Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013)

AlbertV

Drunken Monk
I don't. Even with a mindless spectacle (doesn't mean without soul - which is hard to find in blockbusters these days) I want to keep my brain on.

Well, you're probably the minority as these blockbusters keep getting churned out. I, for one, don't mind leaving my brain at the door as long as the entertainment is good. For example, I enjoyed "Pacific Rim" upon watching it a second time.

The first time, I was being over-analytical and it actually caused me to dislike the film. The second time, I had a few beers and just took it as robots beating the shit out of monsters. I ended up fully enjoying it.

It's the same with other films. If they just want to squirt adrenaline into my eyes then, fair enough, I'll hold off on being over critical, but the spectacle at least has to have some modicum of "good" about it. There's a distinct difference between "The Avengers" and, say, "I, Frankenstein."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to have to throw some salt on that wound. You would have found out sooner or later.

This guy is the Shredder. He doesn't really look like a Oroku Saki.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001209/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

No, but get this...his name is Eric Sachs or Sacks, and from the trailer, he was an associate of April's dad....oy vey....can we say Amazing Spider-Man?

No, but get this...his name is Eric Sachs or Sacks, and from the trailer, he was an associate of April's dad....oy vey....can we say Amazing Spider-Man?

If Eric Sachs turns out to be an android with a krang inside of it, I'd be ok with it but then the whole "your dad and I wanted to make heroes." thing doesn't make any sense. I'm all for taking some liberties with source material but why can't the shredder be Japanese? Same with Splinter.

Secret Executioner

Took me awhile, but I just figured out the connection. Guess the Turtles now have the same origin than Spidey ? WTF ?!

(perhaps Raphael witnessed his parents being murdered in some dark alley when he was 8, that would justify his temper...)

I dont care how entertaining this film might be, the turtles look terrible, megan fox is terrible, & the shredder is now just another crappy evil businessman

what is with michael bay and ruining long lasting franchises

Secret Executioner
I dont care how entertaining this film might be, the turtles look terrible, megan fox is terrible,

Entirely agreed here. The turtles are awful and I hate Megan Fox. To think some wanted her to play Wonder Woman... :rolleyes:

Dark Horizons reported that Johnny Knoxville will be the voice of Leonardo (Pete Ploszek did mo-cap) and Tony Shalhoub will be the voice of Splinter (Danny Woodburn did mo-cap)

Dark Horizons reported that Johnny Knoxville will be the voice of Leonardo (Pete Ploszek did mo-cap) and Tony Shalhoub will be the voice of Splinter (Danny Woodburn did mo-cap)

One foot has been firmly placed off of the bandwagon.

As much as I love Johnny Knoxville, that's worse than having Jason Biggs as the voice of Leonardo in the new cartoon.

As much as I love Johnny Knoxville, that's worse than having Jason Biggs as the voice of Leonardo in the new cartoon.

The cartoon's pretty good. They just introduced Casey Jones.

Secret Executioner

Meanwhile, in Michael Bay's secret hideout...

Our villain and his henchmen are pondering more elements to butt-rape the franchise and piss off Ninja Turtles fans even more. :tongue:

oneskyforall

Man I wish the turtles didn't have those noses. The rest of the "dark and edgy" design is passable but the noses are horrible :cry:

Secret Executioner

These posters look meh at best - but perhaps it's better not to show the whole body of these Turtles. :tongue:

Secret Executioner

Am I the only one who think those Turtles look a bit too big ? Seriously, at points, I feel like I'm looking at a badly done Hulk...

Anyway, nice to see the old running gag of April fainting and Splinter doesn't look too bad. Wonder what his backstory will be and if he's to be an ordinary rat or a mutant.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Looks so bland and generic, that trailer makes me want to see it less. Megan Fox, who the fuck ask her to come out of her fox hole?

Secret Executioner
Megan Fox, who the fuck ask her to come out of her fox hole?

Agreed, but even without her, the film still wouldn't look that great - the turtles look freaking retarded... :squigglemouth:

What's a M. Bay trailer without a giant building falling down. I grew up on ninja turtles and I'm not gonna lie that trailer actually looked decent to me. I just hope they focus more on the martial arts in this one and from the trailer it looks like they did (to an extent) lets not forget either this is a kids movie and the ninja turtles will always be geared towards children 10 and under.

Archived