Is it rare for the villian to be a girl?

Mugen

One Armed Boxer

'Mantis Fist & Tiger Claws of Shaolin' could be classed as having a female as the main villain, if you discount the fact that she turns into a half human half mantis monster.:tongue:

• Like 1

I recall the movie "Half a loaf of Kung Fu" having a female head villian( Been a while since I watched it, so I could be wrong).

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Given how bad that women can get it in Kung Fu movies, it's ironic that there aren't that many Kung Fu movies where the main villain is a woman. For all of his misogyny, Sammo missed a beat in not making an old school movie with a female villain. The closest thing to that was Encounters of the Spooky Kind.

• Like 2

One of the main villains of Guy with Secret Kung Fu with Meng Fei was a man-eating woman (not literally, but she did go through a lot of husbands because they couldn't satisfy her, IIRC).

Also,

Spoiler

Angela Mao ended up being one of the main villains in Proud Horse in the Flying Sand. 

Also, the final villain of Mafia vs. Ninja turns out to be the hero's girlfriend.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 2

odioustrident

It does seem rare for the final big boss to be a woman. Offhand I can only think of:

Shaolin Heroes (1979)

Devil's Mirror (1972)

Cold Blade

Jade Fox

All 4 of these villains did not go down easy.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2012 at 12:32 PM, venomsfreak said:

Candy Wen was pretty nasty in 2 Champions of Shaolin, killing Lo Mang's bride.

She also ended up being one of the main villains in Swordsman and the Enchantress.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

We can’t forget Lily Li in The Loot. I haven’t seen it in a while but doesn’t she end up being a villainess and fighting David Chiang?

• Like 2