1975 French Bruce Lee Documentary

David Rees

Here is a rare Bruce Lee documentary made in 1975 in France called La Légende Du Petit Dragon. Shame its not subbed....:sad:

FBWfRuJOd84

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It mentions the Streisand produced Lee biopic that never happened......I've got a '75 Spain mag where they picture the guy who was gonna play Lee.

Apparently the schedule was all set to go but Warners, who were backing the film, had a huge flop with the Stanley Kubrick film Barry Lyndon. They decided to chop a load of productions and the Bruce Lee Story was one of them.

I've always wondered what happened here.. and to the young man selected to play Bruce Lee. He was a real Martial Artist, and they were seemingly going about this the right way.

There should be footage of the talent search somewhere in WB vaults. They could include that on the proposed upcoming 40th Anniversary of ETD.

I found this small 2-part doc on youtube featuring Alex Kwok:

PT. I:

oqkgwZKtmu8

PT. II:

MhjzsdD3Bi4&feature=relmfu

and this is a clip of him with 3 sectioned staff:

yHv7DBpYXFU&feature=related

On Part II of that doc, check out Lu Feng and Chin Siu Ho rehearsing Masked Avengers - awesome!

Yeah! I thought I'd leave that as a surprise.

:bigsmile:

Killer Meteor
Yeah! I thought I'd leave that as a surprise.

:bigsmile:

i think those live sound cuts are more dramatic then the finished film - the fighting crys of the actual actors rock!

Archived