What ELSE (other than KUNG FU) has everyone been watching?

Guest kenichiku

2 hours ago, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

My mom adored Charlton Heston for many years, so her enjoyment filtered down to me.  I grew up with Charlton in Planet of the Apes, Omega Man and Soylent Green and more recently Ten Commandments and the other epics.  :smile

@BusAttack The Block was fun. 

2 hours ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

So many good films from him.  I grew up with that trifecta of Charlton sci-fi films (I always recommend those three).  On a side-note: I have a signed first edition (Easton Press) copy of Beijing Diary from Heston (I still need to read it; expensive books make me nervous to read; though this is less expensive than some of the HK books :D.)  I'm a big Ben-Hur fan.  The next unwatched Heston film for me will either be Will Penny or Three Violent People.

Will Penny is a decent Western and a bit different in it's own way. It features a great cast of character actors too. One of the few Heston films I have on DVD, I need to dig it out for a re-watch. The Warlord is my all time favorite Charlton Heston movie though. He choose the story and the project himself and hated how the studio handled the film. El Cid comes a close second too with one of the most touching movie endings Ive watched.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

masterofoneinchpunch
3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Will Penny is a decent Western and a bit different in it's own way. It features a great cast of character actors too. One of the few Heston films I have on DVD, I need to dig out for a re-watch. The Warlord is my all time favorite Charlton Heston movie though. He choose the story and the project himself and hated how the studio handled the film. El Cid comes a close second too with one of the most touching movie endings Ive watched.

I'll have to get a copy of The Warlord. (great just looked and saw it is a MOD DVD-R release here; I'm a little slow on buying MODs, though I do have a decent sized collection of them)  I too like El Cid with that great ending (which I will not elaborate for those who have not seen it) and great use of extras (using the Spanish army) and is another film in the argument of the overuse of CGI in battle scenes.  On a side note I hope you have seen the next Anthony Mann film The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964) also with Sophia Loren though Heston did not want to work with Loren again and unfortunately the only issue with that film is that Stephen Boyd is no Heston (funny enough Boyd's performance in Ben-Hur is better).

Always fun getting recommendations.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

I'll have to get a copy of The Warlord. (great just looked and saw it is a MOD DVD-R release here; I'm a little slow on buying MODs, though I do have a decent sized collection of them)  I too like El Cid with that great ending (which I will not elaborate for those who have not seen it) and great use of extras (using the Spanish army) and is another film in the argument of the overuse of CGI in battle scenes.  On a side note I hope you have seen the next Anthony Mann film The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964) also with Sophia Loren though Heston did not want to work with Loren again and unfortunately the only issue with that film is that Stephen Boyd is no Heston (funny enough Boyd's performance in Ben-Hur is better).

Always fun getting recommendations.

The Fall Of The Roman Empire was a fixture of Sunday afternoon T.V programming when I was young, so Ive watched it a few times MOOIP. Certainly not up to the same standard as El Cid though.

• Like 1

Supernova (2000) - This was one of those sci-fi movies that was made at the turn of the Millenium that probably fell under the radar because people were still wowed by The Matrix and going to see The Phantom Menace for the tenth time. That, and the movie really isn't very good. It starts out promising, a medical rescue ship receives a distress beacon from a rogue moon located 51 light years away from Earth, whose mining community had been officially abandoned years before. Stranger still, the author of the beacon is an old flame of the ship's doctor (Angela Bassett), whom she had left on Earth years before as well. The ship performs a dimesional leap to the moon, although things don't turn out the way they hoped. The captain (a wasted Robert Forster) dies upon return and the gravity pull of the nearest star destroys the ship's fuel reserves. The crew has the time necessary to recharge the dimensional warp drive plus 11 minutes to get out of there before the star ignites the remaining fuel. Plus there's the whole business with who sent the beacon.

Once they meet up, the movie takes a turn for the worse. The director fails to wring suspense from the plight of our rescue team, and seems more curious about getting the characters into bed with each other than anything else. And there's the business of the alien artifact that the guy being rescued (played by Peter Facinelli, who looks like a prototype for Chris Evans) brings onboard, which has numerous functions which are never explored very well. Waitaminute! A trained space crew who gets into each other's knickers at inopportune moments? An alien device engineered to have simultaneous creative and destructive capacities which are never explained in a satisfactory way? Eventual slasher elements creeping into the final act? Why, this movie was so ripped off by Prometheus! Recommended for people who like The Mentalist or The Craft and want to see Robin Tunney's boobs.

Edited by DrNgor
Added material
  • Like 2

On 29/01/2016 at 3:22 PM, DrNgor said:

Supernova (2000) - This was one of those sci-fi movies that was made at the turn of the Millenium that probably fell under the radar because people were still wowed by The Matrix and going to see The Phantom Menace for the tenth time. That, and the movie really isn't very good. It starts out promising, a medical rescue ship receives a distress beacon from a rogue moon located 51 light years away from Earth, whose mining community had been officially abandoned years before. Stranger still, the author of the beacon is an old flame of the ship's doctor (Angela Bassett), whom she had left on Earth years before as well. The ship performs a dimesional leap to the moon, although things don't turn out the way they hoped. The captain (a wasted Robert Forster) dies upon return and the gravity pull of the nearest star destroys the ship's fuel reserves. The crew has the time necessary to recharge the dimensional warp drive plus 11 minutes to get out of there before the star ignites the remaining fuel. Plus there's the whole business with who sent the beacon.

Once they meet up, the movie takes a turn for the worse. The director fails to wring suspense from the plight of our rescue team, and seems more curious about getting the characters into bed with each other than anything else. And there's the business of the alien artifact that the guy being rescued (played by Peter Facinelli, who looks like a prototype for Chris Evans) brings onboard, which has numerous functions which are never explored very well. Waitaminute! A trained space crew who gets into each other's knickers at inopportune moments? An alien device engineered to have simultaneous creative and destructive capacities which are never explained in a satisfactory way? Eventual slasher elements creeping into the final act? Why, this movie was so ripped off by Prometheus! Recommended for people who like The Mentalist or The Craft and want to see Robin Tunney's boobs.

Great review DrNgor, you might find the following interesting.

This film had a really troubled production which really effected the final version. When Walter Hill had finished shooting the film he was replaced by Jack Sholder who did re-shoots and re-edits. Francis Ford Coppola eventually came on board to re-edit the film again after Sholder. Then after they had finished messing around with the film the MPAA requested further alterations so they could get a  PG-13 rating. By the time they had done the movie Walter Hill had started in 1998 had morphed into something else completely.

Edited by DragonClaws

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
On January 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM, DrNgor said:

LOL... but did it sport anything as funny as the Prometheus geologist who trips and falls face first into the X-Files mutating black oil goo? 

The Dark Crystal - Really dug this movie as a kid and I can say I can still find the same enjoyment out of it as an adult with an even deeper admiration, any plot problems are overridden by the pure technical and artistic genius these people put forth to get this movie made, the forest scene alone is insane, almost like a coral reef out of the water, the  Skeksis are one of coolest monster designs put to film. The making of extra was great too.

Chappie - Was at a friends house when he rented this and threw it on, wasn't planning on watching this and saw Hugh Jackman and Weaver was in it, so I stayed and watch it. I'm glad they cashed the check because this was pure shit. People walking in and out of secured areas with 30 million dollar robots and "God Keys" it made no fucking sense, took me half way through the movie to figure out the protagonists were a couple thieving murders, the robot was as annoying as it gets. Do yourself a favor and watch short Circuit instead, hell watch Short Circuit 2 before this.

Life of PI - When I think I'm about to sign off from Hollywood forever a movie comes along that restores a little faith, Life of PI was a great movie and I really wished I would of saw this in the theater now, seems a lot of people are in the Love it/hate it realm with this film, a lot like The Fountain, the twist was evident and I thought it was awesome, as cultural aware film as it gets and for once I applaud the CG for a job well done.

• Like 3

Filth (2013) Seedy crime film based on the Irvine Welsh novel of the same name. The talented James McAvoy leads the cast as a corrupt Scottish police man desperate to get a promotion. Only he's battling some serious inner demons and suffering from the break down of his marriage. Features a great performance from McAvoy and the supporting cast in this gripping and often dark film that doesn't sugar coat things.

Fury Road (2015) I Watched George Millers action packed post apocalyptic adventure on the small screen for the first time. Like many films this one loses a lot of impact on the smaller screen. The film still packs a big punch though and I continue to notice new things every time I watch it. Tom Hardy did well stepping into Gibson's shoes but I think he needed a little more screen time.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

masterofoneinchpunch
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:02 PM, Tosh said:

...Life of PI - When I think I'm about to sign off from Hollywood forever a movie comes along that restores a little faith, Life of PI was a great movie and I really wished I would of saw this in the theater now, seems a lot of people are in the Love it/hate it realm with this film, a lot like The Fountain, the twist was evident and I thought it was awesome, as cultural aware film as it gets and for once I applaud the CG for a job well done.

This was beautiful at the theater one, one of the best cinematography experiences I have had.  I generally like Ang Lee's films though.   The twist was easy to spot, though it did not bother me too much.  It is the journey that counts.

Prometheus was another one that loses quite a lot (even more) when watched on the small screen, well you pay more attention to the plot and then the holes, but it was pretty astonishing in the theater.

Currently running through both seasons of Martial Law.

Never saw the Early Edition and Walker crossovers, so I'm glad that there was something new to see.

• Like 1

Gates of Hell (1980) - aka City of the Living Dead aka Pavor na Cidade dos Zumbis (Port.) - I finally got up the nerve to sit down and watch this. The story is basic: A Priest in the town of Dunwich kills hangs himself in a cemetery, thus opening the gates to hell. This is seen by a psychic in New York, and after dying and coming back to life, she teams up with a reporter to find the town and close the gates before All Saint's Day. Meanwhile, zombies and the now-undead priest are killing off the town's citizens in extremely violent ways, usually by pulling their brains out their heads. The infamous gut-vomiting scene is disgusting, but the eye bleeding segments made me feel more uncomfortable. The music, photography and atmosphere were top notch, and I felt uneasy going back to my bedroom at 1 a.m. (with everybody sleeping) the night I watched it.

• Like 2

I saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them in the theater twice.  I love the Harry Potter movies and books.  I can't wait for the next one.  I also went to see Almost Christmas about an African American family struggling with the loss of a family member.  It starred Danny Glover and Mo'Nique.

• Like 1

Saw The Ref on Friday again...I have to say I'm going unorthodox and can call this my second favorite Christmas movie (A Christmas Story will always be #1). Denis Leary plays a cat burglar on the verse of retiring when on Christmas Eve, he finds himself kidnapping bickering couple Judy Davis and Kevin Spacey. Then as if that's not bad enough, the family is coming for the holiday so he must pose as their marriage counselor (hence the title) and things go from bad to worse. Love the one-liners and one of the most memorable final lines from Leary regarding Christmas presents.

Also saw the documentary Glory Daze: The Life and Times of Michael Alig. I see this as a companion piece for the 1998 documentary Party Monster (which spawned a 2003 film version starring Macauley Culkin). This film once again highlighted the original Club Kid movement of the mid 80's by Indiana-born Michael Alig, who came to New York City and changed its nightlife after the death of Andy Warhol. In 1997, he pled guilty to the murder of Club Kid/drug dealer Angel Melendez and was given a 10 to 20 year sentence in prison. While the first half gave people who saw Party Monster a refresher in his movement, which revolved around free expression in the city's nightlife, the second half revolved around Alig's time in prison and him receiving the news that he was finally given parole and how he would have to adapt to a completely changed NYC. He was released in May of 2014 and has since followed his parole conditions and is today, a contemporary artist and hopes to get into journalism. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Black Demons (1991) aka Demoni 3 – Disappointing film from Italian schlockmeister Umberto Lenzi, proving that when it came to Italian zombies, nobody could beat Lucio Fulci and that Lenzi was probably better off with violent police movies. I loved the set-up and premise: An American brother and sister, and the latter’s British boyfriend, are on holiday in Rio de Janeiro. The brother is a bit of a prick (and hey, his name is Dick), and would prefer to learn more about Brazilian folk and Afro religions like Candoblé and Quimbanda (better known as black magic or macumba) than to take in the culture that most tourists are content with. He ends up meeting a Pai de Santos, sort of like a priest in these religions, who invites him to a macumba ceremony in an unknown place. Dick records the music from the ceremony with one of those personal recorders that Home Alone 2 made famous, but ends up passing out. He wakes up in his hotel room the next day without much memory of what happened the night before. The three set off for Belo Horizonte, a large city in the neighboring state of Minas Gerais. The car breaks down near a plantation, inhabited by young man named José, his girlfriend Sônia, and the creepy maid, Maria. Maria starts making strange face when she sees Dick, who, on the first evening, goes out to a cemetery in and starts playing the music from the previous evening’s ceremony. Six former slaves-turned-zombies rise from their threadbare coffins and start picking off the six people one by one. Will anybody survive?

Like I said, I liked the way the zombies are created and the change of scenery (especially since I live here in Brazil). I’m sure they actually filmed the movie in Brazil with real Brazilian actors, and the strong accents suggest that Lenzi might’ve filmed in English as well. For a while I thought that the movie would end without giving us any satisfactory character motivations, but the script eventually gives us a few explanations for what happens. There are some moments of eye violence and head splitting for gorehounds, but the gruesomeness is muted compared to the best Fulci zombie-fests. Unfortunately, Lenzi’s direction is so uninspired and bland that what might’ve been a neat alternate-voodoo take on zombiedom becomes a cookie-cutter exercise in a sub-genre that was at the tail end of its Golden Age. The music is also lacking. Lenzi should’ve haggled with Claudio Simonetti of Goblin, who was actually born in São Paulo before his diplomat parents moved to Italy. If not Simonetti, at least Fulci regular Fabio Frizzi could’ve done something more interesting than what we got. In the end, the entire exercise is just kinda ‘blah’.

• Like 2

The Guy from Harlem (Rene Martinez Jr., 1976) - A private investigator from Harlem moves and sets up shop in Miami (because there are too many detectives in NYC) and he takes on two separate but related cases. The first is 24-hour protection of a East African president's wife who is to meet with the U.S. Secretary of State. The second is a woman kidnapped by the same mobster who tried to kill the African first lady. This was a very shoddy attempt in an attempt to prove anyone can make a movie! The action consisted of all fight scenes, but they are so bad that I can't even bring them up on the martial arts thread. The funniest of them has to be the most hilarious counter to an arm grab I have ever seen from our hero as if he does a ballet move and then a chokeout to the opponent that looks more like he is giving CPR to the opponent's neck rather than actual choking out. I've seen little kids staging fight scenes on YouTube that look more like Sammo Hung's style than this!

Oh it gets better! The hero, who learns his position can be compromised, takes his "cases" to the apartment of his current girlfriend and basically kicks her out (she is pissed the second time around) and he proceeds to have his way with the "cases" but they are completely tame compared to most Blaxploitation films...just make out scenes which is okay. This is exactly the type of film you will want to get a bunch of friends and make it your own personal MST3K night! Seriously...

The lead actor of the film would only make this film and one more film in a small role and is now the leader of his own jazz band (Thank God!) but can't blame him. He did his best with the most craptastic material ever written.

• Like 2

Phantasm: RaVager (David Hartman, 2016) - the final installment of the horror film series actually was to have started out as a web series. However, series creator Don Coscarelli and David Hartman decided to make it a full-length feature and if you miss so much as a second of it, you will be extremely confused. Reggie, now hospitalized with dementia, still remembers his battle with the Tall Man and gets help from Mike, who at first doesn't seem too sure of the stories being true....because it is soon revealed that Reggie and the Tall Man are locked in an alternate universe. When Reggie finally awakens in the supposed real world, he learns that the Tall Man has taken over the world due to an alien virus. Along with the real Mike, the returning Jody, and two new people, Jane and Chunk, Reggie is ready to once again wage war against his arch nemesis. Very confusing at times due to the nature that this was supposed to be a web series at first and even has a few flashback scenes from the last film in the series, 1998's Phantasm: OblIVion. There's even an appearance from Kathy Lester's Lady in Lavender and Gloria Henry's tough Rocky from Phantasm III as she returns in a mid-credit sequence. All in all, not a bad finale but like I said, don't miss a second of it or experience confusion. 

The film was dedicated to Angus "The Tall Man" Scrimm, who passed away in January 2016 at the age of 89.

• Like 1

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D (2013) - Sequel to the original film, bypassing the original 3 sequels, plus the remake and its prequel, focusing on the immediate aftermath of the events of that movie, and then the present day. The Sawyers are wiped out by your standard mob of dumb hicks, but one of them leaves behind a baby, who is raised by one of said bumpkins. Jump to the present day, the girl, now in her 20s (slaps forehead), is contacted by a lawyer in Texas who informs her that her biological grandmother has passed on and she is now inheriting the mansion built on the ruins of the old Sawyer estate. She and her friends drive out there to see what the deal is, only to discover that there are more things than Leatherface that her adoptive parents never told her about.

The first two-thirds is your standard slasher film filled with weed-smoking horndog twenty-somethings who can't outrun an overweight man in his 60s/70s (*sigh*). Then the film establishes its own identity in the last act, with some interesting twists at the end, including a fitting credit cookie. The main problem is that the filmmakers don't understand how the passage of time works. Nearly 40 years has passed since the events of the first movie, yet the main character is only in her 20s. Leatherface should be in his 60s or 70s, killing people with a chainsaw attached to his walker. Sheriff Hooper (*shakes head slowly*) should've retired years ago, but is still working. This continuity problem almost reaches Zombie Lake levels of wrong.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 4:24 PM, DrNgor said:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D (2013) - Sequel to the original film, bypassing the original 3 sequels, plus the remake and its prequel, focusing on the immediate aftermath of the events of that movie, and then the present day. The Sawyers are wiped out by your standard mob of dumb hicks, but one of them leaves behind a baby, who is raised by one of said bumpkins. Jump to the present day, the girl, now in her 20s (slaps forehead), is contacted by a lawyer in Texas who informs her that her biological grandmother has passed on and she is now inheriting the mansion built on the ruins of the old Sawyer estate. She and her friends drive out there to see what the deal is, only to discover that there are more things than Leatherface that her adoptive parents never told her about.

The first two-thirds is your standard slasher film filled with weed-smoking horndog twenty-somethings who can't outrun an overweight man in his 60s/70s (*sigh*). Then the film establishes its own identity in the last act, with some interesting twists at the end, including a fitting credit cookie. The main problem is that the filmmakers don't understand how the passage of time works. Nearly 40 years has passed since the events of the first movie, yet the main character is only in her 20s. Leatherface should be in his 60s or 70s, killing people with a chainsaw attached to his walker. Sheriff Hooper (*shakes head slowly*) should've retired years ago, but is still working. This continuity problem almost reaches Zombie Lake levels of wrong.

Yeah that was the one big complaint of TCM3D, the age of protagonist Heather and continuity. On the plus side, I did enjoy the cameos by Gunnar Hansen (as Uncle Boss Sawyer), Bill Moseley (replacing the late Jim Siedow as Drayton Sawyer), John Dugan (who returned 40 years later to play Grandpa Sawyer once again), and Marilyn Burns (as grandmother Verna Carson-Sawyer). 

I saw The Magnificent Seven, the 2016 version with Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Lee Byung-Hun, Vincent D'Onofrio, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, and Martin Sensmeier as the titular group:

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2016/12/23/review-the-magnificent-seven-2016/

Today, my dad and I watched Mechanic: Resurrection
https://worldfilmgeek.com/2016/12/26/review-mechanic-resurrection-2016/

• Like 1

Amour (France/Austria, 2012) [DVD] - 3/5
This is such a highly regarded film that I feel almost guilty not rating it higher. I found the first 40 minutes to be strong, and there are great scenes throughout the film, but ultimately it just couldn't always keep my interest.

There Will Be Blood (USA, 2007) [BD] - 3.5/5
This had a bit of the same problem as Amour: it started strong, but by the time we got to the scenes with Daniel Day Lewis with his brother, I was starting to lose a bit of my interest. Thankfully things get more interesting later again.

Zodiac (USA, 2007) [BD] - 4/5
I somehow managed to avoid seeing this until now. A very well made murder mystery that begins as crime film, but later turns into a character study. Also does great job capturing the era. I have a feeling I might rate this even higher the next time a I see it.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (USA, 2015) [VoD] - 4/5
Ace casting, decent pace and plenty of 'on the edge of your seat' action. Christopher McQuarrie seems to know how to helm action without going overboard with style and CGI. The last 10 minutes and the main villain are slightly underwhelming, but no big deal. The best in the series.

Groundhog Day (USA, 1993) [VoD] - 3.5/5
Pleasant romantic comedy comes with a valuable message, but feels a bit long at 101 min.

The Guest (USA, 2014) [VoD] - 4/5
A certain Swede put it better than I ever could, so let me just quote him on this being like a "John Carpenter movie released for Cannon". A very entertaining, stylish horror/action mash up with a killer soundtrack and enjoyable performances. It also feels less like a tribute to 80s films than a film made by a director who just happened to be born 20 years too late. Oh, and extra points from occasionally resembling Halloween III (which is, of course, a small gem)!

31 (USA, 2016) [DCP] - 3/5
I have a soft spot for Rob Zombie movies - which is kind of odd considering I see nightmares of being trapped in a Texas pub full men in cowboy hats and Dolly Parton performing live. Or perhaps that's exactly why. In any case, this is another solid white trash horror film. It promises torture porn, but actually isn't quite that, which is positively surprising. The film suffers from one terrible part that cuts back and forth between two scenes, one of them full of migraine inducing flashing lights and the other edited in a way that it's hard to tell what's happening (probably to please MPAA). Not Zombie's finest movie by any means, and not terrible original, but pretty good for what it is. Obviously for Zombie fans only.

Jason Bourne (USA, 2016) [Flight] – 1.5/5
While I’ve never been a fan of Greengrass’ Bourne films, this is a complete mess. Not only are the shakycam action scenes impossible the follow, the screenplay is incredibly dumb. The film is filled with super-intelligent agents and assassins who make silly mistakes whenever there is a need for an action scene. Which brings us to the next problem: the action is pure comic book ridiculousness where people walk out without a scratch from situations that even Batman wouldn’t survive. In a superhero film that might be almost ok, but here it looks just incredibly dumb.

• Like 1

X-Men: Days of the Future Past (2014) - I enjoyed this a lot, but almost got an aneurism trying to tie the events of the movie with the earlier trilogy, even before the end.

• Like 1

Besides the ususal christmas suspects like Home Alone, Scrooged, Trading Places, Coming to America etc. I actually got around watching a more recent movie The Accountant.

To make it short I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I love how the movie is executed with a certain stillness and than just explodes with some brutal action. Although probably the last 30 minutes is more or less an allout war. The story while not going into much depth is interesting enough to make it different from other action vehicles. Ben Affleck did a good job and a solid performance by the supporting cast complete the package for a very enjoyable action/drama/thriller. Highly recommended!

• Like 3

hard target 2. Ignoring rather corny set up how our hero ends up to far east, this was pretty good. Unfortunately there is not much to offer when it comes to martial arts fights(Scott kicks few times tho he really has no skilled opponent here), but jungle action is otherwise decent. Pervert from Prison Break is not really material for being lead villain but I have seen often worse and hunters are ok.

Not on par with part 1 but fine enough to worth buying/watching.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

hard target 2. Ignoring rather corny set up how our hero ends up to far east, this was pretty good. Unfortunately there is not much to offer when it comes to martial arts fights(Scott kicks few times tho he really has no skilled opponent here), but jungle action is otherwise decent. Pervert from Prison Break is not really material for being lead villain but I have seen often worse and hunters are ok.

Not on par with part 1 but fine enough to worth buying/watching.

I got this for Christmas and I'm looking forward to watching it. The original didn't feature that much Martial Arts action to say it had Van Damme as the star. Recall friends pointing this out when the original made it to video. That still didnt stop us from watching the film far too many times. We all hoped their would be a sequel with John Woo at the helm.

• Like 2

case of scorpion tail. Now gone member Lady K did not like this much and unfortunately I have to agree her..Plot about crashed plane and life insurance money isn`t that interesting even as there is murderer around. Ending quite unsatisfying too which is extremely bad thing. Neat ending can at least leave fair overall impression but does not happen here..I have very high tolerance even for weaker giallos and I do not say this is bad movie. It`s just there are many superior ones around...

MV5BMTA3MjA3NDIzODJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDMw

• Like 2