The Golden Harvest Filmography (1971-1989)

Guest Markgway

Here's an interesting one.

A Golden Harvest-produced, Robert Clouse-directed horror film called Deadly Eyes (aka The Rats). It even features a scene where rats attack a theater while a Bruce Lee flick is being played.

Shout! Factory (uh oh! lol) is releasing it on Blu-ray early next year.

http://www.cityonfire.com/deadly-eyes-aka-the-rats-blu-ray-dvd-shout-factory-golden-harvest-robert-clouse/

Cognoscente
On 10/31/2013 at 4:51 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

After watching some of the golden harvest movies from the 70's, one of the things that seems to crop up, a la Big Boss, is the slow burn set up. Several of the films all have heroes who basically wait until the last 1 or 2 fights to show their stuff- especially the Himalayan and Manchu Boxer, but there are others. I get that it helps with the drama, and the fights in the Himalayan are really good, but there is a feeling of "get on with it already". I think Tan Tao Liang waits until the last 45 minutes before he throws a spin kick. Anyway, I could be wrong.

It's like foreplay; the more that you want something, the more that you appreciate it.

• Like 1