"I Am Bruce Lee" documentary

mpm74

61924934300432986154.jpg

Consists of 7 files with some commercials here and there. Unsure about any (missing) subtitles or other stuff.

H264 MPEG-4 AVC

320x240

29.977fps

MPEG AAC Audio

Stereo

48KHz

Total runtime around 1:40H

The link below is fastest for me (UK)

http://ifile.it/3tgol0r/I.am.Bruce.Lee.Fight-BB.rar

These are slow for me but worth a try:

http://jumbofiles.com/o9nluipfr2nh

http://turbobit.net/f35o9m6kzhcx/I.am.Bruce.Lee.Fight-BB.rar.html

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3983f2/n/I_am_Bruce_Lee_Fight-BB_rar

http://ul.to/s69eo5lx/I.am.Bruce.Lee.Fight-BB.rar

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|835dt|2519897459|I.am.Bruce.Lee.Fight-BB.rar

Quality isn't great but better than nothing!!! I am looking for 720p HD!!

I hope this isn't against the rules!?? as it was broadcast on TV I didn't think it would matter!!

Credit to original uploader (not my upload)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Watching this on Spike right now. Spike doesn't come in very well since I have the channels 1-27 cable package. I noticed Al Bundy was featured. Can anybody fill me in on what he talks about? I'm also interested in what Kobe Bryant had to say.

Tigerstyles

Nice to zsee Bruce back on the screen.. not a great doc but not bad either.. Gene Lebell was entertaining as usual

Shanon Lee makes me be a lil sick n then i swoloow it again everytime i see her gobbin off

This is not as bad as i was expecting, some good moments, as mentioned Gene Labelle was entertaining and its always great to see Dan Inosanto, cant believe he is in his 70's already! A bit too much MMA for my taste but it was interesting to hear what the fighters thought of Bruce. Some new pics but sadly not much new footage although that 6" punch at the Long Beach (i think) tournament was amazing!

If your a Lee fan definitely worth a watch.

I find these Bruce documentaries boring now.

The well is pretty much dry and unless the vaults are opened and we get something astounding we need to realise there's nothing left.

Listening to talking heads wax lyrical about Bruce just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Son Of A Gun

Well, (I think this has been said, but anyway...) they are catering to the new generation. The kids of today...that may not think Bruce Lee is 'cool'. It's to make sure Bruce stays popular for the next 20 years and doesn't die out with his ageing long time fans.

That's what this documentary is for. :smile:

That's true - these docs are not aimed at guys like me, but on the younger crowd.

I think in terms of keeping Bruce's name and image out there they perhaps do their job, but his legacy is so tarnished now what with all the crap that's come out that I fear he will end up being remembered for the wrong reasons.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
That's true - these docs are not aimed at guys like me, but on the younger crowd.

I get what you're saying bro. But when my wife surprised me by recording this and put it on, I have to admit... I still got kind of excited. :angel: I'm still like a little kid when it comes to this stuff. I only watched the first five minutes as I was busy, but it made me smile. :nerd:

I think in terms of keeping Bruce's name and image out there they perhaps do their job, but his legacy is so tarnished now what with all the crap that's come out that I fear he will end up being remembered for the wrong reasons.

Well said.

But you know what that means? It's up to guys like you, me, and all of the other fans to keep Bruce Lee's real legacy alive and pass it on in a proper manner to the younger generations. :bigsmile: Yes, there are "Bruce Lee Rubber Duckies" out there... However, with my son and all of the martial arts students I've trained alongside (especially the younger ones), I've always shared the important things I've learned about the man, And of course... the movies. So a lot of popular media will do what it does. Which is to shout about one dimensional, scraping the surface nonsense. We, will pass on our true love of this man. :wink:

It's up to guys like you, me, and all of the other fans to keep Bruce Lee's real legacy alive and pass it on in a proper manner to the younger generations. :bigsmile: Yes, there are "Bruce Lee Rubber Duckies" out there... However, with my son and all of the martial arts students I've trained alongside (especially the younger ones), I've always shared the important things I've learned about the man, And of course... the movies. So a lot of popular media will do what it does. Which is to shout about one dimensional, scraping the surface nonsense. We, will pass on our true love of this man. :wink:

Bro, you've inspired me! :smile:

If we leave it to others it'll be, Bruce who? Oh, you mean that guy on the aftershave bottle? :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Not on my watch!!

ShaOW!linDude

Wow, ya'll are making me feel bad now. I'd dvr'ed it and had it for about a week or two but just never could get up the gumption to sit through it. So I deleted it.

I really find myself sharing Karlos' original sentiment. I enjoy seeing footage of BL and hearing people wax rhapsodic about him. But then I get jaded. His effect/inspiration on everyone who's ever been exposed to him is essentially the same. It gets redundant to hear. Sorry.

But I completely understand what KFB is saying and wholeheartedly agree with it.

Still, without something new to really bring to the table.....I'll pass on this.

Reel Power Stunts

I thought the docu was OK, nothing special, Seeing as Shannon Lee was credited as a producer, as with other "Lee family sanctioned" endevours it skimmed over things like womanising, drug use and so on. At least it wasn't completely sycophantic. It did allow among the talking heads some to question Lee's "philoshphy", and fighting ability.

It was interesting to hear Gene LeBell sharing his opinion that he, or Chuck could have beaten Bruce. LeBell is not usually one to trash talk. He was/is a world class fighter, AND he saw Bruce up close. LeBell gave Lee props as a great athlete and performer, but not the invincible fighter some regard him as. I'm a Bruce fan, but dislike some of the more culty fan worship...I appreciated that this docu offered a few alternate viewpoints. For example, it had a bunch of folks calling Bruce the father of MMA, but also showed a clip of LeBell choking out a boxer in a ring years before JKD, ETD and so on.

it skimmed over things like womanising, drug use and so on.

Doesn't everything about him skim over the ugliness about him? Sterling Silliphant, who was a devoted Buddhist and married man was having lunch with his wife one afternoon when Bruce came by flaunting some women he was sleeping with, much to his disgust. No one talks about it in biographies - but I can't blame Bruce's children for not discussing it or his late wife, who chooses to take the high road. Still, I admire him greatly for his contribution to martial arts and I'd be lying if I said I didn't become a Wing Chun student directly because of his influence and later a JKD student for 7 1/2 years.

I think it's wonderful to remember his accomplishments but the hero worship needs to be toned down...and it would be great if we could hear about other wonderful martial artists, both in the States and Hong Kong. I'm always floored by how many people in the States are clueless about the talent out there. Dana White should talk about them too instead of giving us old stories over and over. I think I've seen EVERYTHING there is to see on Bruce and I've heard all the stories too. Let's move on now....

Laura

There is a tendency to whitewash the sins of popular figures who died tragically in their prime, ala, JFK and MLK, Jr., both of whom were womanizers. It is the way of things I'm afraid.

I watched this the other night, I didn't think it was that bad, it rehashed a lot of things done before. As far as the mma is concerned people have been mixing fighting styles up for thousands of years, it's how different styles get made, now we have a professional sport that glorifies it.

Where I think Bruce get to much credit is the fact he somehow made the Kung Fu movie, I'll admit he came in and changed the game a bit, but this discredits the Shaw output, they had a couple good choreographers over there at the time(um LKL), in 71 you have movies like Vengeance, The Duel, Duel of Fists, a couple moves I'd take over Fists of Fury.

They did touch on the Hollywood lead Asian man, I think they tried to put Jet Li in that spot for the last 10 years, but lets face it, Jet is no Bruce Lee. I think Lee Byung-hun has the looks and charisma to fill this spot.

I just watched this, nothing really new to see. To be perfectly honest, the thing that annoyed me about it was various celebrities who probably dont know anything besides the obvious about Bruce Lee carrying on as if they are massive fans.

I hadn't seen some of the Enter the Dragon behind the scenes footage before, like the bit where Bruce is dancing around!! is this new guys?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I hadn't seen some of the Enter the Dragon behind the scenes footage before, like the bit where Bruce is dancing around!! is this new guys?

I think that might be new stuff- from the Ahna Capri footage?

I just watched this, nothing really new to see. To be perfectly honest, the thing that annoyed me about it was various celebrities who probably dont know anything besides the obvious about Bruce Lee carrying on as if they are massive fans.

One of those they interviewed among the men - who he was I've no idea, but he called Bruce the "karate expert." I just wanted to slap him......

Laura

One of those they interviewed among the men - who he was I've no idea, but he called Bruce the "karate expert." I just wanted to slap him......

Laura

I agree...makes me mad!! Not sure why they choose to have people with hardly any knowledge of Bruce on these docs! The only person I was really taking notice of was Dan Inosanto, and of course Linda and Shannon!

Laura

I noticed that too. I think his name is Jon "Bones" Jones and he's the current light heaveyweight champ in the UFC. Hopefully, he'll lose his title soon. I've seen him in interviews and he appears very arrogant to me.

Tigerstyles

I did notice that the Ahna Capri footage used was infact the shitty videotape quality vesion that was on youtube recently..tape creases...

that tells us that even the estate aint got access to the master transfer, so does that Japanese guy have the reels? in mint quality

Archived