Yukari Oshima

KUNG FU BOB

I've just uploaded 'Dreaming The Reality' (full movie) onto Youtube, if anyone hasn't seen it :wink:

NQRh4eq2KVc

You're the Man:tongue:

Thanks KoKf2002:smile:

I've just uploaded 'Dreaming The Reality' (full movie) onto Youtube, if anyone hasn't seen it :wink:

I have the UK vhs, is that the same release you've used?

I've just bought A BOOK OF HEROES on FS VCD, has this been released on DVD? Is there a proper LD release? Cheers.

kingofkungfu2002

Yeah, I transferred it onto dvd.

ShaOW!linDude

Hah! I watched the first couple of minutes of DREAMING THE REALITY. Gotta love a movie that starts off with 8 yr old girls engaging in unsupervised target practice!:tongue:

Gonna have to try to find this at some point.

silver hermit

I've just bought A BOOK OF HEROES on FS VCD, has this been released on DVD? Is there a proper LD release? Cheers.

no FS DVD and yes there was an LD not as wide as the FS vcd but still nice! it was on golden cinema city i saw it 1 time only on ebay i didnt even bother to bid and as expected it went for over 200$ too much even for me lol

no FS DVD and yes there was an LD not as wide as the FS vcd but still nice! it was on golden cinema city i saw it 1 time only on ebay i didnt even bother to bid and as expected it went for over 200$ too much even for me lol

Thanks, Silver Hermit!

Just came accross this (sadly untranslated) youtube clip via her fanmade Facebook page. Apparently, she did a talk and performance event at Nakasu Taiyo movie theater in Fukuoka, Japan. Whether I understand what she's saying or not, it's really cool to see my all time favorite action lady talk, joke and perform a traditional dance (though the small audience sadly seemed only semi interested, at least that's how it seemed to me). This may have just been from earlier this month and if so wow, she's in her late 40s and hardly aged at all!

Yep, she's perfect. :nerd:

• Like 1

great thread on my favorite female action star a couple of questions though has anyone ever met Yukari in person I often wonder what it would be like to meet her in person and did she provide her voice for the English dubs of her films or were they done by others that weren't her?

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 1

I found this great video of her browsing online it includes her on the set of Drugs Fighters

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 6

Most Hong Kong & Taiwanese films were shot non sync sound until the mid 90's so i don't think you heard her real voice on most of the films in either the Canto or Mando soundtracks as a lo of actors had shall we say 'voice doubles' and apart from Michelle Yeoh doing her English vocal track for Supercop & Supercop 2/Project S Dimension Release, i never heard of any of the actresses doing their English dubs

Some of her Philippine movies you can hear Yukari speaking English and Tagalog and thats her real voice,  she's a lovely lady, great skill set, shot the Hong Kong Legends interview with her and that was the last time i got to spend any proper time with some years back

• Like 5

%5BG.U.I.S.%5D+Choudenshi+Bioman+06+(875fee48bf0c4c0eab66efb0413edf09272.jpg%5BG.U.I.S.%5D+Choudenshi+Bioman+02+(9E9

A pre-Hong Kong fame Yukari as the villainess Farrah Cat on the Super Sentai Series Choudenshi Bioman. She was the android bodyguard of one of the main villains, Fara.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Mike Leeder said:

Most Hong Kong & Taiwanese films were shot non sync sound until the mid 90's so i don't think you heard her real voice on most of the films in either the Canto or Mando soundtracks as a lo of actors had shall we say 'voice doubles' and apart from Michelle Yeoh doing her English vocal track for Supercop & Supercop 2/Project S Dimension Release, i never heard of any of the actresses doing their English dubs

Some of her Philippine movies you can hear Yukari speaking English and Tagalog and thats her real voice,  she's a lovely lady, great skill set, shot the Hong Kong Legends interview with her and that was the last time i got to spend any proper time with some years back

Thanks for the reply so would it be her actual voice in Angel Mission and Tiger Angels then are there any specific films where she provided her voice for the audio?

• Like 2

Is there any Yukari Oshima memorabilia out there available autographs?, posters of the movies she starred in?,  or anything from her or her movies I'd like to try to add some to my collection if there is any of that available somewhere

• Like 3

It is a shame that Yukari didn't get bigger and better roles she had the talent to play a great villain or a great hero, in my opinion, I've seen photos online of her with Jackie Chan I can only imagine how great a movie starring her and Chan together could have been either Yukari and Jackie Chan as crime-fighting partners together or Yukari as the main villain and Jackie Chan as the hero I can just imagine quite a battle between Chan and Yukari in a final fight involving both of them on opposite sides or even Yukari and Yuen Biao either one I think would be quite the final fight or quite the duo partnering her up with either Jackie Chan or Yuen Biao in a movie had they happened

• Like 6

Cognoscente

I'm surprised that we didn't get to see Yukari in Operation Condor. Her relationship with Frankie Chan and her brief collaboration with Jackie on Outlaw Brothers could have been a stepping stone for her to play maybe a descendant of a Japanese World War general who wants the gold for herself.

• Like 3

After my recent binging of Chinese Wuxia Dramas (often with leading females doing better or worse kickass scenes), I've decided to look around for slightly different stuff.

And here I am - resurrecting Yukari Oshima thread after watching a few flicks with her. Damm, she was amazing, for example her fights in "Book of Heroes" and "Outlaw Brothers" plus the final one in "Burning Ambition". Really high level of legit skills and athleticism (I guess it goes together), plus just a right level of gymnastics sprinkling here and there (which I personally love).

Also, does anyone have any idea what's the title of this movie? I couldn't find any info about this one.

Edited by Whoishe
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whoishe said:

, does anyone have any idea what's the titles of this movie? I couldn't find any info about this one

I believe it's Dreaming the Reality.

• Like 3

actionfan93
6 hours ago, Whoishe said:

After my recent binging of Chinese Wuxia Dramas (often with leading females doing better or worse kickass scenes), I've decided to look around for slightly different stuff.

And here I am - resurrecting Yukari Oshima thread after watching a few flicks with her. Damm, she was amazing, for example her fights in "Book of Heroes" and "Outlaw Brothers" plus the final one in "Burning Ambition". Really high level of legit skills and athleticism (I guess it goes together), plus just a right level of gymnastics sprinkling here and there (which I personally love).

Also, does anyone have any idea what's the title of this movie? I couldn't find any info about this one.

definitely Dreaming the Reality

• Like 2