Tiger Claw (Garra de Tigre) (1989)

AlbertV

MV5BMzQ3YjAxN2MtZThlNi00MDkwLWE2MmMtNDg5

A few years ago, I saw this Mexican martial arts movie on Telemundo. I have the film floating somewhere in my VHS collection. It's the story of two brothers who of course are destined to be rivals. The adopted brother, played by Mexican Western star Rodolfo de Anda, is the hero who must save a family from his evil brother, played by Jorge Luke.

The "Garra de Tigre" or Tiger Claw of the title is a specialized weapon the villain uses. I finally got a little more information about the film.

The film's co-star, producer, and action director is Mexican-born martial artist Ruben Gonzalez. Gonzalez played the sensei who raises de Anda and Luke's characters. The fight scenes were reminiscent of a 70's-80's Chuck Norris movie and with good reason. Gonzalez is actually a former protege of Norris himself. Rodolfo de Anda was Gonzalez's childhood hero so it was great working with him.

The film is not bad for what it was. I'll have to dig it up ASAP to perhaps write a full review in the near future

Edited by AlbertV

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlbertV

• 66 Mantis

Any updates on it, AlbertV? Been seeing dupes listed on ioffer, but I know nothing about it. Is it any good? Is the action well done? Good flick or is it a so-bad-it's-good type deal?

Any updates on it, AlbertV? Been seeing dupes listed on ioffer, but I know nothing about it. Is it any good? Is the action well done? Good flick or is it a so-bad-it's-good type deal?

I haven't heard any updates. It came out in 1989, but for what it was, it was a typical 80's martial arts film, only made in Mexico. As Ruben Gonzalez served as producer and action director, the fights were reminiscent of an 80's Chuck Norris film and I am guessing he trained his idol Rodolfo de Anda in martial arts for the film. He looks decent in the film as the hero.

I haven't heard any updates. It came out in 1989, but for what it was, it was a typical 80's martial arts film, only made in Mexico. As Ruben Gonzalez served as producer and action director, the fights were reminiscent of an 80's Chuck Norris film and I am guessing he trained his idol Rodolfo de Anda in martial arts for the film. He looks decent in the film as the hero.

Thank you sir, was very curious about this film. Ugh, the bolded part doesn't sound too promising. :neutral: