The Seasonal Filmography

Guest Markgway

So this is a bit of a necrobump but I'm curious about Snuff Bottle Connection. On the back of the Soulblade DVD it has the Seasonal logo on it, but I have never seen a Seasonal filmography where it is actually featured. Fortuna is the only company I can connect it to.. At the same time, Toby Russell would know this kind of thing I assume?

Is it possible that Seasonal bought the title from Fortuna in latter days?

• Like 3

Cognoscente

Quoting myself from below: "Back to Jackie and Lo, I wonder why Lo allowed him to work as a choreographer on Angela Mao's Dance of Death. The movie was produced by the Fortuna film company. It would appear that this was Ng See-Yuen's Taiwanese company. According to the Hong Kong Movie Database, he planned Snuff Bottle Connection (1977) which I used to think was a Seasonal movie because it involved Roy Horan, Yuen Woo-Ping and Hwang Jang Lee. With the exception of Roy and Ng, the other guys would later work on Fortuna's The Instant Kung Fu Man (1978) and The Buddha Assassinator (1980)."

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bruceleelivestributeforum/july-20th-2021-t4703-s40.html#p33059

• Like 4

Cognoscente

Ng See-Yuen seemed to have fingers in quite a few pies. I suspect that Seasonal was a satellite company of Eternal. Seasonal's Dance of the Drunk Mantis and Eternal's Crystal Fist (both 1979) had Jonathan Ting as the art director, Pau Kwok-Lan as the costume designer, Poon Hung as the editor along with Frankie Chan Fan-Kei as the composer. 

To top it all off, Anti-Corruption (1975) was a collaboration between Eternal and Seasonal.

• Like 4

Jizzmaster Jerry

Ng See Yuen has always been a hero of mine.  There’s a few things he was involved with I didn’t like such as Little Godfather and Walk on Fire.  But overall his resume is one of the most impressive you’ll find.  He definitely preferred quality over quantity.  Probably some luck was involved, but I think he’s a genius and that’s why he was so successful.  The genre of old school kung fu wouldn’t be nearly as good if Ng didn’t exist.  And the American styled HK movies from Seasonal aren’t too shabby either.  He’s one of those rare people where if I ever met him, there’s so many things I’d want to say, but I’d be speechless in the presence of a god like him. All I’d be able to say is hey, um, um, I love you!

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1