Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013)

AlbertV

Drunken Monk

I kind of like the modern spin on the Foot clan. I also like that each actor has an armband signifying which turtle they are.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oneskyforall

That better not be the Foot lol that one guy is holding an M16 :xd:

I think it is more likely that they are some kind of SWAT team capturing the Turtles.

Here's our first clear look at the turtles from a poster via Toy Expo:

QABP3Va.jpg

I'm OK with each Turtle having individual clothing wearing attire to suit their personality but gawd-damn, Raphael looks like hes' pumped full of steroid.

And here's Shredder:

pm18rFf.jpg

Secret Executioner

When did April O'Neal switch from journalist to "bitch that films her life on her smartphone" ? God I hate when you have "smart"phones in films. Like that scene in AS when Spidey is trying to catch the Lizard and plays Candy Crush or something on his phone while waiting for him to show up... Can't people make movies without one of those fucking things in it ?! And when did TMNT become about cops searching the sewers for the turtles and building being destroyed ? IMO, TMNT should be 4 turtles fighting a bunch of Ninjas working for Shredder (who does look nice in that trailer, gotta give the thing SOME positive feedback) and that's about it.

Drunken Monk
When did April O'Neal switch from journalist to "bitch that films her life on her smartphone" ? God I hate when you have "smart"phones in films. Like that scene in AS when Spidey is trying to catch the Lizard and plays Candy Crush or something on his phone while waiting for him to show up... Can't people make movies without one of those fucking things in it ?! And when did TMNT become about cops searching the sewers for the turtles and building being destroyed ? IMO, TMNT should be 4 turtles fighting a bunch of Ninjas working for Shredder (who does look nice in that trailer, gotta give the thing SOME positive feedback) and that's about it.

Well, it is a reboot and a modern reboot at that. I suppose film makers just want to cater to today's audience by adding the gadgets and gizmos we use in everyday life.

I think that, in some ways, it makes sense but sometimes it's just obnoxious and obvious product placement.

Hey, at least the Turtles aren't from space now, like they were in the original concept.

Secret Executioner
Well, it is a reboot and a modern reboot at that. I suppose film makers just want to cater to today's audience by adding the gadgets and gizmos we use in everyday life.

I think that, in some ways, it makes sense but sometimes it's just obnoxious and obvious product placement.

Entirely agreed on the "obnoxious and product placement" comment.

Iaagi: the TMNT from my childhood were these guys.

nNa2Fr6CA0E

I am going to have to throw some salt on that wound. You would have found out sooner or later.

This guy is the Shredder. He doesn't really look like a Oroku Saki.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001209/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

What the heck happened to my beloved childhood heroes :yociexp49:

Dh2u6Cw2clE

Essentially this. Over and over, and over again.

Won't let me embed.

I rewatched the original TMNT 1 and 2. I always liked 2 better but rewatching it made me change my mind. 1 was the better movie. 2 was short and the movie jumped to the end pretty abruptly. Not to mention they didn't really use Super Shredder and the end very well.

Still have held off on watching TMNT 3.

I think Bay has too much aliens in his brain...if he goes through with this, he practically destroyed Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird's creation and this duo should ninja kick him!

Eastman and Laird do not care. Peter Laird sold his stake in the Turtles a long time ago. Kevin Eastman sold the last of his stake in the Turtles last year. Both have done freelance work on the Turtles comic book. The past decade they really haven't seen eye to eye on where and how the Turtles should go.

Really, the only way I can tolerate the Turtles is via CGI animation form such as 2007's TMNT. Best Turtle movie ever made.

The animation was boss and the voice talent was great and the plot was actually good. And it was made for $34M, took in 2/3's of its budget on its opening weekend ($24M), and ultimately made almost double what it cost to produce in 3 months (IMDB says $54M, I'd heard it was closer to $60M). May not seem like much but it's certainly nothing to sneer at.

Personally though, I think their time has come and gone. Let 'em be.

A Hong Kong based company did that movie. That wasn't enough money or success to keep them afloat. They were talking about doing a Science Ninja Team Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets CG movie but went under before it went into production. They also did the Astro Boy movie.

Drunken Monk

I think that, at the end of the day, this film is going to be like the GI Joe and Transformer films: a mindless spectacle that might be worth a watch if you want to turn you brain off for ninety minutes.

I think that, at the end of the day, this film is going to be like the GI Joe and Transformer films: a mindless spectacle that might be worth a watch if you want to turn you brain off for ninety minutes.

That isn't so bad then.

However, a good chunk of the population never turn their's on to turn it off. :tongue:

If you ever go re-watch TMNT 1, you will notice a very young Sam Rockwell as one of the teens who joined The Shredders gang of teenage foot soldiers.

if you want to turn you brain off for ninety minutes.

I don't. Even with a mindless spectacle (doesn't mean without soul - which is hard to find in blockbusters these days) I want to keep my brain on.

Think it could be possible that he's a krang wearing a android suit?

Always a possibility but it has all but pretty much been confirmed that is The Shredder.

ShaOW!linDude
A Hong Kong based company did that movie. That wasn't enough money or success to keep them afloat. They were talking about doing a Science Ninja Team Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets CG movie but went under before it went into production. They also did the Astro Boy movie.

Interesting. Did not know that. Explains a lot. Never saw the Astro Boy movie but it looked like it'd be fun.

I admit I'm not a Turtles fan, but I think they come across better animated than live action. Hated those films.

As far as I'm concerned, this trailer might as well have been with some vampires, zombies, elves, dwarves, robots (transformers) or even some ninja yetis :yociexp100:

It just didn't make me care one bit about the fact this being a "Turtles" movie!

All I've seen is some Hollywood extravaganza...

What I really loved about the 1990 movie was the fact it wasn't just about entertainment. It had lessons about friendship, family, brotherhood...

This might sound far fetched but that's how the movie made me feel. It made me care! :yociexp28:

Not trying to jump the gun here but I don't expect anything from this remake...

Wonder what her opinion would be on this new trailer

Iz3m_7ozhNo

Archived