Will Jet Li ever make good action films again?

DiP

You see, I quite liked Meltdown - that's High Risk right? It's one cheaky movie!

I know many people probably wouldn't agree with me. I just thought the movie was too wacky in a bad way. Jackie Chung? Come on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch
This is a very lively thread and because of it I just ordered Dragon Dynasty's: The Enforcer. It was one of my favorites as a kid. And Jet Li has made a few bad films like Meltdown and am I the only one on here who didn't like Warlords?

I thought The Warlords was OK to good when I first watched it. I liked the scope of the project, but did not always go for the plot. Though for any real criticism and/or praise of the film I would need to rewatch it.

I liked High Risk, but more for escapist fare. I wonder if a tolerance for Wong Jing is needed for this :).

I think High Risk is a good example of what i mentioned earlier, its not a bad action film, i quite like it myself but jet's talent is totally wasted in it. Jet has one very brief hand to hand fight (where is doubled for anything difficult) and the main fight of the film is done by jacky cheung. They even had billy chow as the main villain.

instant noodles
I think High Risk is a good example of what i mentioned earlier, its not a bad action film, i quite like it myself but jet's talent is totally wasted in it. Jet has one very brief hand to hand fight (where is doubled for anything difficult) and the main fight of the film is done by jacky cheung. They even had billy chow as the main villain.

High risk is ok, I do not rate it extremely high but have seen lot worse. Bodyguard of beijing is about same quality, entertaining but it would have been better if main villain been introduced lot earlier. Mercenary has great fighting skills but used far too late.

My father is a hero is prolly my fav of jet li which is set in modern times.

High Risk is a guilty pleasure of mine, I think it's very funny, and personally think it's way better than Bodyguard. I saw some of the fights from My Father is a Hero the other day and I had completely forgotten how much they undercranked the end fights. Always liked Born to Defend and The Master because those films have more of a hand to hand aspect than most of Jet Li's filmography and probably Dragon Fight, too.

instant noodles

Dragon Fight is very good, I watched it again few weeks ago. It demands proper dvd release.

Black Mask I did not like one bit tho...I know some rate it very high but it`s just not my kind of movie.

Archived