and the original 80s cartoon design at that. How cool would it be for the finale to feature that demolishing NYC, and the turtles have to get inside and stop Shredder and Krang, and destroy or de-activate the technodrome? anyway, overall the new film was a fun enough experience, although a bit too "modern" at times, but after 21 years it's cool to just have another live-action movie. Put the Technodrome and Krang in the sequel and I'll really get excited though (just stay true to the old-school designs!)

I agree....there were more good than bad in the film. I finally caught it at the dollar theater near where I live. I'll be doing a full review on KFC this week of the film.

Archived