2012 Martial Arts Film

Youal

Similar to the 2011 Martial Arts Film Report post, I think at this point is a good time as any to list all the martial arts films (or action films that have some aspect of fighting) coming out in 2012. If you know any that wasn't mention yet, please add'em to the list. I'll start:

Chinese Zodiac - Jackie Chan

Iceman Cometh remake - Donnie Yen

The Grandmaster (2012?) - Tony Leung

Tom Yum Goong 2 - Tony Jaa, Jeeja Yanin

Chocolate 2 - Jeeja Yanin

Man of Tai Chi - Kneau Reeves, Tiger Chen

The Raid - Iko Uwais

Naked Soldier - Sammo Hung, Jennifer Tse, Luxia Jiang

Rebirth - Jon Foo

Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai guy

Black & White Episode 1: The Dawn of Assault -

Hollywood:

The Dark Knight Rises - Batman vs Bane

The Expendables 2 - Sly Stallone, Jet Li, Jason Statham, etc..

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - The Rock and some Ninjas

Universal Soldier: A New Dimension - JVCD, Dolph Lundgren, Scott Adkins

...oh yeah, don't forget Extreme Counter Strike - Thunderkick3

http://www.thunderkickthemovie.com/

counterstrike.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blood Letter - Vietnamese wuxia film coming out in January in time for the Tet holidays.

Rise and Fail - the new Stunt People film with Eric taking on Johnny Yong Bosch!!!

Haywire - Gina Carano's lead role debut taking on the likes of Ewan MacGregor and Michael Fassbender

Naked Soldier - Jennifer (Nic's lil sister) Tse, Sammo Hung, Andy On (Jenn's BF), Philip Ng

ShaOW!linDude

Doesn't Jeeja Yanin have 2 more films due in 2012: Jukkalan and The Kick?

And what about Rina Takeda's KG? Won't that get an international dvd release in 2012 hopefully?

Hi everybody, I would like to add a few titles:

7 Aum Arivu (Suriya, Johnny Tri Nguen)

The Great Magician (Tony Leung, Lau Ching Wan)

The Guillotines (Huang Xiaoming, Ethan Juan, Shawn Yue, Li Yuchun, Boran Jing)

Dragon Eyes (Cung Le, JCVD)

The Unforgiven (Don “The Dragon” Wilson, Cynthia “Lady Dragon” Rothrock, James Lew, Martin Kove)

Liberator (Lou Ferrigno, Don “The Dragon” Wilson)

Princess & 7 Kung Fu Masters (Sammo Hung, Yuen Wah, Jiang Luxia, Dennis To, Philip Hg, Timmy Hung)

Vikingdom (Jon Foo, Dominic Purcell, Ron Smoorenburg, Conan Stevens)

Game Of Assassins (Chen Kuan-Tai, Darren Choo, Jiang Qiao, Jacky Jing)

Black Cobra (T.J. Storm, Jeff Wolfe, Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa)

Dragonwolf (Patric Kazu Tang)

High Kickers (Gordon Liu)

Kill ‘em all (Tim Man, Joe Lewis)

Legend Of A Rabbit 2 (animated CG-animals)

The Girl from the Naked Eye (Jason Yee, Lateef Crowder)

Don’t be afraid, I am with you – 2 (Azerbaijan MA movie)

Once Upon A Time in Shanghai (Philip Hg with Yuen Woo-Ping choreography) – 2012/2013

Petaling Street Warriors (Mark Lee)

Shinobido (Ryuichi Yuki, Kikuchi Ayaka)

The Five (Andy On, Collin Chou)

Fridays Child (Cynthia Rothrock, Zara Phythian) – 2012 ???

Art Of Death (Can Aydin, Cha-Lee Yoon, Dawid Szatarski, Eskindir Tesfay, Phong Giang) – 2012 ???

Iron Monk (Shaolin master Yanzi Shi) – 2012 ???

Khat Vong Thang Long (with Johnny Tri Nguen choreography)

El Gringo (Scott Adkins)

Pirate Brothers (Robin Shou)

After III 2090 (Cesar Curti, Byron Gibson) – end of 2011 / early 2012

Urban Fighter aka Straight Blast (Mike Moeller, Mathis Landwehr)

Fighting Fate (Chatchapol Kulsiriwoottichai – Pod from BKO) – 2012???

Una Vita Da Sogno (Marco Zanc, Tim Man)

There’s also a Berandal project from Gareth Evans (Meraantau, The Raid). As far as I know he’s rewriting a script (or did it already). Dunno much about Rebirth with Jon Foo, I think the project is frozen.

ShaOW!linDude

Interesting list, EvilDollaR.

Some of those I've not even heard of:

Liberator (Lou Ferrigno, Don “The Dragon” Wilson)

Princess & 7 Kung Fu Masters (Sammo Hung, Yuen Wah, Jiang Luxia, Dennis To, Philip Hg, Timmy Hung)

Vikingdom (Jon Foo, Dominic Purcell, Ron Smoorenburg, Conan Stevens)

Game Of Assassins (Chen Kuan-Tai, Darren Choo, Jiang Qiao, Jacky Jing)

Black Cobra (T.J. Storm, Jeff Wolfe, Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa)

Dragonwolf (Patric Kazu Tang)

High Kickers (Gordon Liu)

Kill ‘em all (Tim Man, Joe Lewis)

Legend Of A Rabbit 2 (animated CG-animals)

The Girl from the Naked Eye (Jason Yee, Lateef Crowder)

Don’t be afraid, I am with you – 2 (Azerbaijan MA movie)

Once Upon A Time in Shanghai (Philip Hg with Yuen Woo-Ping choreography) – 2012/2013

Shinobido (Ryuichi Yuki, Kikuchi Ayaka)

Fridays Child (Cynthia Rothrock, Zara Phythian) – 2012 ???

Art Of Death (Can Aydin, Cha-Lee Yoon, Dawid Szatarski, Eskindir Tesfay, Phong Giang) – 2012 ???

Iron Monk (Shaolin master Yanzi Shi) – 2012 ???

Khat Vong Thang Long (with Johnny Tri Nguen choreography)

Pirate Brothers (Robin Shou)

After III 2090 (Cesar Curti, Byron Gibson) – end of 2011 / early 2012

Urban Fighter aka Straight Blast (Mike Moeller, Mathis Landwehr)

Fighting Fate (Chatchapol Kulsiriwoottichai – Pod from BKO) – 2012???

Una Vita Da Sogno (Marco Zanc, Tim Man)

Not sure this one is a MA film. I believe it's a remake of the Edward Norton film: The Illusionist.

The Great Magician (Tony Leung, Lau Ching Wan)

Well, "The Great Magician" is based on "Eisenheim the Illusionist", but it's not really a straight remake, it has more comedy stuff and at least a few fights. In one fight Lau Ching Wan uses fried duck legs as a weapon. In another fight Tony Leung uses sword against chain hammer or something like that.

lau_ching_wan.jpg

the_great_magician_image1.jpg

I have more info about all these projects, but there's one problem - it's a Russian language information. Thought later I can provide more details on English if you don't mind...

OK, here some info.

Pirate Brothers starring Robin Shou, IMD Verdy Bhawanta, Yayuk Aw Unru, Marcio Fernando Da Silva, Andrew Lincoln Suleiman, Karina Nadila

yFavLnspI0Q

Liberator (post-production)

liberator_poster.jpg

Teaser

g40Z6ihOotM

Liberator is a new movie starring Lou Ferrigno as a disgraced, washed-up ex-superhero whose secret black ops past comes back to haunt him as he tries to get his life back on track. Also starring Peta Wilson ("La Femme Nikita,") Michael Dorn ("Star Trek - the Next Generation,") Don "The Dragon" Wilson and Edward Asner as President Whitlock. (liberatormovie.com)

Don_Wilson%20_Liberator1.jpg

Don_Wilson%20_Liberator2.jpg

Don_Wilson%20_Liberator3.jpg

Black Cobra (aka When the Cobra Strikes)

black-cobra_poster_1.jpg

Trailer

Story: The action adventure BLACK COBRA explores the Kung Fu Universe, paying homage to the classic archetypes of the genre. At the center of the story is Sizwe Biko, an ordinary man with extraordinary skills as a martial artist. He wants nothing more than to live a simple life, but is thrust into a fight for his father’s freedom, a leftover casualty of South Africa’s former Apartheid mandates.

Sizwe travels from Cape Town to Los Angeles in an effort to sell his family’s diamonds, and raise money to buy his father’s way out of prison. Once in Los Angeles, Sizwe is double crossed by a trusted confidant and his diamonds are stolen. He must now fight to take back what is rightfully his and eventually regain a life with his father.(blackcobrathemovie.com)

Dragonwolf directed by Raimund Huber (Bangkok Adrenaline)

dragonwolf_poster.jpg

Trailer

dragon_still3.jpg

dragon_still2.jpg

The Devil’s Cauldron, a city where depravity and violence has forged a society in which only the lethal and callous can survive, two young men who possess the intellect and ferocity to flourish, carve a name for themselves as the most efficient and unstoppable hit men. Side by side, these two brothers are the deadliest killers, feared by even the most evil criminals. But when a woman of rare beauty mysteriously enters the brother’s lives she blinds them with her sweet promises and turns them against each other, resulting in an epic battle that threatens to bring the Devil’s Cauldron to the brink of destruction. (epic-pictures.com)

High Kickers

hkr_poster.jpg

SJqtOlMXqtk

Story: The Taekwondo club founder Zhao Yu Min was beaten down by the death of his favorite disciple Han Xu Feng who was killed in an illegal gambling boxing match. His club gradually goes into poor operation and loses most of the disciples. One day, a girl called Ling Ling comes to his club and pledges him to train her for the national championship of Taekwondo. Her persistence and sincerity starts to restart his yearning for the honor.

Upon the arrival of the new session of national Taekwondo competition, Zhao’s only accompanying disciple gets severely injured when confronting the personal challenge of the champion favorite Gao Zhi. Meanwhile, Ling Ling signs up for the men’s competition with the name Han Xu Feng. It turns out that she’s Han’s younger sister and her aim of participation surprises Zhao.

Nonetheless, Ling Ling’s hope for the championship seems so feeble in the face of her powerful opponent. (via FilmSmash)

Kill ‘em all directed by Raimund Huber

kill_em-all_poster.jpg

Trailer

Story: Captured international assassins are locked up inside a high-tech bunker known as the Killing Chamber. To break out of this concrete hell they must duel each other, fight deadly ninjas and battle against gangs of masked maniacs. And… if they survive this, they will have to confront Snakehead: the lethal, deranged top dog who will stop at nothing to kill 'em all! (epic-pictures.com)

The Girl from the Naked Eye

the_girl_from_the_naked_eye_poster.jpg

Trailer

Making-of

hPRwfWIhDAc

Story: Jake, an ex-gambler trying to pay off a debt works as a driver for The Naked Eye, a private gentleman's club that fronts for a prostitution ring. Jake is stuck in this sad existence until he meets Sandy, an innocent misguided runaway with nowhere else to go. They form an unlikely bond and give each other the will to strive for a better life. When Sandy is found murdered, Jake will stop at nothing to find her killer. Leaving a bloody trail in his wake, he risks everything to uncover the truth and take his vengeance. Jake must survive the night while deciphering through lies, clues and his own true feelings about Sandy. (girlfromthenakedeye.com)

Iron Monk

iron_monk_poster.jpg

jKe5Ad2rSOI

Story: A fierce new Triad boss arrives in London’s Chinatown to find his profits have tumbled. The cause? An enigmatic Shaolin Monk has turned people away from drugs and prostitution; his guidance is now their ‘protection’. The Triad try and force the Monk to leave but years of meditation have given him incredible kung fu skills. The Monk soon finds himself fighting to save not only his life but also the values he holds most sacred. (jncproductions.co.uk)

Khát vọng Thăng Long (khatvongthanglong.vn)

khat-vong-thang-long.jpg

-SqWj07XtWc

QB4qE28Rq5g

Urban Fighter (aka Straight Blast)

Ut-xrZSm72c

About After III 2090 U can read at Twitch (already translated)

IMHO the most interesting project is a Thai action movie Fighting Fate from director

Nonthakorn Thaweesuk I'm not 100% sure about next video, I hope it was filmed for this upcoming project.

2QghdxdSNKU

ShaOW!linDude

Thanks for posting those, dude. A couple of them I've seen but most I hadn't.

I found a rough-cut trailer to Black Cobra. It's a little jumpy and the copy looks off but remember....it's a rough-cut. I've always liked TJ Storm.

obJKj704ecA

Here's one for Kill 'Em All.

hB9D0Raz5KE

Sadly, most of those, in my opinion, look pretty dismal. "Pirate Brothers" looks to have the best action but it seems to have stolen a lot from other films. Just look at the last scene of the trailer. "Merantau" anyone?

Wow, Cynthia Rothrock is making a come back but Michelle Yeoh is out of action lately. If that doesn't make a statement about the demise of Yeoh's career, I don't know what does....:neutral:

ShaOW!linDude

Michelle Yeoh suffered a back injury of some sort early in her career as a dancer. I believe its occasional re-occurrence is something she's had to contend with throughout her life. Maybe that's why she doing more dramatic roles now so as not to aggravate it.

Michelle Yeoh suffered a back injury of some sort early in her career as a dancer. I believe its occasional re-occurrence is something she's had to contend with throughout her life. Maybe that's why she doing more dramatic roles now so as not to aggravate it.

I would highly doubt it since she wouldn't have done Supercop. In fact, I'd have thought having broken her back in Ah Kam, Story of a Stunt Woman would have more impact on her career than a dance injury. I think she's just making poor choices and isn't focusing where she should. If Kara Hui can still do an action scene, Yeoh should too. Lately it seems the dramatic choices (and what few action films she's done) just miss the mark big time. She's capable of better.....

Archived