Pantyhose Hero (1990) Sammo & Stunt Team At There Best!

Guest Chinatown Kid

It was Yuen Chun Yeung, not Yuen Cheung Yan who helped Sammo out with the action direction. Interesting info otherwise.

Joseph_Kuby

Damn HKCinemagic!:P

I read somewhere that Yuen Chun Yeung was one of the fight choreographers for Armour of God. It was apparently when they were shooting fight scenes with Alan Tam in case Jackie died.

In Jackie's autobiography, Yeung is credit as the second stunt co-ordinator of Armour of God with Lau Kar Wing listed first and Jackie listed third, which always intrigued me as to what his exact contributions were.

Damn HKCinemagic!:P

I read somewhere that Yuen Chun Yeung was one of the fight choreographers for Armour of God. It was apparently when they were shooting fight scenes with Alan Tam in case Jackie died.

In Jackie's autobiography, Yeung is credit as the second stunt co-ordinator of Armour of God with Lau Kar Wing listed first and Jackie listed third, which always intrigued me as to what his exact contributions were.

Perhaps their ideas for the film came from the time when Eric Tsang was director, maybe Jackie just handled the stunt-based stuff (and probably the final fight). We'll never know.

Just rewatched it havent seen it for along time,did sammo get badly hurt from that car stunt ?also is there any version with decent subs? the copy i have there cut off both ends and they disappear when background is white aswell.

Morgoth Bauglir

Whoever doubled Sammo for that stunt can probably still feel the pains from it today. If it was Sammo who did the stunt he would have his face shown clearly.

wasnt clear enough to see if it was him or not,some sources say it was im not sure.

The car stunt in wheres officer tuba always makes me cringe rite at the start arghhh!

Many years ago I came across this "Sammo's Official Russian Fan-club". There was an interview there, it was in Russian, but I translated it with Babelfish. In this interview Sammo claimed that he did that stunt himself. He also said that his famous scar he got when he was a child.

I'll try to find that site again.

Here it is:

http://www.sammohung.ru/asksammo.htm

babelfish translation

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sammohung.ru%2Fasksammo.htm&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

As for the movie, there's a LD-rip floating around which is of VERY good quality. Obviously, the original LD is also good

I'd heard that the stunt put Sammo in traction for a while but I have no clue if he did it himself.

As for the movie, there's a LD-rip floating around which is of VERY good quality. Obviously, the original LD is also good

The LD is definitely better quality than the fullscreen VCD. Thehangman, sounds like you've got a VCD rip.

See if you can seek out a copy of the LD rip (but don't pay Panmedia for it :smile:)

ShaOW!linDude

Hmmm. I'll have to rewatch that portion. It always looked to me like that was Sammo doing the stunt. He was a Fat Dragon hood ornament.

I'd heard that the stunt put Sammo in traction for a while but I have no clue if he did it himself.

The LD is definitely better quality than the fullscreen VCD. Thehangman, sounds like you've got a VCD rip.

See if you can seek out a copy of the LD rip (but don't pay Panmedia for it :smile:)

You gotta link where i could maybe find a copy on net? :wink:

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, I just re-watched Pantyhose Hero specifically the scene of Sammo being hit by the car. I slo-moed it a couple of times to try to tell. I'm up in the air. It could be him but then again maybe not. The POV's of him actually hitting the windshield and edge of the roof might be a double. I definitely think it's him hitting the street and rolling into the parked car though. Hmmm. If I have to make a judgment call..........I'm going to give it to him unless someone else can set me straight.

Dug this out the other night and forgot what great action there was in it, this needs a decent dvd release....here's the end fight....

DgRkul-PbWM

Doubt it. The set in Heart of Dragon was the building site where a big hotel was being built. It was finished before this Pantyhose movie was shot.

The stunt where someone doubling Sammo gets hit by a car in the film is bad-ass.

• Administrator

I really dig this film. The action is superb, and despite it being as un-PC as a film can be, with tons of horrible homophobic jokes, it's juvenille humor still cracks me up. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it's the truth.

It is hard to believe that some of Sammo's really good martial arts flicks never got a DVD release. What gives? Does Warner Brothers (who has PEDICAB DRIVER wasting away in one of their film vaults) own PANTYHOSE HEROES too?

ShaOW!linDude
It is hard to believe that some of Sammo's really good martial arts flicks never got a DVD release. What gives? Does Warner Brothers (who has PEDICAB DRIVER wasting away in one of their film vaults) own PANTYHOSE HEROES too?

Dude, I have this on dvd. Here's a link to it on Amazon. Prices as low as $8.

http://www.amazon.com/Pantyhose-Hero/dp/B000UXW2H6/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1327284948&sr=1-1

• Administrator
Dude, I have this on dvd. Here's a link to it on Amazon. Prices as low as $8.

http://www.amazon.com/Pantyhose-Hero/dp/B000UXW2H6/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1327284948&sr=1-1

Oh, I have it on DVD. But my copy, and every other copy on DVD is a bootleg made from the VCD (or maybe the laser disc or the VHS). They're watchable, but with their fuzzy picture and burned in English and Chinese subs- less than optimal. Still, I appreciate you looking out for me Dude. Much appreciated. :bigsmile:

Reel Power Stunts

"Pantyhose" is one of the Sammo film's WB's bulk bought. So is "Slickers vs Killers".

Have an orignal VCD version bought it in Chinatown years ago, quality was pretty hot.

Son of a gun I think you will find that it's Sammo himself getting totalled by that car, seem to recall him saying in Inside Kung Fu that it was THAT stunt that nearly finished him, he also reckoned this was his best action...

I remember watching this at the Scala cinema in 1991 (I think...), with 500 people blowing whistles and going mad at some of Sammo's finest action choreography. There was that mad stunt where some Hung Gar Ban guy backflipped and posted himself on a concrete column....ouch!! Wish I could have been there to see Fatty explain it...

"I want you to do a flip and slam your nuts into that concrete there..."

Loved the look of disgust when Sammo first sees two guys tongueing each other, least there was no rimming eh?, not PC but it made me laugh and still does...

Classic Fatty modern that sits just behind Pedicab, Condors and Express for his FINEST pub-work...ESSENTIAL VIEWING.

Always rated this one along with slickers (great soundtrack) pantyhose was a nice laserdisc too partial widescreen and subbed, love the fight at the end Alan tam kicking ass!

Not forgetting the opening scene in the woods

Perm suited Samo