texas, adios

Guest cabezon118

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zwolf1

I haven't seen this yet, but I've been tempted to buy it... the only thing putting me off is that I've heard that it's kind of "Americanized" - it's not as spaghetti-fied, and is made to look more like a traditional American western. Which isn't a bad thing; it's just not what I look for out of Spaghetti. :) Aside from that, though, I've heard it's pretty good...

Guest cabezon118

yea i took the chance and ordered a few days ago from amazonmarketplace for $16. should arrive any day now. i'll drop a word after i've peeped it.

Guest lemming

You paid $16 dollars for it?

I've seen it at walmart for $6.50 Canadian.

All I've heard is that its a pretty mediocre spaghetti western

Guest cabezon118

got it

watched it

enjoyed it thoroughly.

not as gratuitously violent (multiple human brandings do occur, but the director pans away from the violence to some folks having a conversion. you do hear the grunts, shrieks, and screams of the victims, however, if that's any consolation) as some may expect from spaghetti, but still a bitchin flick! don't get me wrong, many, many meet their fate here, you just don't get the blood-gurgles and explicit torture scenes in usual association with many spaghettis.

then again, this brings up a question: is this movie cut or edited? most anchor bay spaghetti releases state on the back of the case: complete and uncut, yet Texas, Adios doesn't state this anywhere...can we assume then, that it is cut? does anyone know?

anchor bay did do a great job with the transfer on this one, though: 2.35:1, crisp video, clear audio (mono)

well worth the $16 spent!

Guest zwolf1

Thanks for the review... I'm probably gonna add that to my want-list for some future order. :) Graphic violence isn't a necessity, as long as the movie's got some attitude and a decent story. May have to check that one out... :) I imagine it's probably uncut, but I'm not sure. I sometimes compare run-times with what I find on http://www.imdb.com , but even that's not always a sure way to tell...

Archived