Well Go USA confirmation

razorclam

Well Go USA just confirmed on their Facebook page that Swordsman and Enchantress as well as Duel of Fists dvds would be coming out in April. I'm waiting for their response concerning blu ray editions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw the post. I wonder if this will herald a new line of Shaws to be distributed through Well Go USA?

I want the blu ray upgrade on Flash Point. I would like blus for the Shaw Brothers as well, but getting Swordsman and Enchantress with a dub would be nice as well.

Hope this amounts to good news… I’ve never been too impressed with the WellGo DVD transfers of their Shaw titles, even though they were usually a notch above the crap that Image dished up. SWORDSMAN AND ENCHANTRESS was on my want list for ages, just located a regularly priced copy at the HMV branch in TST a few months ago. DUEL OF FISTS is most welcome too, should definitely be superior to my letterboxed Siren edition. But churning out halfway acceptable anamorphic DVD's ain’t cutting it no more in 2012, so where’s the Blu’s, WellGo USA ???

Originally Posted by razorclam

I want the blu ray upgrade on Flash Point.

Wrong thread, I suppose, but if you want an upgrade why not just order the excellent UK BD ?

@ sheng, I only mentioned Flashpoint in response to nectaris's post. as far as the Blu Rays go, they haven't answered back. I guess I'll take that as a negative, but at least Well Go USA is still in the game.

...but getting Swordsman and Enchantress with a dub would be nice as well.

It’s highly doubtful that we will see a dub for Swordsman and Enchantress, but Duel of Fists will probably have one.

Killer Meteor

The R4 DVD of Duel Of Fists had the original dub. It was, however, non anamorphic and full of nasty digital breakup, resulting in coloured squares on the image

I hope Well Go's new Shaws will be 16:9, proper NTSC and with original mono. Otherwise...NO SALE!

@ sheng, I only mentioned Flashpoint in response to nectaris's post. as far as the Blu Rays go, they haven't answered back. I guess I'll take that as a negative, but at least Well Go USA is still in the game.

Sorry my comment was based off the Facebook post on Well Go's page....it was mentioned with the Shaws.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
I'm just glad there's another company releasing Shaws now!

waywardsage, what film is that scene of Toshiro slicing open his opponenet from? That's a great scene.

waywardsage, what film is that scene of Toshiro slicing open his opponenet from? That's a great scene.

That's the ending of Sanjuro, the sequel to Yojimbo. I really wish they would of made one more!:angel: The 3rd Man with no name is my favorite Western!

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
That's the ending of Sanjuro, the sequel to Yojimbo. I really wish they would of made one more!:angel: The 3rd Man with no name is my favorite Western!

Aah! I have the film. Just haven't watched in a few years. I'll have to break it out soon. Thanks for responding.

Aah! I have the film. Just haven't watched in a few years. I'll have to break it out soon. Thanks for responding.

Sanjuro is amazing. The Criterion Duo pack blu ray of Yojimbo/Sanjuro brings tears to the eyes! I love both films and find it hard to pick between them. In many ways, they're my favorites of Kurosawa sensei.

Well Go USA just confirmed on their Facebook page that Swordsman and Enchantress as well as Duel of Fists dvds would be coming out in April. I'm waiting for their response concerning blu ray editions.

Could I have a link to their page?

I contacted Well Go USA with many suggestions (ranging from video, audio, subtitles to extras, etc) - does anyone have 'Duel Of Fists' and could comment on the quality?

Killer Meteor
I contacted Well Go USA with many suggestions (ranging from video, audio, subtitles to extras, etc) - does anyone have 'Duel Of Fists' and could comment on the quality?

The running time on Well Go's site suggests this is PAL-NTSC.

chen lung
The running time on Well Go's site suggests this is PAL-NTSC.

According to a customer review at Amazon, that appears to be the case.

Disappointing once again.

Archived