Django / Django Strikes Again

Guest rudolph

Guest rudolph

I got my Anchor Bay copy today and was excited to see the legendary Django. What a disappointment! I was expecting a bloodbath, and violence. There is no blood when people get shot, which looks especially outdated considering the high body count. Everyone mentions director Sergio Corbucci as one of the few who used blood in his films, yet here is nearly none on display. The action scenes aren't brilliant either, and certainly not violent. My favorite scenes are the bar fight and the end-of-film cemetary gundown. I see this as one of those old films, which only some people can appreciate. As a film I was impressed with Django's production, and maybe I'll give the subtitled version a look someday. Django Strikes Again was made 21 years later, and still nearly no blood! Even more surprising as he goes on his gatling-gun killing sprees a couple of times. The latter film wasn't very well made either. I hate hype, reviews with too much personal views are just plain unprofessional. Many old films are just that, old! Some people just have to give everything they watch 5 stars. I'd rate them as follows:

Django: 3/5

Django Strikes Again: 2/5

I only wish the interviews on the discs were longer, why contact Franco Nero to do a 7 and 3 minute interview?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived