Mr. Nokia (2012) - Telugu Action Film

AlbertV

mrnokia.jpg

Twitch:

We're used to seeing crazy action coming out of India at this point, at least I hope I've shown you some memorable stuff, however, it is all usually pretty goofy. From the look of this trailer, upcoming Telugu film Mr. Nokia shares more with the southeast Asian style of crazy stunt work than the typical Indian film. This trailer is EXTREMELY hyper, but I think that it works, though I'm not sure how well they can maintain that pacing through the film.

Mr. Nokia stars Manoj Manchu, son of Telugu film star Mohan Babu, who looks like he's trying to up the ante on Indian stunt work as many of the crazier shots in this trailer are clearly him. Manoj was last seen in the critically acclaimed Telugu film Vedam, which, despite being released over a year ago theatrically, has only just now come to home video. Manoj is credited in the trailer with "Stunts & Thrills", which is actually not all that uncommon in Indian action cinema, but in this case, it looks like it might actually live up to the name!

I have very little faith that this will open outside of Andhra Pradesh, and even less faith that it will be subtitled on the odd chance that it escapes India. So, unfortunately, unless I magically get a screener, it could be a while before I actually see how the film turns out. This looks like one that could be more than a few great sequences, though. I'm thinking positive, even though the director's previous film, a sci-fi picture called Drona, absolutely tanked and is an embarrassment to everyone involved. Call me an eternal optimist.

Oh, and before you ask me, I don't know what "No Caption, Only Action" means, either.

MR. NOKIA opens April 3rd, so hopefully there is more awesome footage to come.

See the trailer at Twitch

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived