Two Toothless Tigers Shaw connection?

peringaten

How come the print of Two Toothless Tigers I just watched starts with the '80s Shaw Brothers logo (the in-space one, that came after the typically recognised one)?

Didn't look like it were just spliced in particularly...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Strange. I'm not aware of any Shaw Bros connection. Film was produced by Sammo's own Bojon Films using mostly Golden Harvest personnel.

Reel Power Stunts

I can only guess:

a) It's a bootleg where someone thought it would be clever/funny to put the Shaws logo in there ...stranger things have happened

B) Shaws may have distributed the film in some Asian territories, and the copy you have is sourced from one of those countries' prints. I have seen Thai posters for films which definitely weren't produced by Shaws, but the posters bear their logo.

It was a wide subbed I picked up, guess that's the one you mean LS...

I was thinking maybe option B... kind of like this 6 Directions of Boxing I guess?:

BSJGQoQWkKGrHgoOKjEjlLmWqpBKBvTYiD5Q_12.jpg

2 Tigers made me wonder what with the Wang Lung Wei connection, although obv Sammo/GH crew style, not Shaws general production. So was that the deal they didn't have to make it, but if they got dist rights they could just slap their logo on at exclusion of others?

Archived