Bruce Lee UK Blu Rays

shukocarl

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cine Asia seem more intent on releasing the DVDs yet again, no news on Blu ray, perhaps they cannot get decent masters or its cost prohibitive, who knows.

funny enough, you never know what Fortune Star gives you... the French Bluray Set for Bruce Lee has BIG BOSS as a lousy SD Upscale, whereas the HK Disc was Real HD... FIST OF FURY is a totally different Master with more cropping on all sides and completely different Colours. and Credits Sequence upscaled from SD. WAY OF THE DRAGON is all SD Upscaled again, looking even uglier than the HK Blu Ray.

Interesting info Spannick. I want to get the German Blu ray of Big Boss as its supposed to be a good transfer and it has original mono , at least on the English dubbed track anyhow.

yeah the Video is okay, but the Audio is botched. they inserted all Fight Scenes from the laughable 7.1 Cantonese Dub Print into the German / English Audio. no Mono there in the Scenes in question.

i'd avoid that piece of crap.

Guest Markgway

Crazy as it sounds best chance we have for good quality BDs is if they're released by the likes of Cine Asia who appear to have no interest in the matter. No idea who has the US rights these days. You'd think Bruce Lee BDs would've been among the first titles any company would release.

Do all blurays of The Big Boss have the horrible dark green tinge to everything?

Yeah I noticed that too, colours look all wrong!

Guest Markgway

The French BD looks much better. One would assume the more natural colour palette is accurate. Now if only we could get that transfer with Mandarin mono and decent English subs. Cine Asia, are you listening...?

Speaking of Cine-Asia, I've just noticed that they re-issued both BIG BOSS and GoD this week:

BIG BOSS:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Boss-DVD-Bruce-Lee/dp/B0067LXQCU/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b

GoD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Death-DVD-Bruce-Lee/dp/B0067LXQCK/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b

Not sure if they are just re-issues of the HKL releases or if there's any new stuff on them.

HONG KONG JAPAN ARE POOR :sad::sad::sad:

GERMAN IS GOOD :wink:

FRENCH AT MOMENT IS THE BEST :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

i HAVE ALL THREE BOX SET IN COLLECTION

NOW I attend the single version made in spain . They have a great artworks covers. :tongue::tongue:

Do any of the above have original mono sound as opposed to AWFUL 7.1 with added sound FX? If not then none are good.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I still don't understand why they just don't add the original mono in the Bruce Lee Blurays??? I mean how much GB can a bluray disc hold like 50GB??

French were given "Original" Mono (which are on the BlurayS) and they are all downmixes of the remixed Crap. if there are folks in charge who have no clue and don't care nothing will change.

I still don't understand why they just don't add the original mono in the Bruce Lee Blurays??? I mean how much GB can a bluray disc hold like 50GB??

I've been saying this for the longest: companies are jipping consumers by not utilizing the GB space.. They originally advertsed this format speaking of the space it could use and how much content would be stored;special features, comentaries, and audio formats. Rarely have they delivered. American releases are the worst. Recently they've been releasing bare-bones blu rays! Ridiculous!

Archived