Snowpiercer (2013) - from the director of THE HOST

AlbertV

This movie is out?

And yeah, Evans has really proven himself to be more than the funny playboy type.

I watched it online. I know a lot of people on this forum are anti-online.. But i refuse to buy a movie before I watch it, and after seeing It last night I can tell you. The day I see it up for pre order, I will be buying it. If you would like to enjoy it please PM me.. Only request I have is.. After you watch it, if you like it. Please purchase it and support it.

• Like 1

This movie is out?

And yeah, Evans has really proven himself to be more than the funny playboy type.

The movie was released in Korea last winter. The Blu-ray and DVD just came out. Limited US release of the original cut and US butchered version aren't out yet.

• Like 1

Noelle Shadow Kick
The movie was released in Korea last winter. The Blu-ray and DVD just came out. Limited US release of the original cut and US butchered version aren't out yet.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

I watched it online. I know a lot of people on this forum are anti-online.. But i refuse to buy a movie before I watch it, and after seeing It last night I can tell you. The day I see it up for pre order, I will be buying it. If you would like to enjoy it please PM me.. Only request I have is.. After you watch it, if you like it. Please purchase it and support it.

Day one bluray for sure. Really creative action scenes and story.

• Like 1

With Blu-ray movies, North, Central, and South America, Korea, Japan and most of Asia (minus China) are region 1.

Also, all discs are encoded with the same video standard regardless off country/region so no worrying about NTSC or PAL.

However, region free Blu-ray players are rarer to come by than region free DVD players. Most are modded using hardware that is soldered on.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm pissed off that this movie didn't get a proper distribution like last year when this film was suppose to come out? This would have been a top 10 movie easily. But no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to bootlegged this and that's the last thing I want to do when I seriously want to support a film like this. Is there a way to contact Weinstein company and take over the job? I think I could do a hell of a better job than those two fat shit heads.

• Like 1

I'm pissed off that this movie didn't get a proper distribution like last year when this film was suppose to come out? This would have been a top 10 movie easily. But no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to bootlegged this and that's the last thing I want to do when I seriously want to support a film like this. Is there a way to contact Weinstein company and take over the job? I think I could do a hell of a better job than those two fat shit heads.

i want to support it also!! im still going to buy it day 1 i see it on R1

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Only 4 pages worth of discussion, really guys? This is an amazing film.

I'd love to be discussing it, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm certainly looking forward to it though.

Have you guys watched this director's earlier films? I'm sure a lot of you have seen THE HOST, and maybe even MOTHER. But his MEMORIES OF MURDER is simply fantastic! It gets a 10 out of 10 from me. I'd also recommend ANTARCTIC JOURNAL, and even more so, the odd, darkly funny BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE. Everyone I've ever lent it to has loved it.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
Only 4 pages worth of discussion, really guys? This is an amazing film.

4 pages is pretty good considering Korea has arguably the most consistantly high quality output in Asia at the moment, but most movies posted in the Korean forum hardly get past 1 - 3 posts.

• Like 1

Saw this last night. An amazing film.

Perfect example of a great story, flawless pacing and a divine mix of drama and violence!

Loved it. And OpiumKungFuCracker, I loved it more than The Raid. lol

Spoilers!!!!! Can someone explain to me a bit that takes place around the ending? (The part where the main character is talking about how a guy cut off his arm to save a baby, etc. etc. etc.) In that bit moment, I was lost.You mean to tell me Captain America himself was about to chow down a baby?

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
Saw this last night. An amazing film.

Perfect example of a great story, flawless pacing and a divine mix of drama and violence!

Loved it. And OpiumKungFuCracker, I loved it more than The Raid. lol

Spoilers!!!!! Can someone explain to me a bit that takes place around the ending? (The part where the main character is talking about how a guy cut off his arm to save a baby, etc. etc. etc.) In that bit moment, I was lost.You mean to tell me Captain America himself was about to chow down a baby?

LOL, we agree!!!! As for that scene, I actually need to watch that again

• Like 1

TheGrimReaper

@mpm74: Indeed, he was the one who wanted to eat the baby (that was Edgar) and then by the sacrifice of the old man he beagn to realize some things about life and all etc. :) Hope that make it clear for you.

As for the movie itself - good one, I didn't expect such dramatic performance from Captain America, he gave an honest and troubled presence on screen. Tilda Swinton was marvelous as the spokeswoman for the head chief (Ed Harris) and she made it quite impressive as a slippery eel.

Anyway a solid and quite different movie form a Korean director - the atmosphere was outstanding, the actors were spot on, the pacing was fluent, the story itself was well done and well executed.

Although clocked at 2 hours and 5 minutes it wasn't boring for one minute, maybe at the end it was a bit dragged, however overall is a good movie for me. I would give it a solid 8/10 score.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
@mpm74: Indeed, he was the one who wanted to eat the baby (that was Edgar) and then by the sacrifice of the old man he beagn to realize some things about life and all etc. :) Hope that make it clear for you.

As for the movie itself - good one, I didn't expect such dramatic performance from Captain America, he gave an honest and troubled presence on screen. Tilda Swinton was marvelous as the spokeswoman for the head chief (Ed Harris) and she made it quite impressive as a slippery eel.

Anyway a solid and quite different movie form a Korean director - the atmosphere was outstanding, the actors were spot on, the pacing was fluent, the story itself was well done and well executed.

Although clocked at 2 hours and 5 minutes it wasn't boring for one minute, maybe at the end it was a bit dragged, however overall is a good movie for me. I would give it a solid 8/10 score.

I'll go with an 8.7/10

• Like 1

Spoilers!!!!! Can someone explain to me a bit that takes place around the ending?

LOL, we agree!!!! As for that scene, I actually need to watch that again

hah, maybe Weinstein should have cut the film after all :tongue:

Yes, and he said he had done that also before.

• Like 1

I've seen the Korean version/HK version.. What is the best one to buy because I remember them talking about editing the movie.. HK is much much cheaper but if it's not the full version I'll spend the extra.. Can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
I've seen the Korean version/HK version.. What is the best one to buy because I remember them talking about editing the movie.. HK is much much cheaper but if it's not the full version I'll spend the extra.. Can anyone confirm?

To my understanding I think in the end the movie was never re-edited. Twitch reported back in February that it would be the original version which is shown in the US, with the compromise that it wouldn't get such an initial wide release as first planned. The article is here -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/02/full-length-snowpiercer-coming-to-us----if-you-can-find-it.html

• Like 1

To my understanding I think in the end the movie was never re-edited. Twitch reported back in February that it would be the original version which is shown in the US, with the compromise that it wouldn't get such an initial wide release as first planned. The article is here -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/02/full-length-snowpiercer-coming-to-us----if-you-can-find-it.html

I did not seek out this film as I was sure it would be shown at the festival this year. Sadly its not. So I will have to seek out a Blu-Ray. Just one question how long is the uncut version? I want to be sure I get the right release.

• Like 1

I'd love to be discussing it, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm certainly looking forward to it though.

Have you guys watched this director's earlier films? I'm sure a lot of you have seen THE HOST, and maybe even MOTHER. But his MEMORIES OF MURDER is simply fantastic! It gets a 10 out of 10 from me. I'd also recommend ANTARCTIC JOURNAL, and even more so, the odd, darkly funny BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE. Everyone I've ever lent it to has loved it.

The director is the reason I was stoked about this film in the first place. He along with Jee-woon Kim & Chan-wook Park are my favorite Korean directors

• Like 1

Ah I just realized they are releasing the uncut version into theaters on June 27th. (Same day as the NYAFF opening night.) Guess I have one more title to add to my list that week. :bigsmile:

• Like 1