Jackie Chan's The Protecor (1985) japanese Blu Ray

andi81

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3) a mixed version with english and cantonese audio including the additional scenes + the outtakes, 104min!!!!!!!

Thanks for providing all of the info.

Any english sub for the parts with Cantonese audio? I doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

i received my Protector-Blu Ray today and now you get the facts:

The disc contains 3 (!) versions of the film!!!

1) the international version with great picture quality, 95min.

2) a cantonese version with the additional scenes but without the outtakes, 87min.

3) a mixed version with english and cantonese audio including the additional scenes + the outtakes, 104min!!!!!!!

I just finished watching the 104 minute-version...the picture quality of the additional scenes is not as good as the quality of the english material, but it's a satisfying viewing experience...

extras: some trailers and photo-slideshows

Thanks for the details:bigsmile:

Reel Power Stunts

Thanks for the link. It looks like a HD upscale of the US cut, and SD of the Asian versions. :sad:

I think the HKL is probably the best quality DVD out there of the US edit, and the French DVD the best of the HK edit.

The US-cut of the japanese Blu Ray looks really amazing on my LCD TV...unfortunatly these screencaps don't mirror that...:neutral:

LOL yes that is "real, true" upscaled SD to HD. wait for a Warner USA Bluray.. THEN see if that Fortune Star nonsense shows its real ugly face or not...

whoever can't see if this is HD or SD: be happy, you are the costumer Fortune Star wants to deceive.

A US-cut only release on blu ray will be of no interest to me...i'm happy with the japanese bd....

sd/hd-pettifogger will always find a fly in the ointment...

i received my Protector-Blu Ray today and now you get the facts:

The disc contains 3 (!) versions of the film!!!

1) the international version with great picture quality, 95min.

2) a cantonese version with the additional scenes but without the outtakes, 87min.

I just finished watching the 104 minute-version...the picture quality of the additional scenes is not as good as the quality of the english material, but it's a satisfying viewing experience...

extras: some trailers and photo-slideshows

Did you get yours from cdjapan? which is the best shipping method to use, I am in the UK!

Cheers

Why are people paying £30 for an upscale and two VCDs... lol?

I haven't ordered mine yet, I am in two minds due to the high price tag!!!

Archived