What ELSE (other than KUNG FU) has everyone been watching?

Guest kenichiku

Watched:

FISTS OF BRUCE LEE - Bruce Li as Interpol agent disguised as electronics expert to stop two gangs from possessing a list of Triad members. Cruddy story, but nice fights, especially Li against Bruce Cheung and Robert Kerver.

COME DRINK WITH ME - a true classic swordplay film IMO. Cheng Pei-Pei and Yueh Hua were terrific on screen as Golden Swallow and Drunken Cat and the fight scenes had a great pre-tension build up. Chan Hung-Lieh reminded me of a wuxia version of the Joker with his pale face.

THE YOUNG MASTER - One of Jackie's best IMO. A nice fluid combination of comedy and kung fu with the climax showcasing Grandmaster Hwang In-Shik's hapkido and Jackie's brand of taking punishment on screen.

CHOCOLATE - Jeeja Yanin was great as Zen, the autistic girl who uses martial arts to get money owed to her dying mom. One of the best Thai action films IMO.

NEVER BACK DOWN - this to me is one of those movies that I had to watch a few times to really appreciate it, and the fight scenes were not too bad for Hollywood. Of course, the stunt team would work again with Sean Faris in the godawful KING OF FIGHTERS film. I would like to see them work with perhaps Cam Gigandet again down the road or Dijmon Hounsou.

THE MASTER Way worse than I remember from my old VHS (non dub) copy. The end fight with Jet Li and Jerry Trimble makes it worth a watch. Terrible English dub too.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Watched:

COME DRINK WITH ME - a true classic swordplay film IMO. Cheng Pei-Pei and Yueh Hua were terrific on screen as Golden Swallow and Drunken Cat and the fight scenes had a great pre-tension build up. Chan Hung-Lieh reminded me of a wuxia version of the Joker with his pale face.

Love that movie!!!

ShaOW!linDude
Yesterday I went thru all 3 Lord of the Ring movies (the biggie extended editions). A bit tired today LOL

Your Couch Potato Kung Fu style must be good!!!!:tongue:

Last night I watched SHOWTIME starring Robert De Niro, Eddie Murphy, And Rene Russo. I forgot how funny that movie is.

Your Couch Potato Kung Fu style must be good!!!!:tongue:

Last night I watched SHOWTIME starring Robert De Niro, Eddie Murphy, And Rene Russo. I forgot how funny that movie is.

The blizzard we got here brought out my inner fu couch potato style :tongue::xd:

ShaOW!linDude

S.W.A.T.

Starring: Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell. For some reason (lots of them actually) I love this movie. Watch every year or so.

DeathFuMaster

Finally got around to getting Undisputed III, been on my want list for a while. Now Im pretty sure I have every Adkins/Florentine release.

DeathFuMaster

I started watching the Blue Dragon anime series...its a little childish at times, but I love Akira Toriyama's art enough to tough it out.

Been watching our 4-DVD set of classic cartoons. 350 cartoon classics over 40 hours long. My kids love watching these classics including Superman, Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, Gabby, Betty Boop, Little Lulu, Little Audrey, Mr. Piper, Clutch Cargo, Hoppety Hooper, and others. Got it for $5.00 at Wal-Mart.

Watched A TOUCH OF ZEN, the 3-hour King Hu swordplay epic. Great film...took two days to watch it, but was worth it. Hsu Feng at her best with Han Ying-Chieh as the lead villain. Sammo Hung played one of Han's bodyguards.

Watched RING OF DEATH, a made-for-TV MMA flick starring Johnny Messner as a FBI agent undercover in prison to expose the evil warden (Stacy Keach) promoting death fights over the Internet for big time gamblers.

masterofoneinchpunch
...Watched A TOUCH OF ZEN, the 3-hour King Hu swordplay epic. Great film...took two days to watch it, but was worth it. Hsu Feng at her best with Han Ying-Chieh as the lead villain. Sammo Hung played one of Han's bodyguards.

Which DVD release did you watch? Is there a good release of it? I've only seen the Tai Seng version and it certainly is lacking. Beautifully shot film though.

ShaOW!linDude

I've viewed these over the last few days while wrapping presents late at night as the kids were sleeping.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith --- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie. I like this movie. Good action with some really funny lines. I just hate that it fomented the creation of "Brangelina". (It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!)

Operation: Endgame ---- Rob Corddry. Ellen Barkin, Ving Rhames. If you've not seen this.......see it. (I DVRed it to watch.) It's pretty wild and has both subtle and not-so-subtle humor in it. It's got some pretty good action, too. I was surprised. My only qualm: profanity overkill. (Okay, I get it, you know how to swear. Sheesh! Buy a dictionary already!)

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid --- Steve Martin, Rachel Ward, Carl Reiner. B & W comedy with Martin acting in interspersed scenes with the actors from classic movies. I'd forgotten how funny this movie is. It has some of the best lines, especially the needlepoint adages Martin's private investigator keeps in his office. Rachel Ward is smoking hot even in b & w. I've got to look for the dvd of this. Already I'm wanting to watch it again.

Which DVD release did you watch? Is there a good release of it? I've only seen the Tai Seng version and it certainly is lacking. Beautifully shot film though.

My job only has the Tai Seng version so I watched it. Took me 2 nights to see it.

Just got done watching MUSA: THE WARRIOR (all-region HK DVD from Modern). Never seen it until this morning and absolutely loved it! Jung Woo-Sung was great as the "slave" who helps protect Zhang Ziyi in 1375 by Mongols led by Yu Rong-Guang. Love the "love triangle" that exists between Zhang, Jung, and Joo Jin-Mo, who plays General Choi. Jung Doo-Hung was great as action director showcasing some nice fancy weapons work.

Watched MASTER Q 2001 the other night, thinking my kids would like it as they saw MASTER Q: PET DETECTIVE AGENCY and I was right. They loved this CGI/live action film especially the antics of Potato and Master Q when they take on a group of Triad thugs in a playground. Real-life couple Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung play forbidden lovers (he a cop, she the daughter of a congresswoman) who get amnesia and he is mistaken for the Triad boss' son. There is a cameo by the very man who created Master Q, Alphonse Wong, who plays himself in the film. Really funny at times.

Been watching TENSOU SENTAI GOSEIGER (TV-Nihon has the series with English subs.) I'm up to episode 25 and they have up to 44. The series is getting really good (they are fighting the 2nd wave of villains and have upgrades to become the Super Goseigers) and I can't wait to see the annual team up film with the Shinkengers.

Watched A CHRISTMAS STORY and THE SANTA CLAUSE, plus Boomerang had a lot of old school X-Mas cartoons from "Christmas comes to Pac-Land" (1983) to "A Flintstone Family Christmas" (1993). Brought back major memories.

Robin Hood (2010)

Both Scott & Crowe have made some great flix BUT this ain't one of them! What a major disappointment. Lackluster tale -- feeble acting -- just a lame piece.

Goldfinger (1964)

Best Connery Bond? Maybe....

Rome (2005)

Continuing with Season 2. Wish they had made more of this. Great stuff.

U Turn (1997)

Rewatch. Great tale by the master O. Stone. Phenomenal cast. Billy Bob is hilarious.

Caught up with some holiday flix....

The Family Man (2000)

Nic Cage in an alternate reality. Love this one.

Christmas Vacation (1989)

Best of the trilogy. Chevy Chase is one funny dude.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

Favorite film of all time. Never gets old.

Die Hard (1988)

Not exactly a Christmas tale but haven't watched this one in a while. Still entertains.

Haven't watched much of the fu lately.

Tried watching The Shaolin Brothers and The Shaolin Drunken Monk but couldn't finish either one.