Ti Lung after Shaw Brothers, your favorites.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I was watching THE WARRIORS WAY when the villain looked oh so familiar, then much to my surprise and delight I recognized the one and only Ti Lung.....oh yeah! I must admit it was an emotional moment.

Here are some of his movies after Shaw's;

Death Ring (1984)

Shanghai 13 (1985)

A Better Tomorrow (1986)

A Better Tomorrow 2 (1987)

Legend of the Golden Pearl (1987)

City War (1988)

Tiger on Beat (1988)

Just Heroes (1989)

The Banquet (1991)

Blade Of Fury (1993)

First Shot (1993)

Drunken Master II (1994)

The Kid (1999)

Clean My Name, Mr. Coroner! (2000)

High K (2000)

Paramount Motel (2000)

Mist in Judge (2001)

Frugal Game (2002)

Star Runner (2003)

New Born (2005)

One Last Dance (Singapore 2005)

Xiaying Xianzong (2005)

Heavenly Mission (2006)

Run Papa Run (2008)

Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon (2008)

The Butterfly Lovers (2008)

The Jade and the Pearl (2010)

The Fugitive: Plan B (KBS, 2010)

The Warrior's Way (2010)

I do not see Inheritor of Kung FU as well as Kung Fu Emperor and perhaps others are not on this list.

GD-Y-Y

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the films you haven’t mentioned, I’d rate A KILLER’S BLUES as one of his greatest post-Shaw performances. He’s also a towering presence in TRUE COLORS, a much weaker, but still fairly rewarding film.

Ti Lung was the villain in Warriors Way?! I can't believe I didn't notice that! It was a fun movie. Infinitely cooler now that I know Ti-Lung was in it.

A lot of the old school Shaw guys are coming back in to films now as older villains. Jimmy Wang Yu was the villain in Donnie Yen's new film "Wuxia." He kicked epic amounts of ass! Apparently he's still training in martial arts like crazy at 70+ years old!

I actually always kind of liked his dark, brooding character in A Warrior's Tragedy (aka The Invincible Power of Kindness). Something about getting stabbed by the assassins your mom hired, and still being able to limp from town to town kicking ass that was very cool!

A big A Better Tomorrow fan here, so I'd have to pick that. I saw the sequel the other day and the ending is still spectacular action wise.

A big A Better Tomorrow fan here, so I'd have to pick that. I saw the sequel the other day and the ending is still spectacular action wise.

I need to see this trilogy. I keep waiting for a super Region 1 release. I'm just going to have to pony up and order it from Hong Kong.

Just remember to forget everything you've heard about them and just watch them with no expectations. Older films with a reputation have too much hype attached to them. Third is best ignored I think although I haven't seen it for a long, long time.

Too bad it was such a small part, but Ti Lung just radiated coolness in 'Shanghai 13'.

I just saw it 2 days ago and it was like an all star game with all the Shaw actors in it.

You can never have a bad movie if you put 10-12 Shaw actors in it!

I second this. I thought A Better Tomorrow featured his best ever screen acting and part 2 had the the most incredible last 15 minutes in the history of action films.

"A Better Tomorrow I and II" - Ti Lung said he imagined Alex Fu Sheng in Cheung's role and that it was him that he was talking to as the little brother. He pulled out those feelings well with his performances in both films.

Laura

The Kid is one of my favorite Ti Lung movies. I know it is overstated but, Leslie Cheung is missed and he is great in this movie. Ti Lung is great in his role.

I, like a lot of others, like him in A Better Tomorrow.

Archived