What ELSE (other than KUNG FU) has everyone been watching?

Guest kenichiku

Anyone see this film? It's the uncut HK release I'm speaking of. The film is extremely explicit, and borders on XX.

I'm really surprised at Tony Leung, he seemed to enjoy the benefits of his co-star, however, this film is as racy as Last Tango In Paris was when it was released 30+yrs ago.

I cannot give a review at this time, however, let's just say I've never seen a mainstream actress lick a man's genitals before onscreen, and it's not her own husband.

:eek:

just watched

Fatal Move. wasnt that impressed

prodigal son.classic!!

legend of a fighter. one of my favourite movies

the Victim. cracking movie from start to finish

Guest parker

Wondering if somebody could help me out with tracking down some old obscure taiwan titles. Namely The Chinese Tiger, Seven to One and the tattooed dragon.

If anyone knows a website that I could order them off, that would be much appreciated

Hong Kong Godfather:

Just going thru my stuff and notice that I had a dvdr of this movie:

It stars Leung Kar Yan, Norman Chu, Wang Lung Wei, Shih Kien, Georde Tan, Shum Wai, Pomson Shi, Kong Lung, Chui Suk-Woon.

Directed by Wang Lung Wei.

It is a gangster movie. The Head of the gang (played by Shih Kien of Wong Fei Hung fame) is about to retire & decided to pass the leadership to playboy Lung (played by Norman Chu). There are some others that are not happy about that & decided to do something about it. Norman is attacked by some thugs under the order of

Shum Wai

who turned out to be the betrayer. Shih Kien who showed us a few moves but

who didn't get to fight is killed

by Shum Wai

. Leung Kar Yan daughter is kiddnapped

& later killed during the ensuring fight

. Beardy, Norman & their cop "brother" Kong Lung decided to take matters in their own hand. This is where the mayhem starts. The first 1/3 of the movie is slow at time but the final 1/2 hour is pure insane action. There is very few hand to hand combat in there, just about everyone fights with some sort of a knive. As for the ending of this movie

everyone either gets chopped to death or shot

If you love gangster movie you will like this one - well the later part of the movie.

I wish that this SB movie would get a proper dvd release

Rating Movie - 5/10

End fight - 9/10

Godzilla vs King Kong

Haven't seen this one for quite a while, even then I only caught this one once in my youth, this can almost be considered the WEC of Godzilla movies with plenty of grappling, tail whips and judo throws between the two biggest guys in the Kaiju game. Maybe it was the berry juice Kong was getting stoned off of, but he pretty much got his ass handed to him, but wait, electricity:eek: made Kong stronger at the last round of the fight and it ended with the two rolling off into the ocean in what could only be considered a draw:mad: What ever happened to part two?:P

Cujo Jenkens

I recently watched the Protector(AKA Tom-Yum Goong)

Directed By:Prachya Pinkaew

Stars:Tony Jaa,Petchtai Wongkamlao,Bongkoj Khongmalai

Genre:Martial Arts,Action/Adventure

Year:2005

My Rating: 10 out of 10(almost non-stop action all the way from start to finish)

Cujo Jenkens

Title:The Princess Blade (AKA Shura Yukihime)

Directed By: Shinsuke Sato

Stars:Yumiko Shaku,Hideaki Ito,Yoichi Numata

Genre:Martial Arts,Action/Adventure

Year:2003

My Rating:8 out of 10(It had a few good fight scenes(action directed by Donnie Yen),but thats about it.it seemed to short to me,it says 94 minutes but seemed like 30,i guess it was because it only had like 3 fight scenes).

and

Title:High and Low(AKA Tengoku to jigoku)

Directed By:Akira Kurosawa

Stars:Toshirō Mifune,Tatsuya Nakadai,Kyōko Kagawa

Genre:Thriller,Drama

Year:1963

My Rating:9 out of 10(pretty good movie if you like mysteries and Akira Kurosawa.)

Morgoth Bauglir

I just saw Hapkido. So many big stars in this awesome movie, and so much fighting from all of them. Whang In-sik (what a great role for him! as a good guy!!), Sammo, Carter Wong, Bruce Leung... Everybody is great in this movie. And after seing this, I think that Whang In-sik is just as good of a kicker as Hwang Jang Lee, maybe even better. i have always put him right at the top of the list of the very best kickers, but I have even more respect for him now. His jumping kicks are amazing. And he's so fast! shame he wasn't in more movies. I think he did a bunch of stuff in Korea in the 70's that I haven't heard of. I would love track those movies down one day.

Morgoth Bauglir

Some more that I watched in the last few days-

TAI CHI 2- there's a lot of good things about this movie. Tons of fighting, and good roles for Wu Jing, Lau Shun (I always love to see this guy :D ), Billy chow (with one of his best kicking performances, maybe the best), Darren Shahlavi (great kicking from him too), Yue Hoi, Mark Cheng, and Gai Chun Wa. Sadly, Woo Ping goes overboard with the wirework. Good movie, and there are some great kung fu exchanges (especially in the fight between Yue Hoi and Wu Jing), but it could have been so much better without the wires and trick shots. Some good stunt doubling though.

FROM CHINA WITH DEATH- I remember hating this when I first saw it, and my opinion hasn't changed. Far from the worst basher I've seen, but that's because I've seen a ton of extremely bad ones. If Wu Ma would have chosen someone else besides himself for the starring role, I probably would have liked it more. I hate it when a lead actor doesn't have good kf skills, but the director tries to make it seem like he does. Henry Yu is good, and I always enjoy seeing Sek Kin, even though he's not exactly one of the best fighters around. But he's still got some skills, even though he's like 60 years old in this movie.

LION VS LION- another one I decided to revisit after not having seen it in awhile. Just as I remember it, spine tingling choroegraphy, and one of Lo Meng's best fighting roles. Movie could have been better, but hard to complain with all the awesome fights.

BAREFOOTED KID- I was told to get this by a few people when I asked for Ti Lung recommendations from the late 80's and 90's where he has good fighting performances, and I was not disappointed :D. Also nice to see an appearance from the Double Phoenix Chu Tiet Wo. Overall, good movie. i went into it with low expectations, but I liked it a lot. And I really enjoyed Aaron Kwok's performance. Johnnie To usually gets the best out of his cast. And of course I have to mention Lau kar Leung. he also has a big part in making kwok look even better than he normally does.

RED FISTS- not a good movie, but awesome stunts from the stuntmen and Rongguang Yu. Rongguang Yu is such a beast.

BOXER FROM THE TEMPLE- the lead actor Ng Yuen Jun is awesome, as is Kuan Feng of course. and nice to see Lau Hok Nin get a chance to show his full potential as a fighter. Overall not a very good movie, but worth watching for the fights.

besides the italian crime trilogy venom5 sent me, some edgar wallace "krimi" movies, and the obligatory italian zombie films for halloween...i saw the foot fist way...7 times

Morgoth Bauglir

I've seen a ton of really bad reviews for The Foot Fist Way, but I have to think if you've seen it 7 times then you definitely like it :P :p Is it on DVD yet? Judging from the trailer I saw, it looks like if you've ever been in a martial arts class before, then you may like the movie. I swear that guy is exactly like the teacher at the kickboxing school I went to back when I was in highschool. He was one crazy mofo.

... Ti Lung, Maggie Chung (Damn she's so beautiful!), Aaron Kwok.

Remake of Invincible One, directed by Johnny To, is a cut above average, thanks in part to Lung and Chung. Film has a real emotional ending after being somewhat lighthearted early on. The MAs, choreographed by Pops, is ok. I recommend it for any Ti Lung or Maggie Chung fan.

Legend Of A Fighter (1982)- Another great Seasonal Films release. Beardy is phenomenal in the lead. Simply an incredible performance for someone who hasn’t had any formal training. Yasuaki Kurata and Phillip Ko also display impressive skills. In some ways I find it more enjoyable than Fist of Legend.

Ring of Death (1980)- I wasn’t too sure that I was going to like this, but it surprised me. To tell the truth I didn’t have any faith in Cliff Lok playing the lead. Again I was surprised. It was nice to see Shih Kien as one of Cliff Lok’s masters. I would like to see more films with him in, pre and post ETD. Dean Shek plays a bumbling old annoying tai chi master for comedic purposes. There really is no difference than that and roles he played in many Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung films for Seasonal and Golden Harvest. The end fight between Cliff Lok and Hwang Jang Lee is also a sight to behold. Hwang is really a brutal bastard during the tournament scenes. I will definitely have to hunt down my own copy sometime in the future.

The God of Cookery- This being the first Stephen Chow movie that I’ve ever seen. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Is it just me or does Vincent Kok look like a Chinese Drew Carey? Gotta love the “Explosive Pissing Beef Balls”. Every scene with the 18 Brassmen of Shaolin cracked me up, not to mention the Shaolin Abbott “Wet Dream”. Overall I suppose I enjoyed it. Probably more than a fair share of puns/jokes lost in translation. Maybe a proper release with good production notes would help, maybe not.

The 7 Grandmasters- Probably the best Taiwanese movie that I’ve ever watched. This my 2nd Joseph Kuo film. Made 1 year before The Mystery of Chess Boxing and with what it looks like, a bigger budget. All the fights are well choreographed, but some are more interesting than others. Corey Yuen as the weapons master is probably one of the most memorable fights for me. Mark and Jack Long are great as always. The last fight with Lee I Min and Mark Long is fantastic. I was surprised that I even recognized Lung Fei as the first challenger against Jack Long. Guess that’s just one sign that I’ve seen too many Taiwanese martial arts movies. :P Lung Fei happens to be a staple in just about everyone that I’ve seen thus far.

I've seen a ton of really bad reviews for The Foot Fist Way, but I have to think if you've seen it 7 times then you definitely like it :P :p Is it on DVD yet? Judging from the trailer I saw, it looks like if you've ever been in a martial arts class before, then you may like the movie. I swear that guy is exactly like the teacher at the kickboxing school I went to back when I was in highschool. He was one crazy mofo.

If you are training in martial arts you could definitely have a better appreciation for this film, but I thought it was a really fun film, if you can understand the weird humor. I've watched it a few times now. I think there is a DVD out there for sale for it. I got a copy from someone else..

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks for the info bengs. I'll be on the lookout for it.

Drunken Cat I agree God of Cookery isn't that great, but still some really fun stuff in there. My favorite Chow films are Shaolin Soccer, Fight Back to School 1 and 2, Love on Delivery, and All for the Winner. I still have to see Forbidden City Cop, but I've heard from everybody who's mentioned it that it's a great one.

Morgoth Bauglir

I bought and watched a couple movies recently that I hadn't seen since I was in like 4th or 5th grade. Bad Boys with Sean Penn and Class of 1999. Class of 1999 is an odd gem, that I think could have been a great movie. The first half of the movie is abolutely brilliant, in every way. The lead actor I don't recognize, but he gives an amazing performance. The plot involves robot teachers coming into a bad school to clean it up. It is kind of a mix of the Jim Belushi movie The Principal, and Terminator. The first half of the movie is perfection, but the second half gets too cheesy, but still fun to watch.

Bad Boys is a great movie, that is if you like dramas. The dialogue kept me interested all the way through. The only scene I remembered clearly from when I saw it as a kid was the pop can scene. Such a great scene. I don't want to give anything away in case you haven't seen this movie, so all I will say is that it involves pop cans, and it is very brutal.

ONE, TWO, THREE (1961)

8/10 - Best Cold War-era comedy next to DR. STRANGELOVE from gifted writer-director Billy Wilder. Screen legend James Cagney, in one of his final roles portrays the head of Coca-Cola's West Berlin headquarters where he gets mixed up in a screwball situation involving his boss's daughter, her spontaneous marriage to an overzealous East-German Bolshevik wannabe, and efforts to get relocated to London. Spitfire comedic dialogue delivered masterfully (especially by Cagney in a career highlight), numerous running gags and biting satire that seamlessly pokes fun at Communism, Nazis, Confederates, and Capitalism alike makes this an extremely fun movie. Thanks to sophisticated handling by Wilder, the film holds up well today despite its dated references to everything from Groucho Marx to Vladimir Krustchev. I highly recommend this film to fans of the Marx Brothers and Mel Brooks. Speaking of, I'd wager that Brooks took considerable inspiration from this film when he put together another one of my favorite '60s-era comedies THE PRODUCERS. There are quite a few similarities such as the bombshell secretary, Nazi jokes and the overall screwball tone of Brooks' dialogue.

In this film Cagney delivers one of my new all-time favorites lines that will keep me laughing for a long time. "Put your pants on Spartacus."

26_xhQBU3gA

I bought a Jet Li Double Feature at Wal Mart the other day..

Romeo Must Die

Cradle 2 the Grave

I like Jet Li pretty well, and have Martial Arts of Shaolin,One Upon a Time in China, and Legend of the Swordsman..

Both movies have some great fight scenes/stunts....

Romeo must die has a pretty cool fight scene on the side of a house where the daughter of the black mob lives that Jet becomes involved with..

In the opening part of Cradle 2 the Grave, Jet is on top of a 20 story building, and drops down several floors swinging from balcony to balcony... I thought it was a pretty creative stunt...

While the new movies have better effects/clarity, sound... I still prefer the the cruder old school movies...

I like new action films, just prefer older martial arts movies..

Went and saw Coraline in 3d the other week, good movie, not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas but better than Corpses Bride, the 3d wasn't all to impressive, seems to be the new thing in hollywood these days.

Once were Warriors - I saw this a long time ago and rewatched it the otherday, this movie hits you in the face with a cold hard dose of reality , it's simply a brillant movie with no apologies.

Te Damned United ....F***ing Brilliant Michael Sheen

The Good the Bad and The Ugly....ditto

The Beyond....not bad

Quantum of Solace....so so

2010...so so