For popsjnr

rdenn

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo chunky

thats what its all about...loved those animal shapes with Auntie's bro and random bootman....thought I caught a glimpse of Lau Kar Yung in there too...

Good find mate....how u doing these days??

Unfortunate surname....I will try to resist saying "it's amazing how hard that Kok was!!!...." ooops!

Seem to recall him being villain in the Real Kung Fu series....letting off ruffhouse Mantis against San-Ta's Tit Sin Kuen-work.

Reel Power Stunts

Kok (or Kwok)is actually a really decent martial artist who has never been given the level of exposure on film which I think he deserves. His official biography says he entered the entertainment business in a mid-80's TVB talent contest. The fact is, in not-quite-honest-HK- entertainment-style, TVB sometimes uses such "competitions" to "discover" and promote talents they already had on their radar. In reality, Derek can be seen as a stuntie in your favourite film, "8 Diagram Pole Fighter".

In blue:

derek8.jpg

Wearing two costumes in same scene of ILOD4:

ilod.jpg

Another talent, better known for his acting than kung fu skills, who gets more TV than film fighting exposure is Ng Tin-yip ( 吳廷燁 ).

They wouldnt be the first good martial artists to be passed by in the HK movie industry...would they??

It's sad that someone with the level of mr Kok, only gets to show his skills on TV...I remember him in ITLOD4, being wasted by Yuen Yat Chor and Cynthia Khan in that little fight scene with the spanners tied together....wasted also coz he does f**k all...brandishes that balisong then gets twatted...

Who would have guessed he had those skills with his boot....or his sick shaking Crane work.

There was definitely some hard Kok on display there....I loved it when San-Ta was getting touched by Kok....Too much Kok work there....some serious Kok action going on...

OpiumKungFuCracker
im cool popsjnr still obsessed with this genre :xd: here is derek kwok in kung fu master with santa

x-klyrOs-Z0

Is this the one with Donnie Yen??

Unfortunate surname....I will try to resist saying "it's amazing how hard that Kok was!!!...." ooops!

Seem to recall him being villain in the Real Kung Fu series....letting off ruffhouse Mantis against San-Ta's Tit Sin Kuen-work.

Yeah, that's true. He was pretty good in that series.

This feels like an british thread. What is a pops, a santa, a ruffhouse mantis?

Show the picture Markgway...

OpiumKungFuCracker
no different one donnies version is the atv version.

Cool any idea where I can find this online to buy/rent/own???

Archived