Pantyhose Hero (1990) Sammo & Stunt Team At There Best!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah the story wasn't to hot but I have to say the fight choreography was, fast paced and brutal! I own the crappy vhs Tai Seng version with aweful pic quality, full screen, and the subtitles running off the side. :(

Guest The Running Man

Been a while since I have seen it, but I remember enjoying it. Even with the crappy subs I remember laughing quite a bit.

And there's really nothing left to say about the action except that it's Sammo...so.... :D

I got a VCD rip for trade. Actually, I thought it was pretty good. It was funny, action was brutal, finale was great and that car stunt was just awesome. (Sammo claimed that he performed that stunt himself and it put him in a hospital for, like, 8 weeks). Some "politically correct" viewers may be offended by the gay humor, but I found it really funny...Alan Tam looks like a tough guy, unlike his character in AOG.

I'd say, it's the best of Sammo's less known films

Guest luckystars

Agreed. Totally un-PC but this film is quality Sammo for all the plus points listed in this thread.

Sammo has been sailed extremely close to the wind before (Rape scene in Iron Fisted Monk, coarse sexist humor in Slickers vs Killers etc etc) so with that in mind, the plot line and dialogue in Pantyhose Hero can be taken as it is meant, a dark humored comedy with brutal action.

Not for the faint hearted. :)

Guest tigerstyles

the film is a classic even owned a Widescreen LD at one point... its funny fast paced and violent.. a prime example of Sammo at his best as director..

the end fight is up there with other modern day classics

Of Sammo's modern day stuff, it's one of the few movies that I can watch, standalone from the action. It's very funny. Can't say that for many of his movies. Action is hot stuff. I really like the fight against the biker guys outside of the club.

Guest Chinatown Kid

This is one of the few Sammo movies I haven't seen and was hoping to get some opinions or thoughts on it. I've heard it's about 2 cops trying to track down a killer of gay people and the fights in it are pretty good. Is it worth tracking down or is it one to avoid?