Mantis Fist movies.

Kung-Fu Scholar

Kung-Fu Scholar

Hello all.

I'm doing a reseach on mantis fist movies. I made a list of all the movies where Mantis fist makes an appearence that I know of but I may have miss some. Please If you know a movie not listed below please tell me which one it is.

Thanks in advance.

K-F Scholar.

Champions

Dance of the drunken mantis.

Death duel of mantis.

Divine martial art of dharma

Dynamite trio

Eagle claws

Five Shaolin Masters,

Forbidden Kingdom.

Iron fisted Monk

King of beggar.

Magic crystal.

Mantis Combat,

Mantis under falcon claws

Martial arts of shaolin.

Martial club

Phantom Kung-fu

Prodigal SOn.

Seven star grand mantis

Shaolin Ex monk

Shaolin Mantis

Shaolin Traitorous

Snake in the eagle shadow

Snaky Fight against mantis

Tai chi boxer,

Thundering mantis

Warrior Two

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

THE INSPECTOR WEARS SKIRTS (1988) --- one of the villains (may have been Jeffrey Falcon) uses Mantis style during the end fight against Sibelle Hu and the other girls.

Kung-Fu Scholar
INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN (unbeatable dragon)

Actually that's southern mantis fist not the same thing as northern mantis. My mistake though. Should have made the distinction.

THE INSPECTOR WEARS SKIRTS (1988) --- one of the villains (may have been Jeffrey Falcon) uses Mantis style during the end fight against Sibelle Hu and the other girls.

Falcon uses monkey fist against Cynhia Rothrock (who uses eagle claw against him). Monkey's leg works is identical to mantis fist however.

As for 7 Grand Masters I check it out. Thanks,.

odioustrident

Dragon Gate (1975)

Angry Ranger

Crazy Couple

There are at least a few dozen more films I'm pretty sure.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

MANTIS FIST AND TIGER CLAWS OF SHAOLIN

I luv the intro cartoon mantis definition of a Praying Mantis.

IMO this is darn good flix!

And if I recollect correctly the main villain is 'everybody's favorite, a certain Mr. Dean Shek. Who BTW is quite good as a straight laced no comedy villain. Yes I am correct Boy Wonder.....Gollie Je Batman, that man Shek is a real villain in this one. Lets see if we can take him down Batman..... Wait just wait... Boy Wonder.... first we must see if he begins to annoy us with those dreadful comic antics of his ..... THEN Boy Wonder.... SMAK! BLAM! POW! BHHHUMP! that will be the end of the Shekawreck in kung fu cinema...Right Batman patience is king of kung fu here. LOL! (maybe)?

And John Chang is simply terrific here!

Don't know if on your list THIS may have and alternate title...Typed in search on You Tube::Mantis fist kung fu movies.....this was the first entry....try there..... may be some more....good luck!

GD Y-Y

P.S. MY earlier remarks about Mr. Shek. I still stand by them!

05-25-2009, 11:30 AM

I do like him because in the early years of watching these movies seeing this guy being so wacko was NEW & FRESH.

As the years rolled along and several hundred kung fu movies digested he became a very recognized face in the crowd.

Unfortunately most of you began to detest him. (1-20-12 not sure that 'most' of you DH)?

I think he must be highly skilled to pull off the stuff he did over the years for that he has earned my respect.

Like him or not he is quintessential in the art of comedy & kung fu.

quin·tes·sen·tial

   [kwin-tuh-sen-shuhl] Show IPA

adjective

of the pure and essential essence of something: the quintessential Jewish delicatessen.

of or pertaining to the most perfect embodiment of something: the quintessential performance of the Brandenburg Concertos.

Archived