What ELSE (other than KUNG FU) has everyone been watching?

Guest kenichiku

Last night I watched:

Bored to Death (latest episode)

Inglorious Basterds

Repo Man

Eating Raoul

Feast 2

Garbage Pail Kids The Movie

I loved it. I actually feel kinda guilty it took me so long to finally watch it now. Its been on my radar for at least 8 years or so and I never got around to it.

Just Watched:

Funny People

An American Werewolf in London

New episode of Southpark

New episode of Community

I know this is the Whats been watched thread and not the what will you be watching thread but Im going to lie down and throw these films on back 2 back so this is what I will be watching tonight. That is unless I pass out.

The Gate

The Gate 2: Trespassers

The Fist of the North Star (original anime movie)

Just finished: (all LD's)..all movies seen for the first time

Wheels on Meal (I MUST own that van lol)

Dragon the Bruce Lee Story

Bride with White Hair

Today I rented

Last House on the Left (Unrated remake of the Wes Craven original) - a few changes but pretty gory at times

Punisher: War Zone...I really liked this...this is what a Punisher movie should look like.

Punisher: War Zone...I really liked this...this is what a Punisher movie should look like.

Highly enjoyed the 2004 Punisher flick but have yet to see this one. Will put on the list.

Recent flix include...

Ghost Rider (2007)

Decent special effects but not worth a second viewing.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Ughhh... how long did Lucas-Spielberg-Harrison work on getting this right? Way too much CGI. # 3 w/ Connery still the best.

Zatoichi and the Chess Expert (1965)

Decent enough but seen better Zatoichi flix.

Collateral (2004)

Much, much better on the second viewing.

Challenge Of The Lady Ninja (1983)

Love Lee Tso Nam. Love Chen Kuan Tai. Did not love this flick. 10 minutes and it hit the trash!

Buck Privates Come Home (1947)

Always a good time with the boys!

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)

Ok, not a movie but still a must-see every Halloween. :bigsmile:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)

Ok, not a movie but still a must-see every Halloween. :bigsmile:

I totally agree. Gotta find my tape with these movies so I can watch them this week:

The Wolf Man - the Lon Chaney Jr. classic

I Was a Teenage Werewolf - Michael Landon's big screen debut as the monster

The Werewolf - radioactivity turns a man into a werewolf

Yes, I'm a werewolf-aholic LOL

Also got Big Bad Wolf, which came out a few years back....very strange.

Last weekend on Syfy, they gave Wolvesbayne, which was not too bad. It starred Jeremy London as a greedy real estate developer who turns into a werewolf and uses his new powers to take on a band of evil vampires led by...Mark Dacascos!!!!! Yes, sounds cheesy, but I said not too bad because I know what I was expecting for this type of film.

Silver Roc - I mean... Golden Swallow.

Not bad, with some really awesome moments and scenes (and cool visual composition & stylization) though overall it doesn't hold together *particularly* well.

An okay film, but it's not going to be my favorite late 1960s CC (Have Sword, Will Travel and The Assassin still stand undefeated...;-))...

Code Monkeys S02E07 and S02E08

Blood: The Last Vampire (Live Action)

John Waters' Mondo Trasho

John Carpenters Dark Star

Uncharted: Eye of Indra #1

Blood: The Last Vampire (Live Action)

I just finished watching this myself...while some will be turned off by the CG blood effects, this is definitely a decent made adaptation of an anime. I liked it and Gianna Jun was pretty good as Saya...plus Yasuaki Kurata (w/ white hair and beard) was good as Saya's mentor seen in flashbacks...has a pretty good sword fight against demonic ninjas. Compared to Dragonball: Evolution, this movie blows Dragonball away out of the water and beyond...only problem I had aside from the CG effects (I withstood the wirework w/ the fact that this is adapted from a horror anime) was maybe the finale was just a little rushed. Other than that, I felt it's worth at least a rental.

Totally agree! One of my favorite comic book movies. Too bad it did so poorly in the theaters and is generally thought of as a bad B-Movie.

I just finished watching this myself...while some will be turned off by the CG blood effects, this is definitely a decent made adaptation of an anime. I liked it and Gianna Jun was pretty good as Saya...plus Yasuaki Kurata (w/ white hair and beard) was good as Saya's mentor seen in flashbacks...has a pretty good sword fight against demonic ninjas. Compared to Dragonball: Evolution, this movie blows Dragonball away out of the water and beyond...only problem I had aside from the CG effects (I withstood the wirework w/ the fact that this is adapted from a horror anime) was maybe the finale was just a little rushed. Other than that, I felt it's worth at least a rental.

When I watched the beginning I thought hey this film doesnt look so bad. Then I started noticing the cheap CGI blood effects and just felt that it really unbalanced the film as a whole. I endured through some cheap plot and found that the flashback scene to the mentor fight was easily the best part in the film and after that the film kept up a momentum with the truck fight and the finale which was pretty cool on a videogame dream level. I agree with you that it did feel kind of rushed but the final moment was pretty neat. I cant say I can truely recommend this to anyone seeing as there are millions of movies in this world but if you ever run across it and do throw it up against the dragonball movie (which I havent seen) then I say check it out. Im not sure how Id feel if I rented/bought the film as opposed to just downloading it... maybe my reaction would have been more negative if it wasnt free.

drunkenmaster

With Halloween creeping up on us I've been watching a lot of horror films. So far over the past few weeks I've watched:-

Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps Unleashed

Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning

Dog Soldiers

The Descent

Hardware

Pet Semetary

Shaun Of The Dead

Zombie Flesh Eaters

The Fog (Original)

odioustrident

I have not enjoyed any horror film from the last 10 years more than I have enjoyed all 3 Ginger Snaps titles. Why isn't there more like this out of Canada? Before Halloween I'd like to see:

Happy Birthday to Me (any good?)

Trick R' Treat

Cronos

I end up doing a Halloween viewing of Friday the 13th Part 4 about every other year. I'm sure the trend will continue. :smile:

Shaolin Temple with Shu Feng(all the royal family are killed apart from the prince who was hit by a poison dart & the Shaolin monks have the cure), Shaolin Deadly Kicks with Dorian Tan Tao Liang(nothing to do with Shaolin really but it's a about a gang of 8 who steal a treasure map by killing a family & staff, the map is divide with one pieces & Dorian must find & get all the pieces) & Secret Rivals aka The Silver Fox Rivals

i think most people know this one but with John Liu Chung Liang, Don Wang Tao & Hwang Jang Lee(Northern Leg Shao Yi Fei(John) travels to find the man responsible for the death of his parents. Southern Fist Shang Yi Wei(Wang) is a government agent & John & Wang also end up in a tournament.Hwang Jang Lee is the Silver Fox.)