Sammo's best 'badie' roll.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Last night I watched 'End of the Wicked Tiger' and of course Sammo Hung is one of the villains henchman.

How many movies would you say he played a baddie in?

What are your favorite villainous Sammo rolls?

GD Y-Y

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple instances when Sammo wanted to be bad in the old school days he donned a particular mad bearded shaved head monk look - Shaolin Plot & Broken Oath...

Bad silver haired mantis man in The Traitorous also...

Shao Plot gets my vote, grovelling sneak attacks in there, evil hench lackey, best flick & fighting. Character-wise he was a proper eye-gouging dick in the Traitorous though, deserved tearing apart the most in that one. Guess he liked blinding folks in evil mode.

A tossup between Traitorious & Shaolin Plot.

In addition to what have already been mentioned, I also love him as a baddie in The Hand of Death & The Valiant Ones.

exactly what peringaten and kfc said.

i just realize villainous sammo is a quality trademark for me. i dig the hell outta traitorous, plot and oath.

as for the question at hand, i lean towards traitorous.

SPL with Donnie Yen past the 80's. Best fighting too which I'd say is right up there with Enter the Dragon....and speaking of Enter the Dragon - a brief role but greatness nevertheless.....

Laura

Always thought Fatty's best Baddie role wasnt in a shapes or basher movie, but in Shanghai Shanghai (1989), the film they made just to try and justify the money wasted building those 1930's sets at Shaws for Miracles (aaaggghhh!!), Sammo is so evil in this flik, just look at his face when he murders Lo Lieh..ruthlessness personified. Plus Fatty does some excellent Tai Gik Kuen against Yuen Biao at the finale....(no giant reels of rope to obstruct the pubwork versus shapes here...eh Jackie!!)

watched traitorous for the 1st time last night.

sammo was pretty bad in this one.

plucks a girls eyes out in the opening scene.

solid movie btw.

i wanna see a kung fu version of batman w/ sammo as the penguin.

I liked his villanous turn against Chang Yi in Bandits from Shantung...his demise in that film has to be seen to be believed!

LOL! Uh-yeah, pretty much.

:wink:

Swordsman at Large

Mad Mad Swords

Traitorous

The Jade Raksha

The Angry River

Like him as a GOOD guy better..One of my favorite Actors of this genre...For a man his size, he is just awesome.:wink:

Either 'When Tai Kwan Do Strikes' or SPL. The former is maybe his nastiest ever character (and that low voice they gave him in the English dub didn't hurt) and the latter for being the most purely intimidating role of his career (credit Donnie Yen for convincing Sammo to do the part).

Wasn't he also a baddie in A Touch Of Zen?

Yep one of Han Yin Chieh's henchmen. Even way back then, he was refered to as 'Fatty' in the subs.

Archived