Killer Clans - IVL

Skepparkrans

I tried to watch Killer Clans, the IVL verson, eyasterday but i stumbled upon a issue with the subtitles.

Ever so often the subtitles showed to times, i dont kow how to describe it, but the subtitle line would disappere and then reappear, the exact same line..

Anyway, is this a known problem on the IVL disc, or is it just my bad luck?

This problem totaly made me loose focus on the movie and i strongly consider replace my disc to the DD version....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I noticed this on the IVL version too---can't remember if this was the case on a few of the early IVLs or just this one. I believe this was one of the first two or three Shaw movies put out by Celestial. I don't double-dip on titles very often, but this is one of my favorite Chor Yuan movies, and the DD version is anamorphic while the IVL is not---DD version looks very good.

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking forward seeing this so now i got to order the DD version, ill do it right away :bigsmile:

This is the first IVL disc that i have seen with these subtitle error,

So maybe it is best to stay away from any IVL discs released in 2003, or did they have the same problem even after the first year of releasing shaws?

instant noodles

Was there commentary track or some interesting extra featurs in ivl?I had disc years ago but sold it coz had thai release too and did not need 2.

I remember one guy wanted it badly but by then movie was unseen for me, just another title in shaw tower waiting to be seen.

Great movie, though not directors best.

instant noodles
instant noodles >> The Extras on the IVL is trailers and a interview with Bey Logan.

Thx, I guess guy wanted it for interview

I noticed the double subtiles on a few different titles. A bit distracting butI can work past it.

Killer Clans and Death Duel are the 2 movies that made me really like the Gu Long adaptations as much as I like Fu Sheng and Venoms movies. :cool:

Archived